Daniel for International Women's Day

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

This vid has had over 1.3 million views. Not bad! :D
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Sylvia's girl wrote:This vid has had over 1.3 million views. Not bad! :D
Wow. No kidding. That's a lot!
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainm ... womens-day

It's Daniel Craig as you've never seen him before. The James Bond star and former GQ Man Of The Year faces arguably his toughest mission yet - fighting gender inequality in support of International Women's Day. Shot by artist turned director Sam Taylor-Wood, scripted by Kick-Ass scribe Jane Goldman and overseen by 007 producer Barbara Broccoli, the stunning short was commissioned by the Annie Lennox-led charitable coalition Equals and boasts a creative team which frankly wouldn't disgrace the 23rd instalment of the film franchise.

In the clip, Dame Judi Dench's M interrogates the philandering secret agent at least as hard as Le Chiffre ever did, hitting him where it hurts - his male pride - with some damning statistics about the treatment of the opposite sex in our supposedly progressive society: "For someone with such a fondness for women, I wonder if you've ever considered what it means to be one?" Clearly the campaigning Bond has come a long way since M memorably labelled him "a sexist, misogynist dinosaur" in GoldenEye - but then that was Pierce Brosnan...
ImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

James Bond in drag is a big draw in America's Viral Video chart

A video from U.K. nonprofit We Are Equals, in which Daniel Craig reprises his James Bond role for an International Women's Day clip, has hit No 2 in the Viral Video chart organised by the American magazine AdAge.

Judi Dench, playing her long-running 007 character, M, gives Craig's Bond an intriguing assignment: What would it be like to be a woman for a day?

"Craig's surprise cross-dressing surely helped the clip get lots of pass-around on Facebook, which drove the majority of the campaign's traffic," said Ad Age. Number of views: 1,670,001.

source: http://www.thedrum.co.uk/news/2011/03/1 ... eo-chart-/

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Dunda wrote:James Bond in drag is a big draw in America's Viral Video chart

A video from U.K. nonprofit We Are Equals, in which Daniel Craig reprises his James Bond role for an International Women's Day clip, has hit No 2 in the Viral Video chart organised by the American magazine AdAge.

I wonder if DC would be proud or embarrassed by this news? Not because he is in drag, but because he is "popular"
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Cyanaurora wrote:
Dunda wrote:James Bond in drag is a big draw in America's Viral Video chart

I wonder if DC would be proud or embarrassed by this news? Not because he is in drag, but because he is "popular"
I think by now he would be proud.

Being "used" by this kind of ad shows that you are on top of the game.

What a difference to making ads for Marmite :lol:

Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

And wearing the Marmite jumper!
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

caramel wrote: I thought Gg meant there was another one where you can hear him giggle?
I think she meant that she could hear him giggle in her mind when she pictured him getting all dressed up for the occasion. Yes I can hear that too... :lol:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

I'm a bit late, but I really couldn't stop smiling over his cuteness! And of course his courage!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Thanks to Alex for the reminder :lol:

Today is INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkp4t5NYzVM

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Just shared the vid on FB. It doesn't hurt to remind everyone how amazing Daniel is.
I suspect his self-avowed feminist wife may have had an influence on him doing this. I'd like to know where he got his bra from, my boobs are about that size and it's rare to get that kind of uplift :wink:
Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

Lol, he looks about a 40C maybe? :D
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Bump - seeing as it's International Women's Day again. For your viewing pleasure and because sadly the world probably hasn't changed all that much for women since 1997 or whenever this was made..
Alina

Post by Alina »

CockHargreaves wrote:Bump - seeing as it's International Women's Day again. For your viewing pleasure and because sadly the world probably hasn't changed all that much for women since 1997 or whenever this was made..
Happy Women's Day :)
If you are referring to THIS very video, it was made in 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkp4t5NYzVM

Judi is narrating and she is referring to Daniel as 007 :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/0 ... 32285.html

And you are right, not much has changed, but still, some progress has been made and it's a great thing that Daniel supported the project, it was a very brave and classy thing to do. It made me love him even more. Besides, he's a REAL man and he knows that, that's why he was not self-conscious about appearing in such a video. What a man!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, it was his idea to draw more attention to it. He certainly succceeded in that and from what I know, he got mainly great responses.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..