DC and RW news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Tuulia

Post by Tuulia »

But I don't want to get used to crap - I much rather avoid it. :wink:
Crap is bad for my blood pressure, does not improve my mood, and makes me feel pissed off and occasionally murderous. Not good. So, why bother? And no, of course I don't think you'd just believe everything, but I rather avoid that stuff altogether if i can help it. I realize this will be hard.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Tuulia wrote:But I don't want to get used to crap - I much rather avoid it. :wink:
Crap is bad for my blood pressure, does not improve my mood, and makes me feel pissed off and occasionally murderous. Not good. So, why bother? And no, of course I don't think you'd just believe everything, but I rather avoid that stuff altogether if i can help it. I realize this will be hard.
I know, how you feel. And No, its not good for our blood pressure. Some of it sure made me go :evil: :gaah:

But as on MI6, where the crap more came from the members IMO, its hard to avoid, because then you would need to avoid all the news threads, which are the most interesting ones apart from pics and vids, of which we have not many these days. -
I haven't been a fan of anybody before ( not in the world of the internet at least) and yes it can be nervewrecking and certainly with Daniel. He is a handful and so much his own man, that you NEVER know, what to expect. :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Fair play to Daniel, it must get really frustrating when you are trying to do a bit of shopping and some stupid fool is filming you. He keeps his cool most of the time but every now and then you are going to snap a somebody and thankfully he didn't do anything he was going to regret same with Rachel. They handled it better than most celebrities would. :D
Tuulia

Post by Tuulia »

Germangirl wrote:
Tuulia wrote:But I don't want to get used to crap - I much rather avoid it. :wink:
I know, how you feel. And No, its not good for our blood pressure. Some of it sure made me go :evil: :gaah:

But as on MI6, where the crap more came from the members IMO, its hard to avoid, because then you would need to avoid all the news threads, which are the most interesting ones apart from pics and vids, of which we have not many these days. -
I haven't been a fan of anybody before ( not in the world of the internet at least) and yes it can be nervewrecking and certainly with Daniel. He is a handful and so much his own man, that you NEVER know, what to expect. :lol:
Hard to avoid? I thought it might be, I'll see how I manage.

I have been and continue to be a fan on many fronts (the intensity varies and changes over time, but anyway...) and in my experience being a fan is just generally bad for one's nerves - I honestly can't even imagine the "certainly with Daniel" bit that you mention, it can't possibly be worse :shock: than what I've endured already with some other people I've been a fan of. He's my "safe" option, for goodnessakes. :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

LOL - not too sure about him being a "safe" option. He is unpredictable and has a temper, but this ensures, its never boring. But I cannot compare, since I don't follow any of the others. But, of course, once in a while, I think - thankfully, this is not DC, who did that, said that etc. :lol:

But now, you made me interested in what other choices you have, if he is your only movie star. Singers? You don't have to answer...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Tuulia

Post by Tuulia »

I know he has a temper. :P How is that a problem? I realize temper can be, if not controlled, but maybe I just don't know enough about this particular case. :wink: Unpredictable means... surprises, no? :P Sounds fun... Anyway, I didn't mean stuff like that, really when I said "safe"... but, um... I don't need to worry about him all the time, do I? I hope. Well, I haven't so far, but I guess there's time... Worrying is exhausting. :(
I am or have been a fan of some singers/bands and athletes. Music I only listen to nowadays. Sport, well, watching it can make person a nervous wreck, and then there are injuries, and the careers are short, anyway. Actors can stay in that job their whole lives. I'd really rather not worry about near fatal addictions (thankfully only "near" and since then overcome), severe depression leading to slit wrists and all that. Basically people hurting themselves. Or then hurt by others - attacked verbally and physically, death threats, what have you. It does a fan's head in. But of course one can't really choose one's fandom, it just happens, and one can't predict the future, either. So, if there's something to worry about, a fan will worry.
Anyway, I'm really down to two guys now. (There has never been time for several at any time - one's head would explode.) Not that I've forgotten anyone from before, but I don't actively "follow" them like you put it. I remain loyal and supportive, but keep my distance. Of the two, what makes Daniel "safe" to me is him not being an athlete. He can have a shoulder surgery, but that doesn't make me go "gaaaaah, can he ever act again???" you know. Sleeping regularly and enough is healthier than not doing it, and Daniel doesn't force me to stay up so late it's practically morning - or get up so early it's practically night. Not that I would mind, but he doesn't. And I probably won't be suffering a heart attack watching a movie. Well, one never knows, but still. I know dehydration is an issue like I've said before, what with all the :drool: but I can handle that.

Ok now please don't tell me following a movie's production can cause nervous breakdowns.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Tuulia, I now remember an athlete, you mentioned. Yes, I could imagine that being nervewrecking - probabably as if you watch actors do "dangerous" stunts or some such and yes, an athletes career can be over in the snap of a moment through an injury. Not an easy life for a fan.

No, this won't happen with Daniel, but he has costs me enough nerves as it is :lol: But that's because I am a worry worm - my problem. And no - apart from some Award sows, he doesn't make us stay up all night (I did for the GG's) and part of me was thakful, he didn't attend the Oscars. It sorta ruins the next day, if you don't sleep.

About following a movie production - I think this Bond was rather unspectacular in terms of him being injured - unless with QOS. But I always felt, tat with QOS, they did let us follow more closely or maybe that's just my feeling in hintsight.

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

So, in the event they are in The Real Thing (which has been previously speculated by theatre peeps), there will be a better chance for people to see it, IMHO. It's Roundabout Theatre, a non-prof, which often has many cheaper seats (as required) and great subscribers deals.

Now must go read the play. I do love me some Stoppard.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Corellianjedi2 wrote:So, in the event they are in The Real Thing (which has been previously speculated by theatre peeps), there will be a better chance for people to see it, IMHO. It's Roundabout Theatre, a non-prof, which often has many cheaper seats (as required) and great subscribers deals.

Now must go read the play. I do love me some Stoppard.
I have agree. I saw Philip Seymour Hoffman and John C. Reilly in Sam Shephard's True West and it's a very intimate space. At least it was 12 years ago.
Crazy!
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

http://www.empireonline.com/awards2013/live/

Rafe Spall has just reveiled that he is going to Broadway this Autumn in a top-secret play he can't talk about. I think this is clearly Betrayal. He must be playing the man the wife character has an affair with.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

That would be good. He's a really good actor.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Saw it and thought the same, but Betrayal seems off and its now "The Real Thing"

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

He seems WAY too young for the Jerry role.
Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

Luckily he got his Dad's acting skills and not his looks!
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Corellianjedi2 wrote:He seems WAY too young for the Jerry role.
I think he looks very young.