THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bubita wrote:If they start shooting in June he would be ready for Bond in December or January next year, if they just planning to do the next book alone, that would be a very tight schedule though.
Love Tattoo!
Hi my bubita :D
Biut he has the play in fall and this will eat up some time, too. If he doesn't start filming something right now, there will be no filming before the play or before Bond (when they hopefully start end/early 13/14.).
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:
bubita wrote:If they start shooting in June he would be ready for Bond in December or January next year, if they just planning to do the next book alone, that would be a very tight schedule though.
Love Tattoo!
Biut he has the play in fall and this will eat up some time, too. If he doesn't start filming something right now, there will be no filming before the play or before Bond (when they hopefully start end/early 13/14.).
It looks like they're both completely free until the play. Maybe they just want some quality free time togther.
Travel? orbis? Who knows? Or maybe there's something in the pipeline that we just don't know anything about.
Last edited by Sylvia's girl on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Love Tattoo!
It looks like they're both completely free until the play. Maybe they just want some quality free tome togther.
Travel? orbis? Who knows? Or maybe there's something in the pipeline that we just don't know anything about.
I think the first - IMO he ist just done with the big game right now. Bond yes, but easy on the rest. Bad for us, but if that's what he wants, I wish him the best.
But true, like you say, there can always be something in the pipeline still. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Sylvia's girl wrote: It looks like they're both completely free until the play. Maybe they just want some quality free time togther.
I only say Patagonia :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bubita

Post by bubita »

Germangirl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
Germangirl wrote: Hi my bubita :D
It looks like they're both completely free until the play. Maybe they just want some quality free tome togther.
I think the first - IMO he ist just done with the big game right now. Bond yes, but easy on the rest. Bad for us, but if that's what he wants, I wish him the best.
But true, like you say, there can always be something in the pipeline still. :D
I forgot about the play :roll:, quality time with family is the best now and, as Dunda said, a visit to PAtagonia wouldn´t be a bad idea so... WELCOME! :D :D :D
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Yeah, and I don't suppose there are papz in Patagonia either. Drats.
The only time he has to do something is now, and he opted out of that, so yeah, looks like free time until the play mixed with Bond script development, then the play, then Bond.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Looks like enjoying the heck out of life. Smarty pants, because that is what really counts in the end. I guess, he figured that out big time right now. Enough money in the bank, no NEED to work, just be free. I am sure, once he has to start working seriously again he will have that itch to do so, but right now - obviously not. Happy times...

Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Finally some news on the sequel.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/rooney- ... ement-360/
A new screenwriter has been hired so hopefully this will get made. I'd like to see Daniel return but I feel he did all he could do with Mikheal in the first movie. I think the only real appeal for him will be if Fincher returns otherwise I think he'll skip it and rightly so. I'm only interested in 'Played with Fire' if Fincher is back, without him I couldn't give a shit about the film.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I don't agree. I believe, he will be happy to return into the role and also - he is contracted for the sequels and cannot just walk away. I don't see Fincher doing it, but they will find someone appropriate. Fincher is good, but he is also very costly due to his endless repeats of every scene. They will go for someone, who does it in less then 1 year and rightly so. Just my two...this needs to be less expensive to be successful moneywise.
I would love to see him again as Mikael.

I had almost given up on it and am very happy, they didn't.

Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Germangirl wrote:I don't agree. I believe, he will be happy to return into the role and also - he is contracted for the sequels and cannot just walk away. I don't see Fincher doing it, but they will find someone appropriate. Fincher is good, but he is also very costly due to his endless repeats of every scene. They will go for someone, who does it in less then 1 year and rightly so. Just my two...this needs to be less expensive to be successful moneywise.
I would love to see him again as Mikael.

I had almost given up on it and am very happy, they didn't.
I think if he wanted out they would let him go.
I mean there was talk of writing him out of the film, I personally don't think that's a bad idea.
It's Lisbeth's story, she's the most interesting one in it.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

I'm pleased to hear there's a possibility of it going ahead. Having read the books now, I agree with those who've said Daniel is physically more like Mikael than the Swedish actor who played him. I also feel that Rooney Mara was a superb Lisbeth Salander, much better than the Swedish actress because she looks so much more fragile and behaves in a much more "Aspergic" way.
And although Lisbeth is the main character, Mikael is still central to the stories. He's a babe magnet in the books, without even trying. His principles and his determination to get justice for Lisbeth make him vital to the plot.
If it can be made more cheaply, but still done well, and in keeping with the books (with no unnecessary plot changes as happened when they left out the Australia part), then I'll be delighted and I don't see why it shouldn't be successful.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

I do like the idea if they combined book 2 and 3 as 1 movie,
Mikael is an important character to the story, even though his appearance isn't phycially in the movie hs is in the background a lot, he is instermental in helping Lisbeth thought the tiral and her innocence.
I hope they do another movie.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

..and also a sequel would manifest, that the first one was not a failure.

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

saw just now @ the HSX forums
grain of salt, but I was told today Sony and MGM are developing the rest of the Dragon Tat movies as a TV miniseries {nm}
http://www.hsx.com/forum/forum.php?id=3&pid=240064

grain of salt indeed
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

What's HSX forums?