THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks. I hope not. Then they should rather just let it go.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Surely this wouldn't work if they still want Daniel and Rooney? I've never heard of any other situation where the sequel to a movie was a TV miniseries? Extraordinary if it's true :shock:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Exclusive: Andrew Kevin Walker Rewriting ‘Dragon Tattoo’ Sequel; David Fincher's ‘20,000 Leagues’ Is Dead

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... um=twitter
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:dance2:

I think, it can do very well without Fincher.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

No worries, this is some OLD Bla and I don't think, its true. It was the sort, that Rooney dismissed.

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

This article suggests Fincher won't be involved... But I guess once again it's just someone's opinion, not necessarily true.

2011′s The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was a very enjoyable adaptation of an absolutely thrilling novel. Rooney Mara was excellent as Lisbeth Salander, Daniel Craig played a near perfect Mikael Blomkvist, and David Fincher’s direction led to an all-around awesome movie. Or at least that’s the way many fans saw it.

Sony on the other hand, was not so excited about the first film. While it did bring in over $200 million, that wasn’t enough to turn a profit, especially with a production budget of $90 million. Before The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, it would’ve seemed like a no-brainer that the sequel would happen. After all, the book trilogy is wildly successful and loved by its fans. But now, Sony has been extremely hesitant to press on with a full trilogy.

Then there came the word that Daniel Craig wanted more money. That makes sense considering Skyfall broke all sorts of box office records and brought in over $1 billion worldwide. He’s one of the hottest actors in the world right now, and deserves to be paid as such. But Sony wants to cut costs on this trilogy, not have them go up, so there’s been talk of writing Blomkvist out of the sequel, which is just ridiculous.

Now, the latest roadblock for The Girl Who Played With Fire is it looks like there’s next to no chance that David Fincher will be returning for the film. That news comes from a brief line at the end of an article about Fincher’s upcoming film Gone Girl. Check out that excerpt below.

Fincher’s chances of helming a sequel to Dragon Tattoo, which Sony shot on a $90 million budget, are all but dead.

If they end up making the movie without Fincher it will definitely be disappointing. The first film was very well directed, and it worked so well in large part because of the tone Fincher set. That being said, I’d much rather see the next film made without Fincher than not made at all, so if Fincher is absolutely not able to do it, it’s time to start looking for a new director. If the issue is in the budget, replacing the director is a viable option, writing out the main character is not, so I say keep Craig and find a less experienced director.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/davi ... oo-sequel/
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Here's another article:

Bond and 'Dragon Tattoo' Sequels Are Interlocked, Whither Fincher?

Daniel Craig is starring in two major franchises with sequels in progress. Director Sam Mendes is back on board Bond 24, while a new writer, Andrew Kevin Walker (Fincher's "Seven" and "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea") has come aboard to rewrite Steve Zaillian's script for "The Girl Who Played with Fire." But who will direct the "Dragon Tattoo" sequel?

Sources say Sony wants to bring down the budget from the original's $90-million-plus and the Emmy-nominated Fincher ("House of Cards") is not the route to doing that. The risk with headstrong demanding directors like Fincher and Gore Verbinski ("The Lone Ranger") is that studios get scared that budgets will get too high to allow for serious profits. Thus Disney has reportedly scrapped Fincher’s $200 million-plus, 3-D “20,000 Leagues Under The Sea." In any case, Fincher is moving on, prepping to shoot thriller “Gone Girl” this fall, starring Ben Affleck. Fincher is seeking a leading lady. And what has happened to Sony's big-budget tentpole "Cleopatra"? Fincher was interested in that before Sony headed toward Oscar-winner Ang Lee.

Meanwhile, since Sony has Daniel Craig for both "Dragon Tattoo" and its prized Bond franchise, juggling schedules becomes a further complication. Fortunately, Sam Mendes will return for "Bond 24" (October 23, 2015 UK; November 6, 2015, US). But the three-year gap for the billion-dollar "Skyfall" follow-up not only accommodates Mendes' busy theatrical schedule (the "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" musical just bowed in London and "King Lear" opens in January), but also presumably allows Craig to make the "Dragon Tattoo" sequel. Speaking of "Bond 24" and busy schedules, will celebrated cinematographer Roger Deakins return along with production designer Dennis Gassner? But other than the Hugh Jackman vigilante thriller, "Prisoners" (September 20), nothing official is on the horizon.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononho ... 7c3f590000
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks. At least, they are talking or rather writing abut it again.

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

I hope he gets to do it. I loved his portrayal of Mikael Blomkvist.
Not really bothered whether it's Fincher tbh
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Fincher is perfect 4 this franchise
I cant think of any other director except maybe Michael Mann
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Whilst talking about this, I was wondering, where you were :wink:

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Rooney Mara Doesn't Want To Part With 'Dragon Tattoo' Director

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/171233 ... quel.jhtml
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com