Betrayal - Bye, Bye...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tampa

Post by tampa »

The play can't be a flop. It's already sold out. And RW and in particular Rafe who has the best role will likely get good reviews. So Rudin and Nichols may not give a damn about DC. It was his decision to take the lesser, supporting role and now he's stuck with it. Unfortunately, so are many of his fans who don't know the play and are paying big bucks to see him in what they thought was a major role.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Well hopefully his fans would have researched the play and read up on it before buying tickets.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Well hopefully his fans would have researched the play and read up on it before buying tickets.
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Why are people so upset for? He's in a Broadway play. The biggest of 2013. That's big news.
khenton

Post by khenton »

Hi sf. Read the play seen the movie and sat thru one production. Not my cup of tea and I think it's dated. Themes not as revel ant today and lacks the action or perverse subject matter that seems to be the norm. No flashy lights and locations and heaven forbid dialogue Nasty word. Means the actor have to annunciate and the audience has to pay attention. But this is theatre with a capital T. So there you have it. Seems everyone wants James Bond and that's to be expected. Final observation. Are we perhaps channeling Liz and dick. Cause how every Virginia Woolf ee they look holding hands. Perhaps two hours of shouting and emotional abuse is more appealing :wink: k
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Vanquish wrote:Why are people so upset for? He's in a Broadway play. The biggest of 2013. That's big news.
oops I double posted......I'm not upset at all. It's far too early to know how it's going to pan out with the critics.
I'm happy for him.:wink:
khenton

Post by khenton »

Vanquish wrote:Why are people so upset for? He's in a Broadway play. The biggest of 2013. That's big news.
Thanks v. Couldn't have said if better :wink: k
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

khenton wrote:Hi sf. Read the play seen the movie and sat thru one production. Not my cup of tea and I think it's dated. Themes not as revel ant today and lacks the action or perverse subject matter that seems to be the norm. No flashy lights and locations and heaven forbid dialogue Nasty word. Means the actor have to annunciate and the audience has to pay attention. But this is theatre with a capital T. So there you have it. Seems everyone wants James Bond and that's to be expected. Final observation. Are we perhaps channeling Liz and dick. Cause how every Virginia Woolf ee they look holding hands. Perhaps two hours of shouting and emotional abuse is more appealing :wink: k
She said she might like to do VW with him in a few years.
Nice to see you K!
khenton

Post by khenton »

Hi ya Sylvia g!! Thanks for all the news :wink: k
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

khenton wrote:Hi ya Sylvia g!! Thanks for all the news :wink: k
Pleasure...have you seen the pics from the play yet?
khenton

Post by khenton »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
khenton wrote:Hi ya Sylvia g!! Thanks for all the news :wink: k
Pleasure...have you seen the pics from the play yet?
Yea! :lol: :wink: k
tampa

Post by tampa »

khenton wrote:Hi sf. Read the play seen the movie and sat thru one production. Not my cup of tea and I think it's dated. Themes not as revel ant today and lacks the action or perverse subject matter that seems to be the norm. No flashy lights and locations and heaven forbid dialogue Nasty word. Means the actor have to annunciate and the audience has to pay attention. But this is theatre with a capital T. So there you have it. Seems everyone wants James Bond and that's to be expected. Final observation. Are we perhaps channeling Liz and dick. Cause how every Virginia Woolf ee they look holding hands. Perhaps two hours of shouting and emotional abuse is more appealing :wink: k
Don't agree. There is a heck of a lot of room between this weak, passive role, and another James Bond or VW. Like how about a role that uses and challenges his talent, that uses the intensity and power as an actor that he use to display in roles before Bond. It hardly has to be James Bond, or the yelling and screaming in VW. He had Rudin producing and had a ton of choices available to him other than these extremes.
khenton

Post by khenton »

tampa wrote:
Don't agree. There is a heck of a lot of room between this weak, passive role, and another James Bond or VW. Like how about a role that uses and challenges his talent, that uses the intensity and power as an actor that he use to display in roles before Bond. It hardly has to be James Bond, or the yelling and screaming in VW. He had Rudin producing and had a ton of choices available to him other than these extremes.
:lol: :wink: k
caramel

Post by caramel »

khenton wrote:
Thanks v. Couldn't have said if better :wink: k
Hey K - :wave:

Agree with you guys. I don't get what the furor is about. Especially when not more than 2 people here have seen it :? Its the critics opinion that matter finally?

GG - I am with you. I am also hopeful that they will fine tune this thing (if they think it needs it) for the opening night.

Sf- glad you saw the play. Thanks for the prompt report. Sorry that you felt a bit underwhelmed by his performance and the duration of the play.

IMO it doesn't matter how big or small a role is- what you do with that matters. Critics hopefully are well-read individuals and have read the play and go in anticipating the right things and if Daniel delivers the right note - he wins. Good that Rachel / Rafe are doing fine in their roles. Maybe Daniel is too and as subtly is his forte I am sure he did (will be doing ) a great job. After watching the movie version, I understood that Robert is a lot more subtle than Jerry and has this anger inside him. It doesn't have to be super showy to convince the well-read critics , I presume.

Wish they would make a dvd version available after the play finishes its run so rest of us can see it too.

sf - what did Rachel look like in person?
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

sf - OMG didn't realize you'd seen it already, I completely missed your report till now. thank you! As caramel said, sorry you were under-whelmed, sounds like this really is a RW vehicle, which is a shame.