Betrayal - Bye, Bye...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Now they only have to make it a critical success, too. I am still not convinced, that Rooert can make the same impression as Jerry with a less meaty role.

If they were not up on par yet or as good as they can be, maybe its due to their illness, which gave them less "real" time to practise and fell comfy. IF so, then we will find out. Pam is the next to see it on Thursday.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

BROADWAY THEATER REVIEW: BETRAYAL STARRING DANIEL CRAIG & RACHEL WEISZ

http://www.dc-sketchbook.blogspot.co.uk ... rayal.html
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This is so nice, I would like to see it written out. Thanks Sylvia for finding. Lets hope, there are many more, wo really UNDERSTAND the play and can appreciate it for what it is. Also, this man has a 139,00 ticket, which surely isn't too close and still they transferred it to him.

This weekend I saw the Broadway play Betrayal starring Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz; it still lingers with me.

The play officially opens October 21 but has sold out and is now the hottest ticket on Broadway.

Thankfully, the play lives up to the hype.

Unlike many productions which feature movie stars, Betrayal crackles with extraordinary performances that live up to the Broadway cache.

No question, numerous Emmy's are in store for this production.

The play has four actors: Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz, Rafe Spall and Stephen DeRosa (who has a very small but amusing role as a waiter).

Spall carries a tremendous load as he is the main protagonist and delivers the most action and lines as both the best friend of Daniel Craig's character and as the lover of Craig's wife.

Thankfully, Spall is a powerhouse able to deliver drama and humor with conviction and presence.

To see Craig and Weisz on stage not only validates them as actors worthy of the title "Actor" (beyond celebrity) but also validates the existence of Broadway which too often delivers big names with big flops.

Betrayal is why theater exists, to see riveting performances such as these.

The play itself is fascinating in its construction as theater.

This is a play which unreels characters like an onion; slowly and to stinging effect.

When the last scene came (to a rousing standing ovation) I thought for a moment: "Wait, that's it?"

And then like a sledge hammer I was hit with the reality of all the nuances throughout each scene which culminated in the last dramatic moment.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:Also, this man has a 139,00 ticket, which surely isn't too close and still they transferred it to him.
My ticket is 139 $ and it's front row!!

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Dunda wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Also, this man has a 139,00 ticket, which surely isn't too close and still they transferred it to him.
Howard Sherman ‏@HESherman 14h
For 7 previews, Broadway BETRAYAL grossed $1.1 million at average $149 per ticket. Previews. Imagine where it'll be once they open. #gross

So you did good! :D
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Dunda wrote:
Howard Sherman ‏@HESherman 14h
For 7 previews, Broadway BETRAYAL grossed $1.1 million at average $149 per ticket. Previews. Imagine where it'll be once they open. #gross

So you did good! :D
It took me 3 atemps, because I was using the AMEX card of a dear friend and got the security code wrong (AMEX has it on the front of the card, all other credit cards I know have the security code on the back).
The first two attemps were 250 $ per ticket for 4./8. row and when my friend told me that I had to use the security code on the front, the third attempt was succesfull and I got front row for 139$
I was VERY happy then :lol:

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Rafe's Mum and Dad..

Shane&Timothy Spall ‏@pastafa 1h
Record Sales for Broadway's 'Betrayal' http://nyti.ms/17hzQcb Hope we can get a ticket!

Laney Crowell ‏@laneycrowell 7h
Betrayal with Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz was amazing!!! If you're in New York, must see #broadway pic.twitter.com/wUhdGr88TB
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Well, they sure are in the news with being a top grosser and a hit already.
And it seems, the reviews are getting better, too. They still have 19 days.

All papers are reporting it
Last edited by Germangirl on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:
His ticket says K 14, which is 12 th row, but far on the right side, so not the best of views.

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Can I ask another dumb question? :oops: I seem to remember Dunda telling me that the plays official opening date was 27th October... so are these still just the "previews"?? :? I am not familiar with "theatre land" procedures but this feels like its already opened officially with all the reviews and stuff...
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

There have been no real reviews from critics so far. Only from regular theater goers.

AFAIK there are no official reviews from critics in papers etc allowed during preview.

PAMELA BRAMMER

Betrayal

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

Just to let everyone know. I wont be able to post whilst in NYC but I shall write my review and report when I get home on Monday.
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

It is SO good to hear that they received a standing ovation. Whew! One has t believe that the previews and all the additional work with Nichols is going to pay off. The security guard said that Daniel is in the theater all day even when they just have an evening performance. It's like a boxer training for the big fight on he 27th and after. I SO hope both he and Rachel get stellar reviews, but whatever they end up being, I hope they are the same.
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

awww they're improving!! :happyrunning:

thx for all the reports again! & pics are yum. he looks fab!
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Colin Cowie ‏@colincowie 6h
Just saw great theater @Betrayal with @DanielCraig and @rachelweiszorig