Betrayal - Bye, Bye...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Hey guys. I'm still alive. Just been extremely busy with work and life. I have no $ to see the play so not sure when/if ill get to go. And after CC helped my friend and I get a couple autographs before the show started, we promised him we wouldn't "be there every night" so I have yet to go near the stage door.

Hope everyone who's gone has enjoyed the play!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hey Elisa, good to see you. But surely that was a joke on cc's side. I a sure, he likes to see you or - at least - it wouldn't bother him. Whether its you or others, doesn't matter to him :wink:

Anyway - whatever you do, have a good time.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Jim McCarthy ‏@JimMcCarthy528 6m
Seeing Betrayal on Broadway tonight. Something tells me the massive crowds aren't here because of Pinter.

If that tweet didn't make sense: the show stars Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz. The scene outside the theater is pandemonium. Shenanigans

"There's only one way in, people! Join the line! You have assigned seats! Please calm down!" :lol:
:lol: sounds good. Ah, the excitement.

Same guy:
Jim McCarthy ‏@JimMcCarthy528 8m

Betrayal is a fascinating play. And Daniel Craig in particular is fascinating in it.
Last edited by Germangirl on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Germangirl wrote:Hey Elisa, good to see you. But surely that was a joke on cc's side. I a sure, he likes to see you or - at least - it wouldn't bother him. Whether its you or others, doesn't matter to him :wink:

Anyway - whatever you do, have a good time.
Either way, since I work in the theatre industry I'm trying to not get too into the stage door thing. An acquaintance of mine is doing security though so may drop by this week. Plus I have some thank you treats for CC that need delivering. :)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:D good luck.

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Laura Butler ‏@BugletRocks 3h
Daniel Craig is an even more amazing actor in person! Amazing 4 person cast of betrayal on broadway! A MUST see
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Are you folks filtering out the tweets about Rafe or is DC getting a much more excited response these days than he did in the first couple of previews? It's great to see these tweets saying such positive things about his performance and him as a person. :)
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

CockHargreaves wrote:Are you folks filtering out the tweets about Rafe or is DC getting a much more excited response these days than he did in the first couple of previews? It's great to see these tweets saying such positive things about his performance and him as a person. :)
No we're not filtering the tweets, DC does seem to be getting a more positive response now. There were a few tweets when the play first previewed for Rafe being the standout but nothing recently. :wink:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Corellianjedi2 wrote:Hey guys. I'm still alive. Just been extremely busy with work and life. I have no $ to see the play so not sure when/if ill get to go. And after CC helped my friend and I get a couple autographs before the show started, we promised him we wouldn't "be there every night" so I have yet to go near the stage door.

It is expensive now unfortunately.
I read somewhere that there is no student rush, is that right?
It would be a real shame if you can't take the opportunity to see it.
I really hope you can.
Btw Elisa, what's the low down on the play in theatre land, you must of
heard stuff on the grapevine about how the play is going etc?
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

∞Kristiin Butler∞ ‏@kristinamie522 7h
well betrayal was amazing so thanks Daniel Craig
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
CockHargreaves wrote:Are you folks filtering out the tweets about Rafe or is DC getting a much more excited response these days than he did in the first couple of previews? It's great to see these tweets saying such positive things about his performance and him as a person. :)
No we're not filtering the tweets, DC does seem to be getting a more positive response now. There were a few tweets when the play first previewed for Rafe being the standout but nothing recently. :wink:
Awesome! I'm glad HHH has redressed the balance :D :D :D
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

CockHargreaves wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
Awesome! I'm glad HHH has redressed the balance :D :D :D
Crunch time after the 27th when the critics reviews start.
I must say I feel a tad apprehensive about it. :wink:
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

I agree with SG. I haven't come across many tweets singling out for praise the individual performances of Rachel and Rafe. However, there have been a good number of tweets commending the whole cast. I am pleased that Daniel has received many positive comments on his performance. Many people seeing the play are there because of Daniel's celebrity status, and the fact that he is appearing alongside his real-life wife has proved an added attraction. A lot has been riding on his performance.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

cassandra wrote:I agree with SG. I haven't come across many tweets singling out for praise the individual performances of Rachel and Rafe. However, there have been a good number of tweets commending the whole cast. I am pleased that Daniel has received many positive comments on his performance. Many people seeing the play are there because of Daniel's celebrity status, and the fact that he is appearing alongside his real-life wife has proved an added attraction. A lot has been riding on his performance.
Yep, he's the one bearing the brunt of it all, along with Mike Nichols.
A lot of folks have turned out and paid a lot of dosh to see this and in particularly him, so the pressure is obviously on.
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Corellianjedi2 wrote:Hey guys. I'm still alive. Just been extremely busy with work and life. I have no $ to see the play so not sure when/if ill get to go. And after CC helped my friend and I get a couple autographs before the show started, we promised him we wouldn't "be there every night" so I have yet to go near the stage door.

It is expensive now unfortunately.
I read somewhere that there is no student rush, is that right?
It would be a real shame if you can't take the opportunity to see it.
I really hope you can.
Btw Elisa, what's the low down on the play in theatre land, you must of
heard stuff on the grapevine about how the play is going etc?
Not many (if any) of my theatre people have seen it at all. They mostly rely on comp or reduced priced tickets as well and I highly doubt any will become available. One friend went last weekend and said if was a good production. I think she felt bad I didn't go because she didn't say more. Or she didn't like it and didn't tell me...hmm... Haha.