Betrayal - Bye, Bye...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Stephanie Cook ‏@steph__cook 6h
Daniel Craig aka James Bond signing autographs after #betrayal - such an amazing actor and man! #danielcraig pic.twitter.com/iU75kcLPdE

Rebecca Spence ‏@bespence 3m
Still reeling from Rachel Weisz's performance in Betrayal. Oh, and Daniel Craig wasn't too shabby himself. Bravo.

Anne Margaret Daniel ‏@venetianblonde 54m
Paused tonight for Pinter at the Ethel Barrymore. Daniel Craig & Rachel Weisz grand; Rafe Spall excellent.

Angela Gyetvan ‏@notgyet13 1m
Betrayal at the Barrymore. Rafe Spall rocked it. The other two were good, too.

Kate Erbland ‏@katerbland 6h
Sure, BETRAYAL is a three-hander, but Rafe Spall steals the goddamn show from Rachel Weisz and Daniel Craig.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Interesting to see, how different people view this play and the performances. I think, its maybe a plus, that Rafe is so good, because its ups all the performances and the play as a whole. Daniel and Rachel are forced to be their best and he wouldn't be Daniel, if he had looked out for a lesser actor to shine himself. Like this, he has to bring out all his power to be even or better. Rafe has the surprise bonus a bit, because he was an unknown quality for most, whereas Daniel and Rachel are considered good actors already. So now its - wow, this Rafe is a good actor :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Robert Burr ‏@HK_Rob 1h
Brilliant version of Pinters Betrayal in New York last night @DanielcraigOO7 @rachelweiszorig @rafespall Thank you thank you
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Rose Adolph ‏@LimitedThorns 6m

Meet and Greet tomorrow. It's all go. Exciting mind. #Betrayal #Pinter
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Thanks everyone so much for posting, and thanks for the review, Pamela. In the shows I saw, Daniel and Rachel....umm...Emma and Robert - lol - only had one standup heavy makeout session. There was no pushing onto the bed and no Daniel hands trying to get down Rachel's pants. YIPPEEEE!!!! I hope they leave that part in. It would have been much less 'lackluster' haha.. I go again next Saturday to the evening show but will be with a friend (not seeing the show), so I will likely not be at the stage door on Saturday afternoon. I wouldn't mind except that it's going to get colder and colder. Cold to stand out there and it's so much nicer to get photos of Daniel with as few clothes on as possible.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Michel P Arnaud ‏@michelparnaud 17 Oct

.@michelparnaud saw #Betrayal with #Daniel Craig, #Rachel Weisz and #Rafe Spall, great cast very powerful play by #Harold Pinter, must see

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:Thanks everyone so much for posting, and thanks for the review, Pamela. In the shows I saw, Daniel and Rachel....umm...Emma and Robert - lol - only had one standup heavy makeout session. There was no pushing onto the bed and no Daniel hands trying to get down Rachel's pants. YIPPEEEE!!!! I hope they leave that part in. It would have been much less 'lackluster' haha.. I go again next Saturday to the evening show but will be with a friend (not seeing the show), so I will likely not be at the stage door on Saturday afternoon. I wouldn't mind except that it's going to get colder and colder. Cold to stand out there and it's so much nicer to get photos of Daniel with as few clothes on as possible.
That's why you should do the stagedoor this saturday :wink: The later it gets, the more he will be wrapped up. :(

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Deborah ‏@D2Zen 2h
Sunday high point: Beloved's rave review of Betrayal, lauding Craig, Weisz, Spall performances, Nichols' direction & Ian MacNeil's sets!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses.cfm

The grosses are up again and with 117 % its the second after Book of Mormon.

So - in those three weeks, it got up consantly. This week with 138.000,--

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Murray Weiss ‏@weiss_murray 46m
Superb Broadway eve. 'Betrayal" with Daniel Craig and wife Rachael Wiesz followed by Joe Allen meal. Next: 'Janis' and 'Glass Menagerie.'
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Anne Margaret Daniel ‏@venetianblonde 45m
@Mariankennedy00 Thanks for reading. I so agree. If left to his own devices Daniel Craig would be entirely master of those pauses. #Pinter

Her review is in the stage work thread
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Broadway Cares fundraising starts Friday.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Corellianjedi2 wrote:Broadway Cares fundraising starts Friday.
What does that mean? I don't think he's wearing a t-shirt. What could be auction off?? And it would be embarrassing for Rachel and Rafe bc Daniel would get all the attention.
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

It varies production to production. It would be a nice excuse not to stage door though. Maybe they'll do backstage meet and greets again. Or just signed posters/playbills, etc. Who knows.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I tought about that some time ago. Will be interesting to see.