Betrayal - Bye, Bye...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Jack Kyser ‏@JackKyser 14m

I was thrilled to see Betrayal on Broadway last night with @EdenAGallagher. Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz and Mike Nichols = great theatre.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

IMHO, it's a tough play's to pull off. It has the possibility to be incredibly dull. Which is why it's not done often.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think, this is why some love it and others don't. But its a famous play, so it must have something.

Will you be at the opening?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Totally struck out at the stage door. Too close again. He was fast. Funny thing is that through a gap in the stage door, you could see Rafe and Daniel sitting on some steps back into the tunnel. All dressed to head outside (scarves on) and just waiting to be given their cue to go outside. CC went in and they emerged afterward. Daniel signed my Playbook, then with my eyes and camera affixed on Daniel, this voice appeared out if nowhere in front of me. It was Rafe asking if I wanted him to sign his program. I put my camera down and said, "Of course. While signing I hold him that he is outstanding and will be huge here. He raised his eyebrows, sort of opened his mouth, took a breath in responding as if he hoped so. Rachel didn't come out. I got a very short video at the end with him waving to people and heading back in.

The car that's assigned to him is a RR Autobiography. SOOO expensive.

I see the show tonight.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

OMG. What a difference. What a show. It was absolutely superb. A lot of things changed from the first two I saw. More personal, characters were not like characters. Daniel was PERFECT. Totally nailed every line so naturally. So perfect. I'd be shocked if they don't all get rave reviews and if the play doesn't get the same. Everyone around me felt the same. There's wasn't a standing ovation in the first several rows, but I'm not sure behind. It really didn't matter though as the crowd was really loud and HUGE applause. Daniel was obviously really, really pleased. Huge smile.

The curtain closed. All four characters came out to resounding applause. The waiter left. Rafe stepped forward alone. Then Daniel. Then Rachel, who was between them. The audience was wildly enthusiastic. I love this play now. I could no longer say that Rafe was better. Daniel was an A+ actor tonight. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Oh one thing, fortunately... Daniel has a pump bottle of hand sanitizer in the RR cupholder. I'm sure he sanitizes his hands as soon as he gets in the car. He should anyway after touching people's programs, etc.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Sf, I was delighted to read your account of last night's performance and pleased that you enjoyed it so much. I hope the cast can keep up this excellent work for the rest of the play's run.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes! So happy to read this. I knew we could have faith, that he can pull it off. I trust your judgement and now we can only hope, the critics will be fair.
Agree about the sanitizer. First thing, when i come home is to wash my hands. He cannot afford to catch anything.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sounds great sf. Glad you had a good time. :D

Natasha R ‏@Tash_5 8h
I went to the #BroadwayShow #Betrayal It was amazing here is a picture of #DanielCraig pic.twitter.com/8e2OpdmKT6

Faye Thomas ‏@FayeThomasPhoto 6h
Enjoyed #Betrayal ..Daniel Craig was particularly poignant as Robert.. Beautifully subtle & understated performance, all the more cutting.

breffni walsh ‏@brandsarebest 6h
Only one star on stage in #Betrayal at The Barrymore NYC today - no, not Daniel Craig nor Rachel Weisz - Rafe Spall
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks, sounds good. Some dont get the subtle, but thats ok. :wink:

Have you caught the pic from the first tweet ?

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Thanks, sounds good. Some dont get the subtle, but thats ok. :wink:

Have you caught the pic from the first tweet ?
Yep, just about to post it and some others... :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

BTW - didn't Broadway cares start on Friday? That's what Elisa said. But obviously nothing in their show - yet. Maybe they wait till after the opening.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:Totally struck out at the stage door. Too close again. He was fast. Funny thing is that through a gap in the stage door, you could see Rafe and Daniel sitting on some steps back into the tunnel. All dressed to head outside (scarves on) and just waiting to be given their cue to go outside. CC went in and they emerged afterward. Daniel signed my Playbook, then with my eyes and camera affixed on Daniel, this voice appeared out if nowhere in front of me. It was Rafe asking if I wanted him to sign his program. I put my camera down and said, "Of course. While signing I hold him that he is outstanding and will be huge here. He raised his eyebrows, sort of opened his mouth, took a breath in responding as if he hoped so. Rachel didn't come out. I got a very short video at the end with him waving to people and heading back in.

The car that's assigned to him is a RR Autobiography. SOOO expensive.

I see the show tonight.
Too bad, Rafe interupted the short moment you had only anyway. If all of a person is focused on someone else, they shouldn't disturb. I think, I would have been a lot less polite. :twisted:

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Germangirl wrote:Thanks :D

BTW - didn't Broadway cares start on Friday? That's what Elisa said. But obviously nothing in their show - yet. Maybe they wait till after the opening.
A show doesn't do it til after it opens. :)
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Corellianjedi2 wrote:

Are you going at all?
Opening night tonight.....I wonder what celebs will
be in attendance.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Corellianjedi2 wrote:

Thanks for confirming. Do you go?