News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I guess we can mentally transplant Daniel's head onto Damon's.

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

This looks like a good film to go to the cinema and see, shame he turned it down.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

cheryl1700 wrote:This looks like a good film to go to the cinema and see, shame he turned it down.
the trailer was not good......

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:
cheryl1700 wrote:This looks like a good film to go to the cinema and see, shame he turned it down.
I also believe, it MIGHT not be all THAT great.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Germangirl wrote:
Dunda wrote:
I also believe, it MIGHT not be all THAT great.
The book was wonderful, it was amazing what these men did.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

It was on the radio here yesterday that priceless looted works of art have been found in a flat in Munich. Apparently they were hidden, the flat belonged to the son of a big shot Nazi art dealer. I was stunned to think these works are still being found today.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Among those work of art are a few Chagall painting, Picasso, Spitzweg, Renoirs.....name the artist this guy had it.

Some of them were lost, some completely unknown. They are worth more than a billion euros.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Crazy!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

CockHargreaves wrote:It was on the radio here yesterday that priceless looted works of art have been found in a flat in Munich. Apparently they were hidden, the flat belonged to the son of a big shot Nazi art dealer. I was stunned to think these works are still being found today.
^ Quite the list, Elaine. He has to feel to good to have proved them wrong. Babs has to feel equally as good. I heard on the radio that Michael and Barbara are bring honored in January by - I wish I remembered - the Producers Guild - or something like that.

Regarding the artwork, in the documentary "The Rape of Europa," about the pilfering of art by Hitler, it said that there are thousands of stolen pieces thought to be in private hands. It's expected that they will reappear as time passes and subsequent generations have no use for them, don't know what they have on their hands, or try to sell them.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think it was 14th por 17th. Its posted here somewhere. I expect him to be there.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

There was a fundraiser for Barnardos last night. It looks as though someone with a lot of dosh coughed up £36000 for a 3 day trip tp NYC and to meet Daniel, probably taking in the play as well although I don't know for sure.

£36K thats over $57k.... :shock:

Alexis O'Sullivan ‏@alexisosullivan 11h
Watching them bid is an experience too, £36,000 for three nights in New York meeting Daniel Craig and £28,000 to have personalised whiskey💰💷

http://www.thefirecrackerball.co.uk/Homeold.aspx
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:There was a fundraiser for Barnardos last night. It looks as though someone with a lot of dosh coughed up £36000 for a 3 day trip tp NYC and to meet Daniel, probably taking in the play as well although I don't know for sure.

Watching them bid is an experience too, £36,000 for three nights in New York meeting Daniel Craig and £28,000 to have personalised whiskey💰💷

£32k here...

Ahmed Ali-Khan ‏@durhamaesthetic 4m
Meeting Daniel Craig in New York went for £32000. # Firecrackerball 2013.
Alina

Post by Alina »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:There was a fundraiser for Barnardos last night. It looks as though someone with a lot of dosh coughed up £36000 for a 3 day trip tp NYC and to meet Daniel, probably taking in the play as well although I don't know for sure.

£32k here...

Ahmed Ali-Khan ‏@durhamaesthetic 4m
Meeting Daniel Craig in New York went for £32000. # Firecrackerball 2013.
Jeez, why wasn't I born an oil heiress? I'd easily have won the auction then.... :(
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Ain't that the truth Alina? :roll: :roll: Maybe money CAN buy you love or, at least some form of it.... I shouldn't be too resentful. Knowing that my love for him is genuine should be enough despite my inability to "buy" his attention... :)

...and I'm sure it was for a good cause...
Alina

Post by Alina »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:Ain't that the truth Alina? :roll: :roll: Maybe money CAN buy you love or, at least some form of it.... I shouldn't be too resentful. Knowing that my love for him is genuine should be enough despite my inability to "buy" his attention... :)

...and I'm sure it was for a good cause...
Wow, so serious, should I feel "told off" now? I'll go an stand in the corner :oops:
:)

I love him and feel envious of all those who have the luck to meet him, speak to him and spend time with him as I know I'm not likely to ever experience that.
I'm not an oil heiress, so don't worry SDK, I'll never have the chance to "buy his attention" :wink: However, if I were, I'd probably go for it, no matter how much others would roll eyes at me :)
And then I would cherish my memories of every single moment for the rest of my life.