Betrayal - pics and vids

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:Gosh, have you been lucky. So gorgeous. Good you did it last night. Any more details, please, as far as your own experience with him goes.
Not much to say really. Rafe left the theater in a rush, Daniel came out and did not sign anything at all.

He looked and acted very, very relaxed and happy. Rachel didn't come out and Grip told us she didn't come out the other days either and Rafe always leaves in a hurry. The StageDoor crowd is just waiting for Daniel, that's for sure.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

He thanked evrybody for coming, asked the typical question 'How are you doing' and when somebody said his name was Daniel he answered 'I'm Daniel as well' :lol: :lol:
We didn't understand what he said to the people on the other side, though.

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Tarrington Books @tarringtonbooks
Finally on Broadway. Our Penguin books on stage with Daniel Craig & Rachel Weisz in H. Pinter's production BETRAYAL. cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/upl…

Alina

Post by Alina »

Dunda, I really envy you, what I'd give to see Daniel on stage.... To be honest I counted on a more detailed report ;)
But thanks for the pics and the vid - lovely. I wonder why Daniel didn't sign anytning that night. But he was sweet and looked really pleased with all the cheers and the small gift he got from someone. I wonder what it was :)
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Alina wrote:Dunda, I really envy you, what I'd give to see Daniel on stage.... To be honest I counted on a more detailed report ;)
We haven't seen on stage yet. We have tickets for Thursday and we just went to the stage door yesterday evening after we arrived in NYC.

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

He does look like he's having a whale of a time. Good man :)
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:What's he saying? Why no signing? Did you see Rachel? :lol: Still, great little vid. Thanks FSG and your calm hands.
maybe they are only signing playbills for BCEFA.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

tbossmc2000 wrote:Look closely, that is the jacket he wore in Skyfall. I love it, the leater along the inner collar gave it away.
He looks so good. I am loving all the hair.
Yeah, what i was thinking, too. So he gets to keep some of the stuff. I wonder how long the hair is gonna be.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Thanks so much for the pics! My friend and I saw the matinee today. It was great. The play has some changes from opening night, presumably responding to the NYT review. He makes out with RW on the sofa (mouth wide open like in Tboss's avi), but hats it. No longer is he unzipping her pants and trying to take them off. Too, Rachel lets out a fraction of the scream she gave earlier when she was surprised by Rafe's presence in her bedroom (their first encounter.)

There was a whole new security team. Not one person had been there earlier before opening night, and the cars were different. I had planned to move to the front when the barricade moved, but the barricade didn't move. A big, black, surly bodyguard kept everyone in their place behind the barricades and off the streets. Daniel signed, but it was quite short. He came out first. Then Rafe. No RW. She must be going out the back. I got No pics, but my frie d got a few that are poor quality from zooming her iPhone lens. He cast got a standing ovation, which was wonderful. Rafe and Rachel got the loudest cheers when they stepped forward individually. But Daniel was great. I love his long hair. We both got here Thursday night and leave tomorrow afternoon. It's been a blast.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Thanks for the latest report sf. Glad you had a blast! Do Daniel, Rachel and Rafe seem quite comfortable now in the play?
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

mad hair... :wink:

tampa

Post by tampa »

sf2la wrote:Thanks so much for the pics! My friend and I saw the matinee today. It was great. The play has some changes from opening night, presumably responding to the NYT review. He makes out with RW on the sofa (mouth wide open like in Tboss's avi), but hats it. No longer is he unzipping her pants and trying to take them off. Too, Rachel lets out a fraction of the scream she gave earlier when she was surprised by Rafe's presence in her bedroom (their first encounter.)

There was a whole new security team. Not one person had been there earlier before opening night, and the cars were different. I had planned to move to the front when the barricade moved, but the barricade didn't move. A big, black, surly bodyguard kept everyone in their place behind the barricades and off the streets. Daniel signed, but it was quite short. He came out first. Then Rafe. No RW. She must be going out the back. I got No pics, but my frie d got a few that are poor quality from zooming her iPhone lens. He cast got a standing ovation, which was wonderful. Rafe and Rachel got the loudest cheers when they stepped forward individually. But Daniel was great. I love his long hair. We both got here Thursday night and leave tomorrow afternoon. It's been a blast.
As usual, SF is being honest. I can't help but wonder how DC feels every show when an audience that came primarily to see him cheers instead for his co-stars. I've been on record from the beginning as being very unhappy with him taking a bad role in a very pretentious play. He won't read press about himself, including obviously the negative reviews in most of the major newspapers and mags, but he can't ignore the applause every show that is going to RW and in particular, to Rafe for the far better, and sexier role he should have taken, particularly now that Nichols felt compelled to insert a sex scene between him and RW after DC's disappointing reviews and no doubt the audience's anger at not getting what they thought they were paying for - DC in a strong lead role which is obviously not what they got.

I hope his lack of cheers result in a swift kick in the rear to get him back into doing a role that is worthy of his talent, instead of letting himself be used to sell out a bad choice of a play and role. And he has the added fun of having to smile and sign autographs after every show while Rafe and RW don't bother - they just get the loud applause, the likely Tony noms and big career boost. Nichols and Rudin certainly read the reviews and have tried to juice up his role but it hardly seems to matter.

I read where posters think he's happy. Well, I hope he's deaf then, because I can't imagine an actor with a healthy ego, enjoying his co-stars getting the louder cheers and applause, knowing he's the one whose putting the bums in the seats. :(
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

tampa wrote:
As usual, SF is being honest. I can't help but wonder how DC feels every show when an audience that came primarily to see him cheers instead for his co-stars. I've been on record from the beginning as being very unhappy with him taking a bad role in a very pretentious play. He won't read press about himself, including obviously the negative reviews in most of the major newspapers and mags, but he can't ignore the applause every show that is going to RW and in particular, to Rafe for the far better, and sexier role he should have taken, particularly now that Nichols felt compelled to insert a sex scene between him and RW after DC's disappointing reviews and no doubt the audience's anger at not getting what they thought they were paying for - DC in a strong lead role which is obviously not what they got.

I hope his lack of cheers result in a swift kick in the rear to get him back into doing a role that is worthy of his talent, instead of letting himself be used to sell out a bad choice of a play and role. And he has the added fun of having to smile and sign autographs after every show while Rafe and RW don't bother - they just get the loud applause, the likely Tony noms and big career boost. Nichols and Rudin certainly read the reviews and have tried to juice up his role but it hardly seems to matter.

I read where posters think he's happy. Well, I hope he's deaf then, because I can't imagine an actor with a healthy ego, enjoying his co-stars getting the louder cheers and applause, knowing he's the one whose putting the bums in the seats. :(

My two on this are:
There are points here, that seem to ignore all the tweets about RW not being all that great. I was starting to worry, she really isn't good, so I am pleased, that is not the case - all the time. We should not forget, that audiences and performances differ every day. What sf saw can be different the next show. There is no reason to assume, they are always getting the louder cheers and getting a standing ovation shows, the audiences liked very much what they saw, which is the most important part and what they set out to do. Its pretty much a “form of the day” thing IMO and that differs for all of them every day. I am sure, he is happy for his wife to get more applause once in a while, which - going by the tweets - might not be the case all the time. Do not forget - he is not competetive, as he said himself. We are, he is not, which makes it so easy and pleasant for everybody to work with him. Do we really want him to change into a careerdriven animal?

He hasn't got many bad reviews (just few) as you suggest. Just not true. Most of his reviews were very good and some didn't even mention Rafe. I think, Daniel and Rafe are on par, with Rachel by and large the weakest of the three.
Where did you get the info, they were juicing up is role? All they did was cutting down on the sexy again after putting it in.

How can you look at the vids and suggest, he is faking his good mood? First of all, we KNOW, he never does that. Also, IF you are faking, it would still show in your face, when its not true and he certainly does LOOK very relaxed and happy, as those, who just saw him, said. Why do you ignore that, which is as "first hand" as sf's report.

We all want the best of careers for him, but its obvious - at least to me - that he is not worried at all. Otherwise he would have milked the publicity cow at the opening etc. to the limit to be in the news again. He just is not and I say, his ego is still rather underdevelopped as it always was. He is - at least now - in it for the fun. What counts for him is the fun factor he can have with something, not where it might lead to. Like it or not, that's how I clearly see it. I can always be wrong, of course. Just my two here and not trying to jump on your opinion. Your good right, I just don't share it. IMO your opinion is based on a collection of negatives, that totally ignore all the good, we have read. I am sure, they knew, what they got themselves into with hiring Rafe. A great actor, who was likely to make an impression, which shows me, that they wanted a good play first and foremost and not just a star vehicle for DC. I don't feel, he is coming off short at all. They all had their good and lesser reviews and it was Mike, who got the main critics about his direction, which some just don't feel. But they wanted something different and went for it. :D

But yes, seeing him in a juicy lead role is, what we all want, I am sure. Might not happen, but we can dream. Thing is, what we often forget, when we judge his choices is, that he might think very differently to us. What is important to us, might not be for him – that much..IMO his lifes happiness doesn’t depend on a big career anymore but on being just as happy as he can be, with or without whatever.