Casting news-rumors

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Germangirl wrote:In the professionals?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/prof ... um=twitter

Supposed to start end of the year, but I am sure, if they want him, they can shoot around him until he is finished with B.
Oh, crap. I hope this isn't true. I want to see him do something that will demonstrate his acting skills, not just have him leaping about and shooting people. :roll:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

My impression is, that he wouldn't want that either. On the other hand, this would be another franchise and he has tried quite a lot to no avail. But by the time Bond is over, being in another one, would be good.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Link doesn't work for me, but I can see him fitting in quite nicely as a Professional, especially if someone like Vaughan directs it!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

:dunno: It was a great TV series....

They tried to turn some of the great TV shows into big movies and mostly they failed: A-Team, The Sweeny, Miami Vice, Starsky & Hutch to name a few.

I think it's mostly some kind of nostalgia which makes us think it would make a great movie. Those TV shows were great back then, but if you somehow want to make them work as a movie in the present they loose a lot of their attraction and appeal.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote::dunno: It was a great TV series....

They tried to turn some of the great TV shows into big movies and mostly they failed: A-Team, The Sweeny, Miami Vice, Starsky & Hutch to name a few.

I think it's mostly some kind of nostalgia which makes us think it would make a great movie. Those TV shows were great back then, but if you somehow want to make them work as a movie in the present they loose a lot of their attraction and appeal.
Yes, its a dangerous train to jump on. On the other hand, everything Marvel produces is old time stuff...in the end - if its well done,it doesn't matter if its recycled or new. But i saw A-Team and itr was bad. Couldn't watch all of it. Like C&A, they somehow lost it.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Comic adaptionsare in another another movie universe :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comics now and back have not changed that much, so the danger to screw up a new adaption is not that big like if you are going to "remake" a dedective/crime series which carries a "distinctive smell" from the time period they appeared first.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

True, its a period piece, that people might not be interested in seeing. The whole Marvel universe is lost on me, too.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Neither news nor rumor, but something nice for him IMO

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/paul-gr ... ore-546608

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Woohoo - could that be, what we waited for?

Daniel Craig, who is in negotiations to star as a lawyer in courtroom drama The Whole Truth, which will be filmed in Boston. Courtney Hunt will direct.
Ms Hunt garnered an Oscar nomination for the original screenplay she wrote for the film Frozen River, which starred Melissa Leo (who also got an Academy award nomination) five years ago.
The Whole Truth is being produced by Richard Suckle, one of the merry band of producers behind David O. Russell’s delicious American Hustle movie, which has ten Oscar nominations and a brace of Bafta citations.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z2qdQJELqR

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Baz Bamigboye is that guy who's pretty accurate in his assumptions, right?

That would be something to look forward to! :D

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I am easily convinced. It sounds true to me! Courtroom drama though - sounds boring. Lol. Hopefully just a little bit of it would be in a courtroom.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sf2la wrote:Courtroom drama though - sounds boring. Lol. Hopefully just a little bit of it would be in a courtroom.
:lol: :lol:

There are some great Courtroom dramas around

12 Angry Men (for me on of the best movies ever!), And Justic for All, To Kill a Mokingbird, In the name of the Father, Anatomy of a Murder, Judgement of Nuremberg, Philadephia, The Accused.....just to name a few :wink:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I believe, its true, too and I LOVE courtrooms dramas, when they are done right, they are super suspenseful and exciting. So she wrote and directed a film, that won
- the Sundance Film Festival
- an Oscar nod for best script
- an Indie Spirit Award
- a Satellite Award
- a Gotham Award from the NY Film Critics for best first film
as well as opther prices on other festivals.

Here something about her:

http://www.timeout.com/london/film/dire ... en-river-1
She is a trained lawyer. That helps in a courtroom drama :lol:

http://nymag.com/movies/profiles/45293/index1.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ--uR2_y6o

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

There were those here, who wanted him to go Indie. I think, this is as far as he will do that. Courtroom films are always sorta intimate pictures and the director isn't used to big budgets. I think, this is the sort of film, that CAN become sleeper hits. MAYBE, but they could also just go into nowhere. At least, there should be some great acting opportunities for him in that.

But IF he does it, its him taking another risk with a one time director, who hasn't worked really in 5 years. I wonder, why she dropped out of it more or less after her huge success. She seems like the kind of woman, Daniel respects and has traitss in common with.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Being a courtroom drama, it shouldn't take too long to shoot.