Casting news-rumors

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Being a courtroom drama, it shouldn't take too long to shoot.
Right - a little something to squeeze into the gap. :wink: And NOT physically exhausting like Bond.
AND its close to home. :wink:

A film like this might be fuinished at the end of the year for us to see.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

About Richard Suckle. Coming off a hit film should add some interest.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/america ... ey-cooper/
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Oh, yippee!!!! :happyrunning: :happyrunning: :happyrunning:

We'll get to see him in something before Bond! And if he's interested I bet it's a great script. That's just made my day! :D
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

I'm so glad he's finally settled on a new project and I'm even more glad it isn't a studio film. The only problem though is I hoped he picked a more auter-driven film (someone like David O'Russell/Martin Scorcese etc) mainly because they are more geared towards Oscars.

This indie film does not seem like the sort of thing that will register come Oscar season but I'm glad he's decided on something smaller and more intimate. Since CR in 2006 he's only done commercial fare.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yeah, a film like this can turn out to be everythinng or nothing. He deserves some luck with his non Bond films though. Who knows, why he picked this after turning down another high profile film like MM.

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Saying he's going to make a "courtroom drama" is almost like saying he's going to make a "love film", that's a whole genre right there. It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds and who he'll co-star with, thanks for the news!
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Wish he shot it when I was in Boston! :twisted:
Alina

Post by Alina »

Let's hope he will sign the contract. I'm looking forward to hearing the good news. :)
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Like CH, I am now doing this.....

:happyrunning: :happyrunning: :happyrunning: :happyrunning:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

But I have a million questions....

Is it true?

When does filming start?

What's it about?

Because Daniel is in it, I KNOW it will be good. Pray that those who are impressed by him as Bond will see this too... :D :D
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:Like CH, I am now doing this.....

:happyrunning: :happyrunning: :happyrunning: :happyrunning:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

But I have a million questions....

Is it true?

When does filming start?

What's it about?

Because Daniel is in it, I KNOW it will be good. Pray that those who are impressed by him as Bond will see this too... :D :D
Calm down SDK, we don't know any details yet or whether he's signed on the dotted line. :lol:
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Sorry........... :oops: .......... but I am so GAGGING to see him act in another movie. I have prepared myself for another dry spell but if there is any possible way to avoid it, then I will be very happy... :wink: :lol:
caramel

Post by caramel »

Germangirl wrote:There were those here, who wanted him to go Indie. I think, this is as far as he will do that. Courtroom films are always sorta intimate pictures and the director isn't used to big budgets. I think, this is the sort of film, that CAN become sleeper hits. MAYBE, but they could also just go into nowhere. At least, there should be some great acting opportunities for him in that.
Me, me!!

I love that he chose something to do before boring Bond takes over the whole year!! :D
And it is courtroom drama - I love courtroom dramas...
Can't wait to hear more about the rest of the casting, schedule and other wonderful stuff!

Bring it on, Daniel!! :cheer:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yeah, I know, you are among them. Mind you, I am all for it, as I also love courtroom drama. And its something to act ypur socks off, if the dialogue and story are right.

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

This could be good, really good. He could be a lawyer for the defendant. Could be guilty or could be innocent. Daniel has the passion to defend.
There could be a female Prosecutor seduces to get info, they have sex, he can be a solace person that works all the time and has no personal life.
There could be so many story lines. Could be a lawyer for a big corporation and does a white collar crime case.
My gods, there are endless story lines.
I like it.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I'll take anything. And good grief, if Bond doesn't start filming until October and didn't make a film until then (and after walking from MM), it sure would look like be decided to make his film career nothing but Bond. Another reason why I think this has to be true.

I googled the flight time for a private jet going from Teterboro to Boston and it's about 35 minutes. He could fly home during lunch for a quickie! SF, GET YOUR MIND OUT IF THE GUTTER!!!

I'm expecting the worst (boring courtroom scenes, Daniel never out of a suit, and per Daniel's terms -no sex scenes and no shirt off), so whatever happens, I'll be happy!!