Rachel Weisz film news

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Alina

Post by Alina »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
CockHargreaves wrote:I agree that his voice is quite posh. He has cultivated a well-spoken voice, although he can do other accents as required. It was noticeably "posh" in Skyfall, in particular. It's part of the appeal, for me. His voice is very attractive.
I love the rich tone to his voice. His accent is well spoken but not posh at all
in my opinion. :wink:
More posh in Skyfall but that's acting.
It sounds posh to me and combined with his beautiful voice it's perfect.
Acting or no acting - he DOES sound posh. Full stop. I hope you don't mind. ;)
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

To clarify - he's not plummy posh - no Prince Charles voice here, thank goodness. He's not okay-yah, Tim Nicebutdim posh. But compared with some of the folks I hear on a daily basis in my area, he's very well spoken. :lol:
Alina

Post by Alina »

CockHargreaves wrote:To clarify - he's not plummy posh - no Prince Charles voice here, thank goodness. He's not okay-yah, Tim Nicebutdim posh. But compared with some of the folks I hear on a daily basis in my area, he's very well spoken. :lol:
Yes. And not John Mayor posh either. Still, very elegant in speech in terms of accent and tone. Not always the content :)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

To me as a German, he sounds very neutral comnpared to many others. Only rasrely do I notice some sort of accent. To me, he is rather accent free but in a natural way. Very good to understnd.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:To me as a German, he sounds very neutral comnpared to many others. Only rasrely do I notice some sort of accent. To me, he is rather accent free but in a natural way. Very good to understnd.
No one is accent free, imho. Call it whatever you want - accent or no accent, you can call it "the way he speaks", but I think he does sound very smooth and elegant.
PS The so called "Received Pronunciation" or "BBC English" is also an accent, a standard British one, as opposed to dialects and regional accents.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, I guess so :D Just I don't hear a real accent anymore from him. Very nice for foreign ears.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:Yes, I guess so :D Just I don't hear a real accent anymore from him. Very nice for foreign ears.
But when he speaks you can clearly tell he's British, can't you? Without the slightest shadow of doubt. It's an accent. :)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, there is, of course, a big difference between British and American english.

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

Germangirl wrote:Yes, there is, of course, a big difference between British and American english.
...yes, yes, yes.
I like to agree, I love the British English!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

However that all may be. I like, that he doesn't sound too british in the vain of too posh. He has developped a nice mix.

Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:However that all may be. I like, that he doesn't sound too british in the vain of too posh. He has developped a nice mix.
To me he sounds very British. It's not textbook RP, but definitely British with a touch of Liverpoolian at times. Anyway, to me British simply always sounds more posh than American.
And I don't like it when he tries to do Americn accent in movies. I love listening to him when he speaks with his own accent.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

You are right that british english will always sound more posh then any american accent, one can have.

Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:You are right that british english will always sound more posh then any american accent, one can have.
Yes, I'm not talking about some cockney or other dialects, but a fairly standard British accent. It will sound more posh than American one even if it's not 100% BBC accent.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I just remember when he says "Did I over-complicate the plot?" in Skyfall. His voice sounds so plummy and almost over the top posh... it makes me laugh every time I hear it, or smile at least... :lol:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Hmmm I don't know how accurate this Spanish article is. It refers to the Deadline site but that certainly didn't have this info.
Translated

Daniel Craig to star in 'The Whole Truth', a courtroom drama that will direct Courtney Hunt

Fans of Daniel Craig are in luck. The British actor will star in 'The Whole Truth', a courtroom drama that will be Courtney Hunt ("Frozen River").

The film, which has been commissioned g Uion Nicholas Kazan ('Matilda'), there are still few details known, but Craig will play a Boston lawyer who will fight for victory in a trial where defend the rights of immigrants , according to the website Deadline.

The shooting of the film will begin next April and its release is planned for 2015, but for the moment the exact date is unknown.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... 6bih%3D653