Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I'm afraid that I am with GG with regards to Naomie Harris.... there was just something not quite right about her as Moneypenny in my view. In fact, she was one of the reasons why I did NOT watch Skyfall last night. After Daniel has hidden his magnificent body from view, I can quite happily walk out of the room during the shaving scene...

For Bond villains, I still say Mark Strong or Tom Hiddleston would be great. TH has probably had his fill of playing bad guys after Loki but he is deliciously witty and camp in his 'evilness' in keeping with the Bond tradition. 8)
Alina

Post by Alina »

CockHargreaves wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Some yeah, others meh :lol:
What a brilliant line! Wish I'd thought of it :lol:
So this phrase is not popular in Wales? Just curious :) I thought it was quite often used in general :wink:

I don't think Travolta would be a good choice for a Bond baddie, he's a good actor, but I somehow associate him with dancing or Pulp Fiction :)
Anyway, I'm really curious who BB has in mind for the baddie in Bond 24.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

It may well be popular, Alina - I'm not that "with it", I'm afraid. I obviously need to get down wid da kidz a bit more...
If they're going in a different direction with the Bond villain, I wonder if that means it'll be a woman?
Alina

Post by Alina »

There have been quite a lot female Bond villains so far: Pussy Galore, Mayday, Fatima Blush, Elektra King, Octopussy, Rosa Klebb, Miranda Frost, Xenia Onatopp - they may have not been the MAIN villains, but still very memorable characters and very villainous, so a female Bond villain would hardly be a "different direction" :wink: But I really like the idea. It would spice things up and I'd like to see Daniel deal with a villainess very much :lol:
As far as a male villain is concerned, I don't have a candidate - Mark Strong sounds ok, but definitely NOT Hiddlestone (too wimpy, imo, I'm not fond of him at all and don't find him attractive at all) or Cumberbatch (sometimes I think that guy is about to jump out of my fridge the moment I'll open the fridge door - he's freaking EVERYWHERE now).
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Sylvia's girl wrote:John Travolta has revealed he would be interested in playing the villain in a James Bond film...........

Before anyone gets too excited, Travolta added that if he were to get a part it would be further down the line as Broccoli already has a Bond baddie in mind for Bond 24.

I wonder if she talked to the guy on her left side :lol: :wink:

http://thefilmexperience.net/blog/2014/ ... -jury.html

PURE SPECULATION!!!!

Babs and Waltz are in the jury at the Berlinade right now....

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
purple

Post by purple »

Hello ladies!

I discovered this forum looking for opinions on Betrayal and I joined because I would have liked to share my opinion about the play. Unfortunately I never managed to do that :( despite the fact that I log on regularly to check the news and the photos.

However, I recently found this very nice article (not very new but not very old either) and I thought of sharing it. I apologise if this is not the right spot.

http://www.neontommy.com/news/2013/10/r ... ino-royale
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Hi and Welcome!

I hope you enjoy the forum and I'm looking forward to your thoughts about the man and his work.

Don't be shy!

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

purple wrote:Hello ladies!

I discovered this forum looking for opinions on Betrayal and I joined because I would have liked to share my opinion about the play. Unfortunately I never managed to do that :( despite the fact that I log on regularly to check the news and the photos.
Hi purple,

could you still post your thoughts about the play? Have you read ours? Would interest us
http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... &start=135
Welcome on board from me, too.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

purple

Post by purple »

Thank you for the nice welcome!

Given the encouragements and since it is not too late, I will share my impressions about Betrayal. Especially that I have some more time these days.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

purple wrote:Thank you for the nice welcome!

Given the encouragements and since it is not too late, I will share my impressions about Betrayal. Especially that I have some more time these days.
It's never too late to talk about Mr Craig :wink:
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

purple wrote:Hello ladies!

However, I recently found this very nice article (not very new but not very old either) and I thought of sharing it. I apologise if this is not the right spot.

http://www.neontommy.com/news/2013/10/r ... ino-royale
I enjoyed the article (and revisiting the clips - how I love Bond and Vesper!), so thanks for sharing.
purple

Post by purple »

You are welcome :) I suppose that CR will always stand out no matter what because of Vesper. And unfortunately we cannot have another Vesper....Darn!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Must say - for me - Berenice was the second best Bond girl of his films - easily. What she made of her few minutes was amazing.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

purple

Post by purple »

Now that you say that, I think I agree. I have always disliked Bond girls who came out as void of brain, bed warmers or tough fighters.

What I liked about Vesper is the fact that she was very believable - smart, witty, strong, she knew her value, but at the same time she was incredibly vulnerable, trying to survive in a dangerous game. In spite all, there was smth honest about her. And the fact that she gradually and in a believable way fell for Bond.

I have to admit, the women in Bond movies who cannot wait to hop to bed with him always made me cringe (I know that Bond fans will stone me to death but in this respect I truly disliked the female characters in From Russia with love). I suppose I like to have a certain path going there... :oops:

As far as Severine character is concerned...well I suppose that in a darker sort of way she complied with my requests
Last edited by purple on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Well Connery is known to be such a chauvinist "pig" in his Bond films. He slapped them on their pfa (perfectly formed arse) and else.

I think, nobody would stone you these days, rather the other way around. Bond wouldn't survive behaving like that in our century.