THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Alina

Post by Alina »

Thanks, a very good read! It's amazing how some people like analysing things, they go into such details. Good for us, there's always something interesting to find out.
And it's always nice to see a few pics of Daniel. I loved his GWDT clothes. Vests, sweaters, shirts, coats - he looks great in everything. Not too many men can look sexy wearing sweaters or cardigans - he definitely CAN.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Blimey - I thought that would be a proper film review but it was basically a list of everything Daniel wears in the movie. What's with this obsession over every tiny detail of his clothing?! :shock:
Alina

Post by Alina »

CockHargreaves wrote:Blimey - I thought that would be a proper film review but it was basically a list of everything Daniel wears in the movie. What's with this obsession over every tiny detail of his clothing?! :shock:
Right, but on the other hand there have been lots of proper reviews of the movie. The author of this article chose to focus on the clothing, drinks and accessories - why not? I liked it. For many Daniel is a kind of a "fashion icon", so no wonder his on and off screen clothing gets analysed now and then.

And what's with our obsession over every tiny detail of his.........everything? :lol: This forum is a pretty example of that. And I love it :D
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Oh, I LOVE that article. I never gave his clothes much attention in that movie (except the Scotch and Soda jeans, the plaid flannel PJs and the black undies.)
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

IMDb has The Girl Who Played with Fire as "announced" for one of Daniel's future projects, not just "rumoured". Does that mean it will go ahead?! :jump:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I thi.k, tbey had that for some time. Unfortunately there is no recent talking about it. But i would celebrate that for sure.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

David Fincher
The director was negotiating with Sony to reteam with "The Social Network" writer Aaron Sorkin and producer Scott Rudin.

Sony Pictures is looking to replace David Fincher as director of its highly anticipated Steve Jobs movie due to his aggressive demands for compensation and control, according to several sources.David Fincher in Early Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Film for Sony (Exclusive)

Fincher is said to be seeking a hefty $10 million up front in fees, as well as control over marketing, in negotiations with the studio. Sony allowed him considerable input into the marketing of the 2011 film The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, including honoring his request to use the tagline "The feel bad movie of Christmas" in its campaign. A source says Fincher also had the studio create metal, razor-blade-shaped one-sheet materials for the film that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to produce but were not suitable for display in theaters.Sony declined to comment. Fincher's reps did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... vie-696044
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Germangirl wrote:David Fincher
The director was negotiating with Sony to reteam with "The Social Network" writer Aaron Sorkin and producer Scott Rudin.

Sony Pictures is looking to replace David Fincher as director of its highly anticipated Steve Jobs movie due to his aggressive demands for compensation and control, according to several sources.David Fincher in Early Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Film for Sony (Exclusive)

Fincher is said to be seeking a hefty $10 million up front in fees, as well as control over marketing, in negotiations with the studio. Sony allowed him considerable input into the marketing of the 2011 film The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, including honoring his request to use the tagline "The feel bad movie of Christmas" in its campaign. A source says Fincher also had the studio create metal, razor-blade-shaped one-sheet materials for the film that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to produce but were not suitable for display in theaters.Sony declined to comment. Fincher's reps did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
So basically they're saying he's a bit of a twat with more pretentions to artistry than common sense :roll:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes.

Had Tattoo cost less money, the sequel might have been made by now.
Had he been faster, they might have been able to release it well ahead of Christmas, which would have been much better.

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

CockHargreaves wrote:
Germangirl wrote:David Fincher

So basically they're saying he's a bit of a twat with more pretentions to artistry than common sense :roll:
That's a way to put it.... :lol:

But I don't get it, Sony knew exactly what he is like. It's not that all of a sudden he turned into the kind ot director he is. He has always been that way. That's why he's a you-love-him or you-hate-him guy and known as difficult to work with, because he wants total control.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Guess they hoped, it wouldn't matter in the end. But the timing was just wrong. You could see that, because it picked up after X-mas but still lost out on opening weekend. There is a difference, I suppose, betwen a brutal film like Django, which is "just" killing people and a film like Tattoo, which deals with a topic, people are not so used to see. Sure, they "dislike" killing AND raping, but rape is a somewhat different level.

Had they put this film into November slot, all would have been different, I believe. They might have done at least 250 Mill or more.

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Hmmmmmm...... :brood:

I can see why Fincher may be alienating himself with his behaviour but then, why should a director as good as him NOT demand full creative control along with the financial benefits???! :?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Haas Regen ‏@haasenpfeffer 1h
PLEASE SIGN PETITION FOR @RooneyMara and @DanielCraig_007 to star in @DragonTattoo sequel @ColumbiaStudios http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeacti ... =734622874
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

They should do it on fb - but its a beginning. Let this be spread.