Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Alina

Post by Alina »

After all this talk about a black Bond, maybe they want to please the public by giving them at least a black villain? :) Although he would be the 5th one, I think, so nothing really revolutionary ;)
I think it's a very interesting choice, he is a very good actor and has potential to be a great villain, probably not as OTT as Javier, which would be good.

And I hope for a Bond gir with a bit more screen time than Severine :)
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

purple wrote:From that article, I understand that there will be 2 castings: a new Bond girl and the Scandinavian-with-the-troubled-past-who-will-be-a-brief-love-interest.
Did it say a British girl and a Scandinavian one?
That puts paid to the Penelope Cruz rumours. It will be interesting to see what turns out to be true in the end.
purple

Post by purple »

CockHargreaves wrote:
purple wrote:From that article, I understand that there will be 2 castings: a new Bond girl and the Scandinavian-with-the-troubled-past-who-will-be-a-brief-love-interest.
That puts paid to the Penelope Cruz rumours. It will be interesting to see what turns out to be true in the end.
I did not see British but maybe I just overlooked; however the British thing reminds me of other rumours: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/10 ... 68941.html

How is she? Is she a good actress?
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

purple wrote:
CockHargreaves wrote:
I did not see British but maybe I just overlooked; however the British thing reminds me of other rumours: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/10 ... 68941.html

How is she? Is she a good actress?

She's f***ing awful! :lol:

No way in a million years would she ever stand a chance.
Last edited by Sylvia's girl on Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

Lol Helen Flanagan :lol: basically just some 'lad mad' pinup, she was awful in Corrie and has never been cast in anything else since she left beside celeb shoes.
purple

Post by purple »

I see. I didn't know her but in those pictures she seemed a bit cheap :oops: That's why I asked, pictures don't always give a good idea about somebody. That article also mentions Kate Upton. I googled her - she looks very pretty but I know nothing about her acting skills. She seems to be a model.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

I would like them to choose Katie McGrath. She played Morgana in the BBC Merlin series. She's an Irish woman, absolutely beautiful in my view (although my husband disagrees - we've already discussed his weird taste in women - he preferred her ally Morgause, played by Emilia Fox, who was of course DC's drug dealer in FOAF).
purple

Post by purple »

Wow Katie McGrath IS very beautiful! I don't think I know her as an actress so I do not have an opinion...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

There is a Rachel-ish touch in that Katie. She sure is pretty in an interesting way. I suppose they shy away from giving him a blonde Bond girl, being blond himself. A wild redheard would be great, if you ask me.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

purple

Post by purple »

Since we are in speculation land these days:

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/1 ... -Girl-Role

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00069835.html (Casting for two key female roles is also underway. They are for a new Bond girl and "a Scandinavian with a troubled past who will serve as a brief love interest for Bond." No word on who the candidates might be, but there's rumor that Swedish actresses Ida Engvoll and Disa Ostrand have tested for the movie.)
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

I was not a James Bond fan until Daniel was cast. I love the way they portray him now. I can't wait to see what they do with the next one.
purple

Post by purple »

Same here Dee Dee.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Germangirl wrote:
CockHargreaves wrote:That would be terrific!
I hope the new Bond girl isn't too BRIEF as a love interest. I don't need another Fields or the woefully under-used Severine. I want a story to get my teeth into, and a bit of romance we can believe in.
:stick_iagree:
I double :stick_iagree:

8)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

UPDATE: New details from 'The Wrap' concerning casting for Bond 24

http://www.thewrap.com/chiwetel-ejiofor ... exclusive/

The filmmakers will soon begin casting two key female roles, including a new Bond girl and a Scandinavian with a troubled past who will serve as a brief love interest for Bond.

Furthermore 'Bleeding News' have found a report that reveals that actresses Ida Engvoll And Disa Östrand Have Screen Tested For The Next James Bond Movie

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/04/ ... um=twitter
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I think it makes sense for Daniel's James Bpnd to have a blonde thrown into the mix. He may have a preference for brunettes, but it's gotten predicable. I could definitely see the producers vying for Kate Upton, but there is no shortage of gorgeous Scandanavian women, that's for sure. They just need to find one who's not too tall :wink: .