Rachel Weisz film news

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Alina

Post by Alina »

I'm very sad too, but of course I have to respect his decision. He must have had his reasons - if it's true, of course.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Don't give up on it yet, Ladies. Sometimes things work out for the better.
Maybe he had to change the boat for a tanker? There are a lot of options.

No tweets, no nothing yet. Just some repeating the Boston article. Few.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:Don't give up on it yet, Ladies. Sometimes things work out for the better.
Maybe he had to change the boat for a tanker? There are a lot of poptions.
Very well put! There are two options: 1. this is not true; 2. he has something better in the pipeline - both are good :)

There's of course a third one - he backed out due to some issues we are unaware of and his next project is Bond and nothing in between - that would be disappointing because of a long wait and it would mean not seeing him outside the Bondverse for a while.
But he has taught us to be patient, hasn't he? And I will wait patiently (sorry, I'm lying, IMpatiently actually, but nonetheless, I'll wait).
SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

Just my assumption; could it be that he will be staying in Ireland while his wife is filming over there?
I just saw this article. It seems they will be staying in Ireland for the duration of the filming: http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-n ... 65807.html
Although this article, still does say that he will start filming TWT soon.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its too old to give us any nods about now, I think.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

According to this guys tweet he's out

Mass Movie Mavens þ@mavensupdate · 1h
Ouch. Production reportedly halted on film "Whole Truth" as #DanielCraig has pulled out. Supposed to start here soon.

Mass Movie Mavens þ@mavensupdate · 1h
@murraymaker Why did he pull out?

Ken Murray þ@murraymaker · 1h
@mavensupdate No word on why but he's out.

Seems as if both are in the business and live in Boston.

So it seem to be true.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

It looks as though it could well be true. Have tweeted a few peeps involved in the production....just waiting for some feedback. :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yup, but that's not the whole truth. Here we go - sometimes its so nice to be right :mrgreen:

And I just saw, that Silver got it first. But you know, its better to post the article and black out the important bits. :wink:

Just a few hours after word got out that Daniel Craig’s movie “The Whole Truth” had stopped production in Boston, the actor was in New York City with his wife, actress Rachel Weisz, to support the Opportunity Network, an organization that helps low-income high school kids get to college. There’s still no official word why the film, which is supposed to co-star Renee Zellweger, shut down before filming started. Local movie workers told us that it was Craig who allegedly pulled out of the gig. But Ira Singer, the Town Administrator in Middleton, where director Courtney Hunt planned to film scenes, said he was told that the production was delayed because one of the stars was not under contract. “When we first set up for their schedule, it was to be next week or the end of this week,” he said, adding that production would take place in a residential area in town. If Craig isn’t in Boston this spring, he might turn up in Ireland. The Independent reports that the he and Weisz have rented a place in a Dublin suburb, not far from where she’ll will film the movie “The Lobster” with Colin Ferrell and John C. Reilly over the next few weeks. Craig was spotted at the Four Seasons in Boston on Sunday.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/na ... aign=sm_tw
Last edited by Germangirl on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

The Boston Globe is no rag mag. Maybe the female director required him to be full frontal and Rachtl said, "No". :lol: I wouldn't blame either one.

Can't say he didn't do his homework before the film, having spent time in Boston.
Last edited by sf2la on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf, look over you. Its delayed. :D

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

I hope this doesn't harm his reputation in the business. He has pulled out of 2 projects now at the last minute. I know he must have good reason, but there could surely be dangers in that - of being sued for breach of contract, even, or of getting a name for being unreliable. I really hope he's done the right thing.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

CockHargreaves wrote:I hope this doesn't harm his reputation in the business. He has pulled out of 2 projects now at the last minute. I know he must have good reason, but there could surely be dangers in that - of being sued for breach of contract, even, or of getting a name for being unreliable. I really hope he's done the right thing.
Hallooo!! Could you ladies PLEASE read two posts above. Its just delayed.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Germangirl wrote:. Here we go - sometimes its so nice to be right :mrgreen:

And I just saw, that Silver got it first. But you know, its better to post the article and black out the important bits. :wink:

Just a few hours after word got out that Daniel Craig’s movie “The Whole Truth” had stopped production in Boston, the actor was in New York City with his wife, actress Rachel Weisz, to support the Opportunity Network, an organization that helps low-income high school kids get to college. There’s still no official word why the film, which is supposed to co-star Renee Zellweger, shut down before filming started. Local movie workers told us that it was Craig who allegedly pulled out of the gig. But Ira Singer, the Town Administrator in Middleton, where director Courtney Hunt planned to film scenes, said he was told that the production was delayed because one of the stars was not under contract. “When we first set up for their schedule, it was to be next week or the end of this week,” he said, adding that production would take place in a residential area in town. If Craig isn’t in Boston this spring, he might turn up in Ireland. The Independent reports that the he and Weisz have rented a place in a Dublin suburb, not far from where she’ll will film the movie “The Lobster” with Colin Ferrell and John C. Reilly over the next few weeks. Craig was spotted at the Four Seasons in Boston on Sunday.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/na ... aign=sm_tw

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Germangirl wrote:
CockHargreaves wrote:I hope this doesn't harm his reputation in the business. He has pulled out of 2 projects now at the last minute. I know he must have good reason, but there could surely be dangers in that - of being sued for breach of contract, even, or of getting a name for being unreliable. I really hope he's done the right thing.
Hallooo!! Could you ladies PLEASE read two posts above. Its just delayed.
Ok. It was posted while I was typing my post. Fingers crossed, then.