The Dry Spell

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Alina

Post by Alina »

purple wrote:
Alina wrote:
I ADORE when he speaks with the British accent, his voice gets so gentle, sexy and deep then and I melt)
I know exactly how you feel :D Actually the two things I find most attractive about him are his voice and very shy and bitter (and a tiny bit ironic) smile which remains mainly in his eyes and rarely goes down to his lips. But it is so genuine and striking and it lights up his entire face...I don't know how to explain it...he does it a lot in SF...
Yes, it's really amazing how beautifully he can smile with his eyes and how many moods he can express without much facial movement.

Oh, and I absolutely ADORE the way he laughs in a very characteristic dorky and cute way, I often browse YT for vids in which Dan is laughing and I always can't help laughing myself :)
purple

Post by purple »

Yes I know :lol:
Alina

Post by Alina »

purple wrote:Yes I know :lol:
Yeah, I have probably said it quite a few times already :oops: :) But it IS adorable and very contagious. :)
purple

Post by purple »

No I meant I know as in I agree :D
Alina

Post by Alina »

purple wrote:No I meant I know as in I agree :D
Oh, ok :) So you should have used THIS: :stick_iagree: :lol:
Sometimes you need to speak to me in capital letters, you know :)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

You two :lol: But I love the current love affair you have with our man.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

purple

Post by purple »

Alina: I will use that cute emoticone next time :D
GG: it's amazing n'est-ce pas? We are not even jealous of each other sharing him :lol:
Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:You two :lol: But I love the current love affair you have with our man.
I love it too - despite it being only platonic I wouldn't say it's totally "chaste" - at least on my part :) Well, I have already learnt to draw as much satisfaction as possible just from watching him and talking about him. And dreaming, of course :sigh: :twisted:

I hope I don't sound like an obsessive psycho too much yet :) It's all due to the dry spell! I MISS him. The Dragon Tattoo helped a bit though, I'm sure I'll sleep very well this night ;)
Alina

Post by Alina »

purple wrote:Alina: I will use that cute emoticone next time :D
GG: it's amazing n'est-ce pas? We are not even jealous of each other sharing him :lol:
Uncanny! :)
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Whenever I start to wish for MORE of Daniel in movies - which is A LOT of the time - I remind myself that SPECIAL things, like him, are RARE. If he were in everything going, would we "get sick" of him? It's a highly unlikely scenario of course.... how can we tire of the best movie actor not just in the UK but the WORLD??! He would dismiss this of course, ever the self deprecating gentleman that he is....

I don't know how I can possibly convey how much I MISS him too... I just focus on my favourites from his back catalog and try not to think about it too much...
purple

Post by purple »

@ Alina: speaking of dreaming, as I said it on another thread, I have spent quite a lot of time with Fleming's Bond (current book: On Her Majesty Secret Service). I am totally infatuated with him (I know, I know, it is all very mature...)

Lately I have watched some of the movies I have in my collection from the 50s and the 60s, especially Hitchcock, just to get better into the atmosphere. And that only because I do not like the early Bond movies :roll:

The only thing that I find unsettling is the fact that Fleming keeps repeating he looks a bit like Hoagy Carmichael. Oh come on, Mr Fleming! Don't you understand I have to fantasise about Mr Bond? How am I suppose to fantasise about somebody who looks like Hoagy Carmichael?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxTn9w9r3MM

To me he seems waaay too feminine and totally unattractive as a man. But what a Bond girl Lauren Bacall would have made!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

So - lets see, if Wembley brings some pics for us today. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Seems he will be there unless he gave his two tix to somebody else.

Seen two tweets about it

Andy Burton ‏@imandyburton 37m
Just heard even James Bond couldn't get enough tickets! Daniel Craig wanted 6 tickets but could only have 2! #frochgroves2 @SkySportsNews

lauryn ‏@LaurynAppleby 16m
Woah Woah Woah Daniel Craig couldn't even get tickets #FrochVsGroves2

BondBabe2008

Post by BondBabe2008 »

Here's some bright news to make you guys smile after a dry spell lately.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/james ... 201305987/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yup, things start rolling :wink: