News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

calypso

Post by calypso »

ImageImage
Alina

Post by Alina »

Thanks Luna :) OMG, I can really imagine how she must have felt while filming the scenes and I admire how brave she was. Anyway, I recall she had quite good breasts back then and she was 68, so nothing really to be ashamed of :)
And I remember her saying that she didn't want to play alongside the actor who was to be cast originally, but she eagerly approved of Daniel:
Then I started to worry about who was going to play the younger man. Someone was suggested – I can’t say who – but I told them I wouldn’t agree to do it if they cast him. What the two of us had to do was so intimate, it really mattered that the man was right. When Roger asked me if I knew of an actor called Daniel Craig, I said I’d never heard of him. This was before James Bond. So Roger sent me a cassette of something Daniel had been in. Fifteen seconds into playing it, I leapt for the phone and shrieked, “Get him, for God’s sake!”’
Daniel must have made an elecrifying impression on her, not just looks-wise, but also as an actor. She knew she could trust him to do it well and with taste.
I was however quite surprised to read she had never heard of Daniel before, I thought he was quite well known on the British film market before he became Bond.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel Craig > any head of state #GERvARG RT @Brilliant_Ads: This is FIFA’s guest list for the final: pic.twitter.com/6PcvzuUYnn
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Well, we need photos!!!!!!! Hmpf!

Re: The Mother, I would live to know which film she watched for 15 mins and new. I would also like to ask her some other things :twisted:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sf2la wrote:Well, we need photos!!!!!!! Hmpf!

Re: The Mother, I would live to know which film she watched for 15 mins and new. I would also like to ask her some other things :twisted:
as far as I remember she watched Some Voices.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Dunda wrote:

Well then, elephant Brain, aka Smarty Pants, Some Voices it was. Great choice. Now I wonder which 15 mins she saw :twisted:
Last edited by sf2la on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

so was Dan really at the final game??? :shock:
lol I was so psyched when our commentator announced who is supposedly present in the audience (btw he complimented his acting btw :D )

btw Congrats to german posters btw. Im happy the team won (though Messi is my bb :wink: ).
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sf2la wrote:
Dunda wrote:

Well then, elephant Brain, aka Smarty Pants, Some Voices it was. Great choice. Now I wonder which 15 mins she saw :twisted:
I just found the interview. It's from the The Mother extras and I will upload it to mediafire as soon as possible.
About 30 seconds in she told that Roger rang her and told her that they were trying to get him. She confessed she didn't know his work and rang up a friend who fainted at the other end of the line :lol: and said "OMG he's gorgeous" Then a few friends started to ring her up and telling her that if they were getting Daniel her friends were going to come and kill her. :lol: :lol:
So she rented Some voices and after 3 minutes she was praying that a: he would be available and b: he would accept the part.

Some talk with Daniel is in this interview too :wink:

Alina

Post by Alina »

Dunda wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Dunda wrote: as far as I remember she watched Some Voices.
I just found the interview. It's from the The Mother extras and I will upload it to mediafire as soon as possible.
About 30 seconds in she told that Roger rang her and told her that they were trying to get him. She confessed she didn't know his work and rang up a friend who fainted at the other end of the line :lol: and said "OMG he's gorgeous" Then a few friends started to ring her up and telling her that if they were getting Daniel her friends were going to come and kill her. :lol: :lol:
So she rented Some voices and after 3 minutes she was praying that a: he would be available and b: he would accept the part.

Some talk with Daniel is in this interview too :wink:
You are incredible :) Please, upload the interview asap! :thumbup:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Here it is

https://sandbox.mediafire.com/?rly5tmd6s687jnv

it's a wmv file, VLC player plays it.

bubita

Post by bubita »

Thanks much Dunda, I´ve never heard of this story before glad it came up now, I´m downloading the vid :D
¡Saludos!
Alina

Post by Alina »

I've just watched it, many thanks, Dunda! Wow, Daniel with dark hair looking awesome, preparing for Sylvia, perhaps? I don't know how it happens, but every time I see him in a new to me situation, like this one, I fall in love with him over and over again :) The way he speaks, the way he looks, his body language and WHAT he says - I love discovering him like this :)

I've got The Mother DVD, but it's very basic, no extras, unfortunately. Just the movie and trailer.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »