Daniel slams plastics

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Mel-DC

Daniel slams plastics

Post by Mel-DC »

Daniel slams plastics

Daniel Craig Photo: AFP

November 2, 2007

Daniel Craig has vowed to never have plastic surgery - because he doesn't want to look "like a lesbian".

The James Bond star is determined to grow old gracefully, and thinks stars who do choose to go under the knife risk looking like "freaks" when they are
older.

He said: "You've got to get on with it. If things start to come out, or things start to drop.

"It's tricky, it really is, because no-one likes to get old and sag.

"People can improve themselves when they are younger, but when you're 60 or 70, you start looking like a freak. You end up looking like a lesbian big sister and that's not right!"

Craig turns 40 next year and admits he is dreading it because he can't cope with landmark birthdays.

He added to Britain's GQ magazine: "When I turned 30 I was a pain in the a**e. Like all of us I was like, 'I don't know what I want to do. I can't commit.' Not much has changed in that respect.

"I will try and celebrate it as best I can because I've got a feeling that 49 is going to come around really quickly!" - Bang Showbiz
zonzi

Post by zonzi »

Thanks Mel for this article. It makes me roar laugh when Daniel says he doesn't want to look like a freak or a lesbian ! :lol:

Kudos to him !
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I kind of hope he didn't say that . What does a lesbian look like ? I don't think lesbians would care enough to have plastic surgery .

When i turned 30 my friends dressed up like senior citizens with canes and grey hair and glasses . They behaved when I turned 40 .
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

Hmmmm, I hope he didn't say that either - the lesbian comment is very unkind. I have a few lesbian friends and this would not be taken well. Not to say that would matter to the general heterosexual populace that loves him (me included).

I hope that this statement was one of the many that are taken out of context and he didn't actually say this. If not, it's a very unfortunate choice of words.

NO BOTOX FOR THIS GOLDEN BOY....EVER!
I want to see him age - he'll be one damn fine wine.
Renske

Post by Renske »

laredo wrote:I kind of hope he didn't say that . What does a lesbian look like ? I don't think lesbians would care enough to have plastic surgery .

Why would a lesbian not care about her appearance? :?
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Well I can only go by experince of lesbians I have known that are not vain about their looks . Most women portrayed on film seem less interested in their looks . They make them real butch or real pretty I'll have to rent the L word from showtime to see how they portray lesbian women . Maybe there is something on a website on the subject of plastic surgery and lesbians
Last edited by Laredo on Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Renske

Post by Renske »

Lesbian or straight, it doesn't make a difference, I think. And butch women are not always lesbians...I can tell you that. And there are a lot of straight women who don't care about their appearance :s

sorry, I'm off topic, but this "statement" just caught my eye.

On topic again, indeed, I hope Dan didn't say that
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I said that is how they are portrayed on film not how I percieve them . A lot of people only have film to go by . I knew friends in highschool ( 30 yrs ago ) and had friends who worked retail who were lesbians , none were girly girls .
frick35cr

Post by frick35cr »

I'm with him on the against plastic thing. Although I can only speak for myself and I don't feel any disrespect towards ppl who do choose to have such surgery.

Also, I don't consider a plastic surgery that's an actual necessary medical procedure the same as just a beauty enhancer

However I hope so badly that he didn't actually make that lesbian comment cause that is extremely disrespectful and he will get heat for it from all sides...People are people, whatever their sexual preferences we're all the same
"Evian is Naive spelled backwards."
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

frick35cr wrote:However I hope so badly that he didn't actually make that lesbian comment cause that is extremely disrespectful
These were my thoughts exactly when I read the headline. Then when I read the article I realised he didn't say "look like a lesbian" but "lesbian big sister", and I supposed that's some kind of idiom or slang term I don't know the meaning of, but it doesn't have to be downright anti-lesbian. Can someone please enlighten me?
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

The unhappy feeling is repeated here as well :? Not a very good thing to blurt out...

Grip
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Well, he´s been shot for things he didn´t say or has done more than once - so he has earned himself one. Not that this will help.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

dolphin100

Post by dolphin100 »

I think it was just an unfortunate slip of the tongue. We all say things from time to time that mistakenly come out wrong. Fortunately for us we're not in a public forum. I'm not going to hold this against him because from what I know he is a nice, tolerant respectful guy.
Ang

Post by Ang »

dolphin100 wrote:I think it was just an unfortunate slip of the tongue. We all say things from time to time that mistakenly come out wrong. Fortunately for us we're not in a public forum. I'm not going to hold this against him because from what I know he is a nice, tolerant respectful guy.
yes, it wasn't the best choice of words but I think it was off the cuff and he probably meant transvestite rather than lesbian. I'm fairly sure he doesn't have anything against Lesbians, not that that will help him when gay/lesbian mags hear of his little faux pas
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Sorry girls, but I couldn't resist :lol:

Look the first clip (Part 1) Elaine has posted here:

http://danielcraig.fan-sites.org/forum/ ... php?t=1401

It obvious that he has nothing against lesbians :twisted: :lol:

I hope I haven't offend anybody by posting this, but this line came instantly cross my mind regarding this discussion.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com