News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:This really is a costly affair, but its interesting, what it reveals. But imo, all this Pacal stuff is blown out of proportion. I am sure, nne of us is free of talking unfriendly at times.
It's one thing to say something, but it's another to put it in email or writing. One has to assume that anything is written can and will be used against you. I think she is an egotistical idiot to have written down some of the things she did. She should have known better.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Interesting read about the whole thing. But for now, Spectre is in the news with deserved or undeserved negativity surrounding the script. For what i know, part one and two were fine, just three was lacking at sime point. All of this will be forgotten, when the film delivers. It even might bring in some odditional audience.

http://deadline.com/2014/12/sony-hack-a ... 201324747/

Also, in all this mess, we can be grateful, they have continued filming. Lets hope, it stays that way. One thing for sure, he is not allowed to do his Bond films without addotional pressure.

CR, we all know, how that went
QOS, writers strike, no real script.
SF, long wait without knowing, whether or not or when, they can start due to MGM beng bunkrupt.
Spectre, leaked script.

Good thing now though imo, they are now forced to work on the script until its right even more.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Part three of Skyfall was not that great either - the Scottish segment.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Those are good points GG... thank you. :) :thumbup:

I guess you gotta think of the old saying - "There's no such thing as BAD publicity..." :roll: :lol:

In a way, it's like the phone hacking thing (Sienna-gate) all over again!!! :shock: :lol:
bubita

Post by bubita »

One of the best comments I´ve read after the leak says: "Now Bond is gonna find them and kill them". Not a bad idea :D
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Dragon Tattoo sequels in 2016 and 2017?

http://geektyrant.com/news/sony-plans-t ... 6-and-2017
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Now wouldn't THAT be EXTRA?
All of a sudden, love the leaks :lol:

Kisses!
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Now wouldn't THAT be EXTRA?

Kisses!
Fingers crossed. :)
bubita

Post by bubita »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Now wouldn't THAT be EXTRA?

Kisses!
Fingers crossed. :)
I´m in!
Northcoast

Post by Northcoast »

Hope the rumor is true! And would love it if they re-released the first one so we can see it again on the big screen.
Wag More, Bark Less

Alina

Post by Alina »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Dragon Tattoo sequels in 2016 and 2017?

http://geektyrant.com/news/sony-plans-t ... 6-and-2017
God, may it be true!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Amen :wink:

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I'm pessimistic about Daniel's return in these. I sure hope I'm wrong though. I just think 5 Bonds (absolutely the best career choice he's made) and then 3-4 Tattoos are too many of the same character for him. Seems like he'd be up to diversify. :?:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf, there is only going to be two Tattoos ( ate least now) and he is obliged by contract to do them. At least, Tatttoo is not another actioner, so there is a certain variety given, when doing them. Tattoo is still a good franchise and had they not been so stupid to put it out there over Christmas, Sony would maybe have had the 300 mill they wanted out of it and the sequels were already made.
Personally I hope, they will nnow. Its a role, where he can act and doesn't have to physically engage too much, which might be tempting, when you are a certain age.
I don't think, he will go the Liam Neeson route, but do character roles.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I wonder what the expiration terms of his contract are. There may be no expiration X number of years, but there are definitely terms. I sure hope he plays the part again. I'm just not sure if he wants to. Would it be between Bonds? Aren't the Bonds somewhat back-to-back? Would he lose all the muscle and tone for Tattoo knowing he'd have to get back into shape? Just because the director is ready to film doesn't mean that it fits with Daniel's schedule. Maybe there's another actor that they are interested in who happens to cost a lot less. Just asking.

I'm not so convinced that the Christmas release was the cause of it's lackluster box office sales. It's a theory, but there are A LOT of adults off at Christmas time who are looking for an R-rated movie to see. Had Fincher beat the Swedish version to the screen, I think it would have done a lot better. Despite Fincher saying it wasn't a remake into an American/Hollywood version, that was the talk.