News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, it certainly had to do with his version coming out so soon after the swedish ones. Dunno, personally I can't see, how they could have better the film. I haven't seen Gone Girl, so I cannot compare them. GG seemed to have done a bit better, even though Fincher - again - isn't in any major Awards categoeries with his film apart from R. Pike, as with Rooney.

I am sure, your 2nd man is disappointed. For me, they could use nother director for the sequels and I wouldn't complain. Tattoo was ridiculously expensive with 90 mill for a non-action film.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Northcoast

Post by Northcoast »

Germangirl wrote:Yes, it certainly had to do with his version coming out so soon after the swedish ones. Dunno, personally I can't see, how they could have better the film. I haven't seen Gone Girl, so I cannot compare them. GG seemed to have done a bit better, even though Fincher - again - isn't in any major Awards categoeries with his film apart from R. Pike, as with Rooney.

I am sure, your 2nd man is disappointed. For me, they could use nother director for the sequels and I wouldn't complain. Tattoo was ridiculously expensive with 90 mill for a non-action film.
Unfortunately, that's what you get with Fincher. A great movie but with so many takes and his perfectionism it costs a ton.

And just putting it out there... Daniel might just hang up his license to kill if Spectre is successful. Sounds like they are trying to make the perfect Bond movie. He may want to go out on top. Just a thought.
Wag More, Bark Less

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Northcoast wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Yes, it certainly had to do with his version coming out so soon after the swedish ones. Dunno, personally I can't see, how they could have better the film. I haven't seen Gone Girl, so I cannot compare them. GG seemed to have done a bit better, even though Fincher - again - isn't in any major Awards categoeries with his film apart from R. Pike, as with Rooney.

Unfortunately, that's what you get with Fincher. A great movie but with so many takes and his perfectionism it costs a ton.

And just putting it out there... Daniel might just hang up his license to kill if Spectre is successful. Sounds like they are trying to make the perfect Bond movie. He may want to go out on top. Just a thought.
Gone Girl's budget was considerably cheaper $61m.
Yes Fincher goes overboard with takes etc, but shooting abroad on location always hikes the costs up.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I'm hoping for GDT sequels but, like Sf, I don't want to see Daniel stuck with franchises for a large proportion of his career... But then, ANYTHING Daniel does is A-OK (:thumbup:) with me. It's what you might call 'Sophie's Choice'.... :? 8) :lol: ... there is no right or wrong answer.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Northcoast wrote:

Supposedly, he's contracted for two more, and its hard to turn down $25m for less than a year's worth of work.

OOPS, I just read that he may not 'have' to do two more. But I think if he wanted to go out on top, he would have stopped with Skyfall. He's still a credible Bond, still fit and sexy, and after Skyfall, his salary went up exponentially. He'd be crazy not to continue.

Yeah, GG, i would miss the opportunity to listen to DF speak and look at his kind face and blue eyes. I'm in awe of his vision and talent, too. I could 'follow' him on other films, but I'm lacking the time to do so. He's also a local boy, having grown up around where I live.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

IMO, they will sit sown after Spectre and make a decision whether or not to go on.

Who knows, what's best for him personally and careerwise. Surely he won't put money as his top priority, even though, I agree, he loves the opportunities, his money gives him.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

sf2la wrote:I wonder what the expiration terms of his contract are. There may be no expiration X number of years, but there are definitely terms. I sure hope he plays the part again. I'm just not sure if he wants to. Would it be between Bonds? Aren't the Bonds somewhat back-to-back? Would he lose all the muscle and tone for Tattoo knowing he'd have to get back into shape? Just because the director is ready to film doesn't mean that it fits with Daniel's schedule. Maybe there's another actor that they are interested in who happens to cost a lot less. Just asking.

I'm not so convinced that the Christmas release was the cause of it's lackluster box office sales. It's a theory, but there are A LOT of adults off at Christmas time who are looking for an R-rated movie to see. Had Fincher beat the Swedish version to the screen, I think it would have done a lot better. Despite Fincher saying it wasn't a remake into an American/Hollywood version, that was the talk.
I'll chime in here, I think Christmas was a good time to release a BIG movies such as Dragon Tattoo. I saw all 3 Swedish versions. I was disappointed how it only scratched the surface of the books. It was hard to follow. US version was done very well. I think if they put book 2 and 3 together as 1 movie it would work out fine. Mikael part is very small in book 2, I don't think Daniel would have to loose muscle mass for the filming. He looked pretty good in the first one. He could tone down his arms a little.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Generally its good to release blogbusters on Christmans, but remember, this was a movie, that had a somewhat disturbing context that IMO didn't sit well with the Christmas tone. The movie picked up heat after X-mas, but you know, how it it now, opening weekend counts.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Re GDT.... remember the movie's tagline? "The Feel BAD movie this Christmas...."?! :shock: :lol: The movie did not make me feel bad... well, 3 scenes did. :wink: I love Daniel's performance in this movie so much - and he looks damn fine too :twisted: - it actually makes me quite HAPPY. I can't believe I've seen an R Rated movie SO MANY times! :wink:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Thanks to A

vide from another angle

http://www.oe24.at/kultur/Cooler-Dreh-S ... /169247933

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Sorry, Idris: Why Daniel Craig Isn't Leaving "James Bond" - And Shouldn't

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/28/ ... nal,manual
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

cassandra wrote:Sorry, Idris: Why Daniel Craig Isn't Leaving "James Bond" - And Shouldn't

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/28/ ... nal,manual
I love reading things like this about Daniel especially when it comes to Bond :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Very true all this. Thanks Cass. But the whole leak IMO will lead to them making an even better film and Daniel will show them even more, that he still has it and then some. :thumbup: