News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

And that's just this fiscal year which ended in July. Add Rachel's assets to his. No wonder they stayed in that hotel for the weekend somewhat recently (where was it?) for $12,500 per night. That's like a penny to them. All private jets all the time.
calypso

Post by calypso »

ImageImage
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

WHAT :shock: OMG if that is equivalent to Daniel you will need to start knitting willy warmers yes?
calypso

Post by calypso »

tbossmc2000 wrote:WHAT :shock: OMG if that is equivalent to Daniel you will need to start knitting willy warmers yes?
I go buy wool now, we will be rich again tboss

ImageImage
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

OMG !!! :shock: The balls.... :shock: Equivalent of Daniel ? :lol:
ImageImageImage
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent first thing to see in the morning...that certainly woke me up!
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Hannah wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent first thing to see in the morning...that certainly woke me up!
There's nothing like a pair of big balls to wake you up in the morning! :twisted:
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

ImageImageImage
bubita

Post by bubita »

Gosh!!
I spit my morning coffee on the keyboard after reading your comments.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

:rotfl:
calypso

Post by calypso »

Is good interview with pierce Brosnan

http://www.details.com/culture-trends/c ... -interview

Is new one.

DETAILS: The poster for your new action-thriller, No Escape, features a familiar image of you, pistol in hand. Are you a gun owner?
Pierce Brosnan: I have never owned a weapon, but somebody gave me one recently. He said I should have one. But it feels ugly. I really don't like to have it in the house. It's just a regular handgun, but it's powerful. It'll split you in two. I've put it aside and shall give it back.

DETAILS: Your Malibu home nearly burned down last February. What did you lose in the fire?
Pierce Brosnan: I had just done a week of meditation classes, so I was in this Zen zone of reflection when the shit hit the proverbial fan. There were paintings, first-edition books—James Joyce's Ulysses—the Aston Martin. I looked into the garage, and the car cover was engulfed in flames. In that nanosecond, you think, Do I try to save it? But it's a car. You take the blow and move on, give thanks you're alive.

DETAILS: Has striking a work-life balance ever been difficult for you?
Pierce Brosnan: There was a time after I lost my [first] wife, Cassie, [to ovarian cancer] when it was extremely difficult. Everything was rattling in the realm of grief, and I was trying to find myself again and had to go to work and take my son on the road with me. It's not good terrain for any young person. But I had the good fortune of meeting a great woman in Keely. We've been together 21 years. We've created a new life and family.

DETAILS: Your 18-year-old son, Dylan, is now a model. Is the family ready for another sex symbol?
Pierce Brosnan: Do what makes you happy is how I see it—it will bring dividends. Dylan was discovered in Malibu by Hedi Slimane for Yves Saint Laurent while having a cup of coffee. This dude came by, took a photograph, and gave Dylan his card. He promptly lost it. The office called a couple weeks later, saying, "We've been waiting to hear from you."

DETAILS: Good genes. You were a tall kid, weren't you?
Pierce Brosnan: I was six feet tall at 11. I remember noticing that a lot of actors who were extremely powerful were a certain height, and I used to wish that I were maybe just half a foot shorter, so that I'd be more talented. More intensity to my mass, as it were. Foolish thinking as a very young actor.

DETAILS: Your path to fame was pretty breezy. Is it true Remington Steele was your first audition?
Pierce Brosnan: Yes, it was. [Laughs] I didn't struggle. The luck of the Irish.

DETAILS: And you turned down Batman.
Pierce Brosnan: It was the beginning of these huge movies, and I just thought, Batman? Batman held such an indelible place in my own childhood, but I said something flippant to Tim Burton like, "Any guy who wears his underpants outside his trousers cannot be taken seriously." So, yeah.

DETAILS: Anyone you'd still love to work with?
Pierce Brosnan: I've always admired Robert De Niro. I met him briefly decades ago at a Night of 100 Stars. I went up to commit my greatest admiration, and he was talking to some punk chick. He said, "Meet Sally," and walked away. So I was stuck with some girl called Sally, who I had no interest in whatsoever.

DETAILS: You grew up outside of Dublin. Did you see legalized gay marriage coming?
Pierce Brosnan: I never thought in a million years, but hallelujah! Enough of the shaming. It's a great indication of the forward-thinking of a nation that's been so mangled by religion.

DETAILS: Can you picture a gay 007?
Pierce Brosnan: Sure. Why not? [Pauses thoughtfully] Actually, I don't know how it would work. I don't think Barbara [Broccoli, the James Bond producer] would allow a gay Bond to happen in her lifetime. But it would certainly make for interesting viewing. Let's start with a great black actor being James Bond. Idris Elba certainly has the physicality, the charisma, the presence. But I think Daniel [Craig] will be there for a while yet.

DETAILS: Is it funny at 62 years old to see paparazzi shots of yourself on a beach in Hawaii with—
Pierce Brosnan: With my Irish gut? [Laughs] We ran away to that wee island 15 years ago, and it was so delightful. The intrusion now is shocking, but what are you going to do? The lads in the hood know they can make a buck or two if they take a picture of Brosnan with his belly hanging out, looking like an old fart staggering out of the ocean.

DETAILS: You're aging well. Would you ever consider Botox or other cosmetic procedures?
Pierce Brosnan: Good heavens, no. It's a disgusting thing in our society, what we do to ourselves. We should just enjoy as best we can and make peace. If something crashed in around the old face, then I suppose I'd do something— I have a healthy dose of vanity—but this is it. Long may it last.
ImageImage
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Daniel Craig Fronts DuJour’s Fall Issue
By Alexandra Steigrad

http://wwd.com/media-news/fashion-memop ... -10206558/

BOND OF THE DAY: DuJour has nabbed Daniel Craig for the cover of its fall issue, in advance of the release of “Spectre,â€￾ the latest film in the James Bond series.

Craig, who has euphemistically been characterized as “selectiveâ€￾ in giving interviews, only gave one cover and print interview to an American magazine and that was DuJour, according the quarterly’s editor in chief, Nicole Vecchiarelli.

“He’s somebody who’s always been on my radar,â€￾ Vecchiarelli told WWD. “He doesn’t do a ton of press. He isn’t over-exposed.â€￾

The editor was able to lure the Bond actor by offering up two fellow Brits to do the story and photos: director and playwright Martin McDonagh as the interviewer and David Bailey as the photographer. Vecchiarelli admitted she had done research on potential interviewers that would intrigue Craig.

Craig, who was shot and interviewed in London in July, confessed in the interview that he wanted to work with McDonagh, and addressed the question of who should play James Bond next. (He doesn’t care).

Stylist Luke Day dressed Craig in an Hermès coat and Anderson & Sheppard sweater for the black-and-white cover. The 220-page issue, which carries 82 pages of advertising, will begin to go out to subscribers and hit newsstands early next week.

(I had a problem trying to post an image of the front cover)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks Cass :D

Lets hope, ee can get access to all the stuff coming out now. This dounds good.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Thanks Cass, It won't be long before all the promo stuff starts rolling. :D
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I actually had a vision today of walking into a supermarket / newsagent and seeing Daniels face on a magazine like GQ............ Oh, I will be SO HAPPY and excited when that happens!!!

:D :hyper:

Thanks for the info Cass. 8) :) I have never seen 'Dujour' on UK news stands but hopefully we can still see some pix. :twisted: