'A Number' Available Online (Temporarily)

This is the place to discuss all of Mr. Craig's work on stage.

Moderator: Germangirl

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

The audio recording of the live performance from the Royal Court was made by the British Library and is part of a unique collection of drama accessible to the public at the Library, but for reference only. You can’t borrow a recording. All sound recordings which are less than 50 years old are in copyright, so it is not possible to obtain a copy. Any attempt at illegal copying of a recording would be viewed very seriously. When I find time, I will arrange a visit to the BL to listen to the play.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Not sure if we already have this...

Review: “A Number”

http://variety.com/2002/legit/reviews/a ... 200545668/
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Thanks, SG. I've seen some reviews of the play but not this one in Variety. I really will try to fit in a visit to the BL.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

I guess this is not much use to anyone, but I've now discovered that the Victoria & Albert Museum in London has 'The National Video Archive of Performance' and included in this collection is a video-recording of 'A Number'. It was recorded at the Royal Court Theatre on October 12, 2002 (matinee performance). I will check this out.

I think there was a rare screening of it at the V&A last June. It's a pity I didn't find out about it at the time.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cassandra wrote:I guess this is not much use to anyone, but I've now discovered that the Victoria & Albert Museum in London has 'The National Video Archive of Performance' and included in this collection is a video-recording of 'A Number'. It was recorded at the Royal Court Theatre on October 12, 2002 (matinee performance). I will check this out.

I think there was a rare screening of it at the V&A last June. It's a pity I didn't find out about it at the time.
You doing a great job getting closer. Whatever you come up with - its appreciated.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

richardk232

Post by richardk232 »

I saw this play ( with other actors playing the parts of DC and the father). It was only 90mins long but was awe inspiring!!! I left thinking about the characters and the whole issue. it makes me think how much better it would have been with Michael Gambon and Daniel Craig in the roles!!!

I would give my right arm to see it with them in it.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its the one black hole in our completed catalogue of DC work. Its a damn shame, that plays - even Boradway plays not get filmed to be sold later on DVD. I dunno, what is the politic behind that.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

A bigger version ...

Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

I just stumbled upon this, a film version. Not with DC but with Rhys Ifans and Tom Wilkenson.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1010035/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Crazy!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Seems that there are no DVDs available. :cry:

I would have watched this, because I like both actors

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Dunda wrote:Seems that there are no DVDs available. :cry:

I would have watched this, because I like both actors
I saw it when it first aired on UK TV.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

How long ago was it on in the UK SG? I too would have loved to see it. Seeing Daniel in a play is still on my 'to do' list...
:sigh:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Wow! These pics are new to me! What a treat. I don't recall the ones SG posted in 2013 at all. Yeah, what a shame we can't see them on DVD. But I guess if you're in the biz, you can watch the one performance recorded on Broadway and stored at the Lincoln Library. I wonder if off-Broadway plays are recorded and stored?
videnovasan

Re: 'A Number' Available Online (Temporarily)

Post by videnovasan »

Does anyone of you had it downloaded...if this was possible of course. And if so can anybody provide a link or send it to me please......It will be quite interesting to listen to. Thx in advance...
The point is that most of the movies, one way or another, I can obtain, but for the plays....
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.