Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Ohhh February! Much sooner than Skyfall which came out in March was it?
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

YEAH! The SF BR came out on 28/02/2013 (or thereabouts, I think). This is MUCH sooner than expected which makes me VERY HAPPY! :D (If correct...)
SmittenDramaKitten

Actually, the SF BR was released on 18 FEB 2013 so it's not far off the predicted SP release date. I knew an 8 was in there somewhere..! :lol: 8)
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

'SPECTRE' has received 7 Satellite Award nominations.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

So turns out Radiohead did record a 'SPECTRE' theme song ...

As a non-Radiohead fan I am so glad they went with Sam Smith. I really don't like this song, and don't think it fits well with the films plot. 'Writings on the Wall' has really grown on me, well except for that bloody falsetto.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Red-Snow wrote:So turns out Radiohead did record a 'SPECTRE' theme song ...

As a non-Radiohead fan I am so glad they went with Sam Smith. I really don't like this song, and don't think it fits well with the films plot. 'Writings on the Wall' has really grown on me, well except for that bloody falsetto.
More on it here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35178921
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubita

Post by bubita »

I like Radio head but this song doesn't work at all.
SmittenDramaKitten

:stick_iagree: Radiohead have a very particular sound and it doesn't work over the opening credits. Tom Yorke has an 'interesting' voice but it doesn't have the pure soaring qualities that Sam's has. Maybe they could have used the song over the CLOSING credits?
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

James Bond Villain Placed Drill in Wrong Area, Neurosurgeon Says

James Bond's villain in the latest 007 film, Spectre, could use a lesson in neuroanatomy, a Toronto neurosurgeon says.

In a scene recorded in a Morroccan desert, Ernst Stavro Blofeld, played by Christoph Waltz, tortures Bond using restraints and a head clamp fused with a robotic drill. The goal is to inflict pain and erase 007's memory bank of faces.

But Blofeld didn't have his brain anatomy down and could have likely killed Daniel Craig's character instead, Dr. Michael Cusimano of St. Michael's Hospital, says in a letter published in this week's issue of the journal Nature.

Aiming to erase Bond's memory of faces, the villain correctly intends to drill into the lateral fusiform gyrus, an area of the brain responsible for recognizing faces, Cusimano said. But in practice, the drill was placed in the wrong area, aiming for the neck instead of the brain.

"Whereas the drill should have been aimed just in front of 007's ear, it was directed below the mastoid process under and behind his left ear," Cusimano wrote.

It likely would have triggered a stroke or massive hemorrhage, he said.

In a draft of the letter, Cusimano said he was "spellbound" watching the film in a packed theatre, but his enjoyment was somewhat marred by the blunder.

"I laughed," he recalled in an interview. "I think people around me kind of looked at me and were wondering why I was laughing because it's a pretty tense part of the movie."

Cusimano,a professor of neurosurgery, education and public health, said he's seen all the Bond films and says he enjoys the music, locations and special effects.

Cusimano added it's theoretically possible to impair facial recognition by targeting the lateral fusiform gyrus. He noted there are documented cases of injury, such as strokes, leading to brain conditions that cause "face blindness," or prosopagnosia.

The neurosurgeon said he would happily offer his neurosurgery expertise to Hollywood filmmakers next time, and hopes people get a laugh out of the letter.
SmittenDramaKitten

Now, that is what I call ironic... and interesting... and funny! Thanks for posting Red... 8)

There was a similar article after SF was released saying Bond would have never survived his various physical ordeals in Real Life... (Being dropped from the bridge, digging shrapnel out of his chest with a knife etc)... There was a surgeon who also criticised CR for the speed of Bond's resuscitation after the poisoning... It was unlikely he would have been resuscitated at all. I guess they have never thought of hiring a Medical Consultant. I know they keep the action scene stunts for real but, with some plot points, there needs to be a suspension of disbelief. It's Bond. It's Fantasy. :)
SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

Hi All!!
It's been a while since I've posted in this forum, although I followed it every now and then. Well I've watched Spectre last week, and should be watching it again next Saturday with a friend. Amazing movie, and what struck me most was the exquisite choice of clothes, especially on Daniel and Lea Seydoux. The scene in which in my opinion he looks the most stunning, is the one in the desert, when Daniel is wearing the light brown/ beige suit! =P~ I must say also that the sunglasses he wore in this movie really suit him.
honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

Must have been a slow day most medical type programs can't even get CPR right. Placing severed limbs on ice is a classic, killing tissue thus making re-attachment pointless.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I don't understand a word you are saying, Honey.

But happy hlidays for you :D
Last edited by Germangirl on Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..