Daniel for International Women's Day

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Yes, it was his idea to draw more attention to it. He certainly succceeded in that and from what I know, he got mainly great responses.
He was approached by Annie Lennox and the Equals charity that she supports. It was produced by Babs, directed by Sam Taylor-Wood and written by Jonathon Ross's wife, Jane Goldman.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Would anyone remember the article where it says that dressing up as a woman was Daniel's idea? I know I've read it before but can't find it now. I've tried all sorts of search words and gone through those magazine scans that I've saved. I feel a bit exhausted by the idea of going through all post 2011 scans...

If anyone remembers the article or ever happens to come across it, I'd appreciate a link. :blowkiss:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I remember that as well. It was his idea.

Maybe Dunda or Sylvia can find it.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:I remember that as well. It was his idea.

Maybe Dunda or Sylvia can find it.
Was it his idea?
I'm afraid I don't remember reading that.
I've had a look but can't find that article. :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes his, to really make an impact. He was talking to Barbara, I think about it.

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Yeah, I remember the video was originally supposed to be different but Daniel came up with the idea. Maybe it was even supposed to have him talking at first but he felt like who was he to talk about the issue... Although I could be just imagining that one.

I have a feeling the article wasn't from 2011 when the video originated but from some later date.

Don't waste your time looking for it if it's a needle in the haystack :D
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Madeleine wrote:Yeah, I remember the video was originally supposed to be different but Daniel came up with the idea. Maybe it was even supposed to have him talking at first but he felt like who was he to talk about the issue... Although I could be just imagining that one.

I have a feeling the article wasn't from 2011 when the video originated but from some later date.

Don't waste your time looking for it if it's a needle in the haystack :D
I might have a look later, when I have a bit more time. :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Just read the pages back. Lots of info there from 2011. Didn't see exactly the article but some info from our force and back.

Like this

[quote="Sylvia's girl] He was approached by Annie Lennox and the Equals charity that she supports. It was produced by Babs, directed by Sam Taylor-Wood and written by Jonathon Ross's wife, Jane Goldman.[/quote]

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Can't believe I found what I was looking for:

Earlier this year Craig was approached by Bond-film producer Barbara Broccoli, along with his onscreen boss Judi Dench, about appearing in a British public service announcement decrying gender inequality in the United Kingdom. At first the idea was for Craig to speak directly at the camera and list statistics citing escalating sexual violence and workplace inequities. Craig thought about it for a minute and decided he wouldn't do it.
"I told them I can't speak in this," says Craig. "I'm a man. If I come out and say, 'Did you know women are treated really badly?' I might as well pull out the pipe and tobacco and do it in a fucking smoking jacket."
Craig had a different idea. He would appear first as Bond, pouting for the camera but saying nothing. Then, as Dench read the statistics, he'd reappear dressed as a matronly woman, teetering uncertainly in pearls and high heels. The result is chilling and weird, more powerful than a dozen straight-to-camera PSAs.

It's from Men's Journal January 2012 http://www.justjared.com/2011/12/24/dan ... uary-2012/
I had it saved in my magazine folder but I must have glanced at it too quickly the first time I was looking for the quote.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The man did some good thinking. Like this, he made a much biggr splash for the cause :thumbup:

Great you found it :D

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

He's smart and a good 'un :)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Madeleine wrote:He's smart and a good 'un :)
Totally.