NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

From Deadline:

There have been no negotiations on where the Bond movie will land (Sony or Warner Bros. are out front on this) and although it was thought that negotiations might start after the first quarter 2016, parties are not likely to engage in negotiations until later this year. There is no workable script yet and the creative elements have yet to come into place. It has also been widely reported (and confirmed by Deadline) that Jamie Bell has discussed the Bond role with his Film Stars Don’t Die movie producer Barbara Broccoli (who has long produced the Bond movies). Craig has been very vocal about not wanting to do another Bond. After Spectre, he said publicly that he would rather slash his wrists than do another in the franchise.
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

They love throwing his wrist slashing comment around :roll: Didnt think Daniel would be interested in something like Nascar....again I wiuldnt worry about it
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

I saw that too but I still think for the most part it's garbage... And Jamie Bell? Babs would have to be nuts.

Watch people melt down and the rumours ramp up even more now that he's doing Logan Lucky, too.

It's dumb. I'll just shut myself off to the stupidity of it all. You would think only one movie exists and that's Bond 25. But there is nothing to say that he can't do a movie and even Purity (though who knows what this actually IS tbh atm), plus Othello and Bond 25 IF (big if) he really had the chops (hardly in doubt) and desire (maybe in doubt) to do it.

It's a similar situation to what happened in 2011 and then in 2012 but people will translate this BADLY.
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

I agree with you....I think I might do what some people on MI6 seem to be doing and thats ignoring it all until there is something official :lol:
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

CheekyNandos wrote:I saw that too but I still think for the most part it's garbage... And Jamie Bell? Babs would have to be nuts.

Watch people melt down and the rumours ramp up even more now that he's doing Logan Lucky, too.

It's dumb. I'll just shut myself off to the stupidity of it all. You would think only one movie exists and that's Bond 25. But there is nothing to say that he can't do a movie and even Purity (though who knows what this actually IS tbh atm), plus Othello and Bond 25 IF (big if) he really had the chops (hardly in doubt) and desire (maybe in doubt) to do it.

It's a similar situation to what happened in 2011 and then in 2012 but people will translate this BADLY.
According to the same article regarding 'Purity':

The actor has also signed up to star in a limited TV series Purity which is likely to be 20 episodes over two seasons and producer Scott Rudin and writer/director Todd Field are currently negotiating to set that up now. The series hopeful based on the novel by Jonathan Franzen is about young female activist named Purity (or Pip) who begins a worldwide search for her Dad. It marks Craig’s first TV series in the U.S.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Then if that's true and it's really over two seasons I would say that potentially Bond is less likely than ever if it's going to straddle filming in 2017 and 2018.

At this stage, who knows? One thing's for certain, people are selfish, and either expect him to put everything on hold for Bond (which is clearly not sorted in any shape or form at the moment) or are ungrateful for the amount of effort and hard work he has given the franchise.

One thing that is without doubt... Eon are a cluster lol.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Not sure what you mean by Eon being a 'cluster' CN.... elaborate? :?
I was talking about Daniel & Bond with my friend at lunch today. He HAS been saying he'll do one more. Now, he says he thinks not. :( I was trying to explain the various different actors who had been 'named' for the role and how inappropriate they are. I am determined to keep an open mind and say it's 50/50. Until we know for SURE, then speculation is almost null and void. As a girl who has just finished watching Spectre, it's still too hard to envisage someone other than Daniel playing this role. Now, more so than last November, those last 20 minutes of SP can get me pretty emotional....
:sigh:
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Ah here, now I dont see the point in worrying unless there is an official announcement. Daniel seens to do his own thing and ignore all the bs going around. Babs does other things besides Bond so everytime she is seen meeting with someone the media is automatically going to say its Bond. For the supporting role in this movie coming up I know Daniel wants to work with the director but in my opinion the plot sounds terrible :?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Not sure about the plot either, but if Soderbergh is coming out of the retirement, it can't be all that bad :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/27/ ... or-bond-25

Hiddleston is making the rounds and it seems serious. Not confirmed though - yet.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Can't say much about him as an actor as I don't think I've seen him in any movie or series, but look-wise, it wouldn't be such a great change from Daniel - blond and (I think) blue eyed. Not sure I'd like it, I'm open for someone entirely different - since that would make it easier to get over Daniel's Bond :wink:
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

Germangirl wrote:http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/27/ ... or-bond-25

Hiddleston is making the rounds and it seems serious. Not confirmed though - yet.
Don't beleive it.
ImageImageImage
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

No studio, no director, no writers, no script....why jump straight into looking for an actor? I reckon people online talk about Bond 25 more than Barbara Broccoli has :lol:
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

I think I read on MI6 yesterday....somebody said something like imagine of the internet was around for Roger Moore's Bond....he was going to leave and he came back....same stories would have gone on around him as they are to Daniel now.