Daniels new projects

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

There were an awful lot of Asians that suffered during the LA Riots but you don't hear people chime in about those either >.<.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

If he does sign on, I am interested to find out what it was about this film that attracted him. And I hope it simply isn't for the director. Given the current climate, regardless of what the plot is actually about and who his character is, DC will still be in some hot water for being an Englishman in a film about the LA riots. Some people just wont be able to look past that fact.

And on the flip side, Halle Berry isn't exactly known for making smart script decisions. So, I am pretty nervy about this one.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

She can be quite good. Maybe its due to the director, who get it out of her. But yeah, if people really think like this, which I find totally stupid. Or do they care, whether or not somebody is an Alien, just because he plays one? Ridiculous :evil:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Critic's Notebook: Why the Daniel Craig-Halle Berry L.A. Riots Film Is a Bad Idea
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... ots-908267
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Wow.

You know, the part this dude wrote about Halle Berry being black and how she should only have black romances or w/e even though she's mixed race...

I know SO many people of mixed race and it's a far more complex issue than denouncing one race for the other. Shame on this scumbag. His attitude is exactly why some people who are mixed race struggle in the first place! What a scumbag! I find it more offensive that he claims this as if Halle Berry has no choice. Uhm. She could say NO.

On another note, no, this film probably is a bad idea, I agree. But the topic of whitewashing is pushing my buttons more (And this goes BOTH ways) and is far more pertinent at the moment.

Don't even get me started on how catastrophic Finn in Star Wars is for NOT giving us an original bad ass black character (runs around following after a white girl like a little sheep dog in the name of pro-feminism!) If you want to look that far so you get a bad ass black character then you need to look at Michonne from The Walking Dead.

It's NOT enough. But articles like this are JUST as damaging.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

It's hard not to lose a little respect for The Hollywood Reporter when they allow articles like this to be published.

It makes some really good points about why the film is genuinely a bad idea, but does an absolutely terrible job at supporting those points.

A better writer could have done so much more with this article, and actually added to the current Hollywood climate, rather than re-affirm what is wrong with it.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

A more sensible take on the problems the film faces.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dan ... 646410d6fd
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Well, he still can say No, can he? What about him being saved by blacks? Ther are ways to get away from the savior cliche.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

CheekyNandos wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNlmRId2FVQ

'nuff said.
Guess her academy award role in monster ball doesn't count for anything?
I don't really know why the story has to be told again (fictional) what about Compton? Wasn't that similar to the L.A. Riots.
I bet they have good chemistry but there could be a million other stories to be told.
Strange how life today is as bad as 1992, police killing civilians. Civilians killing police, mass killings around the world.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

She's done nothing of real note ever since. I mean her next movie was Die Another Day and she was "soooo bad". There's talent. She just doesn't bother to use it.

I mean, also, consider this for Robert De Niro. According to Reddit and this he stopped giving a shit in 2002:

http://i.imgur.com/8IfeF8r.png

But no worries... On the whole I was being extremely facetious ;).
bubita

Post by bubita »

Now I´m intered to see that movie.
My guess is he´s going to tone down his "hero" image and give us an stunning performance of someone trying to deal with the madness he´s driven in.
Be brave Dan and do your best.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He can still say No. Often people make up their minds and there is nothing you can do to change that. I don't want another uphill battle for him. :wink:

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

I do wonder how the current state of things in the U.S. will affect the film moving forward.

If they do go through with it, I hope they stick to their original ideas and not crumble to outside pressures and add things in that seem forced just to make some sort of comment on contemporary events. Rarely does it end well.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Katherine Heigl is visibly pregnant. How can she be in this film?