Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

I'm not doing too badly. I've seen The Mother, The Trench, Layer Cake, Tomb Raider (lol)... all of his stuff in between Bond movies (barring the Invasion and Flashbacks of a Fool)

Someone has been going on at me on Skype that I need to see him in Our Friends in the North.

The girl I sit next to in work told me she was blown away by his performance in Enduring Love after reading the book... And that's one I own and have made a digital copy of so I can watch it if I'm not busy on a plane or in a hotel and still haven't got around to watching...
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

CheekyNandos wrote:I'm not doing too badly. I've seen The Mother, The Trench, Layer Cake, Tomb Raider (lol)... all of his stuff in between Bond movies (barring the Invasion and Flashbacks of a Fool)

Someone has been going on at me on Skype that I need to see him in Our Friends in the North.

The girl I sit next to in work told me she was blown away by his performance in Enduring Love after reading the book... And that's one I own and have made a digital copy of so I can watch it if I'm not busy on a plane or in a hotel and still haven't got around to watching...

Our Friends in the North is incredible. Geordie is one of the finest roles of his career. Be warned.....he will make you cry! :cryblow

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I know I'm late to the party (...and I hate being late...) but I just thought I would add my reminisces about how I found Daniel... :)

It was late 2006 and life was changing yet again. I hadn't liked the way it was changing and needed some escapism on a Saturday afternoon so I decided to go and see CR. I "wasn't going to bother" because I was among the stupid-heads who weren't convinced that Daniel would make a great Bond. 'There but for the grace of God go I..' If only I knew then what I know now. In the event, it was like...

KER-POW!!!!!

It was a LOVELY wake up call. I was on a high for weeks, months afterwards. I wish I could remember my EXACT thoughts at the time of seeing him but its too long ago now. Needless to say, the rest is history...
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Me too SDK! I walked out of the cinema after seeing CR on an unbelievable high. I couldn't get enough. Who was this man? How had he existed before and I wasn't aware? His animal magnetism was like a drug.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

bumblebee wrote:Me too SDK! I walked out of the cinema after seeing CR on an unbelievable high. I couldn't get enough. Who was this man? How had he existed before and I wasn't aware? His animal magnetism was like a drug.
I think I became a puddle sitting in my seat and had suddenly emotionally turned 16 with the biggest boy crush imaginable.
SmittenDramaKitten

I distinctly remember being on a raving high when I came out of the cinema... :thud: :thud: :happyrunning:

What I CANNOT remember are my exact thoughts whilst watching the movie. I think I was in a bit of a daze. I also think it was a pretty instantaneous attraction. WHO WAS this amazing man and where had he been all my life??!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I absolutely do remember being in a state or stupor. I couldn't have answered a single question about the plot for a million dollars. It took about 4 showings before I could take in two things at once.

What I still don't understand is the bathing suit scene. Yes, damn, his body is perfection, but the still images from it are not good of his face, IMO. I think he was a 20 in every scene but a 5 in that one, but that's the iconic scene. Now the one of him in the dark bathing suit... :twisted: :twisted:
SmittenDramaKitten

Agreed Sf.... :stick_iagree:
The blue trunks scene has become iconic. It was a jaw dropper but I have also seen him looking much better. He was 'too muscle-y' for my taste. But Daniel looking less than perfect is another guy's best day... :wink:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Never to muscley you for me!!! There are so many rippled, cut men now, and although that beats a beer belly, I love how Daniel doesn't have the typical V-shaped body. The last time we saw him with few clothes on, ahem, Skyfall anyone? , he was perfection.
Last edited by sf2la on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

sf2la wrote:Never to muscley you for me!!! There are so many rippled, cut men now, and although that beats a beer belly, I love how Daniel doesn't have the typical V-shaped body. The last time we saw him with few clothes on, ahem, Snyfall anyone? , he was perfection.
Me too! He has a decent pair of hips on him. I think that is what makes his clothes hang so well.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Maybe he will be more easy to go again post Bond and we will see some of the goods again.Here's hoping.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

JEC57 wrote:
sf2la wrote:Never to muscley you for me!!! There are so many rippled, cut men now, and although that beats a beer belly, I love how Daniel doesn't have the typical V-shaped body. The last time we saw him with few clothes on, ahem, Snyfall anyone? , he was perfection.
Me too! He has a decent pair of hips on him. I think that is what makes his clothes hang so well.
Don't talk about his hips! Or his thighs for that matter. I'll start getting dirty thoughts and will need a cold shower!! :twisted: :wink: :thud:
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

James Bond's fake Day of the Dead parade was so cool Mexico wants to do it for real.
https://news.vice.com/article/james-bon ... t-for-real
ImageImageImage
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Jana66 wrote:Interesting to read about SP:
http://www.theasc.com/site/blog/thefilm ... am-mendes/
That was really a good article, Jana. Thanks. I find Sam pretty attractive. Probably not so much if he were a plumber, but he is so frigging talented, which is always sexy, and I like how he doesn't have to have a woman hanging on him all the time.