Othello

This is the place to discuss all of Mr. Craig's work on stage.

Moderator: Germangirl

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

CheekyNandos wrote:Well Tuesday sold out so that's my dream of going over with. On the flip though New York and seeing my friend is gonna be amazing ^_^.
Hopefully you'll get a return ticket! My friend was lucky with Lazarus (the David Bowie show) and got a ticket during the final week (after Bowie had died) so even the seemingly impossible is possible!
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Yeah! I read about that with Lazarus. Apparently they got quite a lot of returns so queuing up on a weekday was pretty efficient. I'll also enter the ticket lottery while I'm there.

If you ring the box office on the day will they give you an idea on whether it's worth queuing up or not?
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

CheekyNandos wrote:Yeah! I read about that with Lazarus. Apparently they got quite a lot of returns so queuing up on a weekday was pretty efficient. I'll also enter the ticket lottery while I'm there.

If you ring the box office on the day will they give you an idea on whether it's worth queuing up or not?
I'm not sure. I don't think they gave my friend a straight answer when he called so he just went. The first time he didn't get a ticket but he wasn't first in line. I had a ticket already and they ended up moving my mom and I to the front row which was nice. :D
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Cool!

Just one more question. I'm guessing Lazarus was pretty nuts because of the circumstances but what time would you arrive? They say cancellation lines are two hours before the performance but would you arrive three hours before or more or?
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

CheekyNandos wrote:Cool!

Just one more question. I'm guessing Lazarus was pretty nuts because of the circumstances but what time would you arrive? They say cancellation lines are two hours before the performance but would you arrive three hours before or more or?
So he arrived three hours early and didn't get a ticket. He was the first one in line. :(
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Oh no! That really sucks! Well, I'll just have to see how it goes. I'll keep checking the website, etc, throughout up until the day I leave and just see how it goes from there!

Thank you for all your help, advice and tips :)
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

CheekyNandos wrote:Oh no! That really sucks! Well, I'll just have to see how it goes. I'll keep checking the website, etc, throughout up until the day I leave and just see how it goes from there!

Thank you for all your help, advice and tips :)
Glad you managed a ticket! I was 372 in line and managed to grab three for some friends and myself and another friend was 700+ and grabbed one for herself for the same performance. Excited to see it with my friends. By then I'll have seen it twice but it's always better with friends.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Othello: David Oyelowo expects Bond 'banter' with Daniel Craig

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37608854
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I wish Daniel, that they have as much fun as he had during ASR
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/20/theat ... p=cur&_r=0

Where to See Celebrities Onstage This Fall

David Oyelowo and Daniel Craig in ‘Othello’

Performances begin Nov. 22

When word broke that these two British movie stars would appear in Shakespeare’s drama of betrayal — with Mr. Oyelowo in the title role and Mr. Craig as his frenemy, Iago — the show sold out within hours. Tickets are still available for a special benefit performance for New York Theater Workshop, the Off Broadway company presenting the show in the East Village, but you’ll have to shell out $1,500 to $2,500.

(The proceeds from the special benefit performance, to be held on 12 January 2017, will go to support the NYTW's Education and Engagement programming.)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Well done. Enough NYers can Shell out this sort of money and its for a good cause. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

...a theater in Dresden has "Othello" on its actually plan. I read a review in my local newspaper. There was one line I really found interesting..."Shakespeare wanted a lot of text for his Iago."
So there will/be could be a lot to "hear" from Daniel (and IMO, he will have lo learn a lot of text.).
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Jana66 wrote:...a theater in Dresden has "Othello" on its actually plan. I read a review in my local newspaper. There was one line I really found interesting..."Shakespeare wanted a lot of text for his Iago."
So there will/be could be a lot to "hear" from Daniel (and IMO, he will have lo learn a lot of text.).
Iago is a great baddie.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I think Daniel has got his work cut out for him on this one.... :wink:
Poor baby, I hope he's learning the lines OK. Of course he will do a grand job. He always does. :D
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

For David Oyelowo, the Time Has Come to Play Othello

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/theat ... .html?_r=0

So it's a modern version. Probably short army hair for Daniel then.

David on Daniel....

“The more you like each other, the more mean you can be to each other,â€￾ Mr. Oyelowo said. “I’ve got to know him well enough that I can throw him about the room and spit at him.â€￾