Daniels new projects

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Interesting - another love project of his. I really hope, its going to be as sucessful as they hope.

I do wonder, that we heard nothing of Cheecky and her friend :(
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sold-Out Othello, with David Oyelowo and Daniel Craig, Adds Benefit Performance

http://www.playbill.com/article/sold-ou ... erformance
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Maria

Post by Maria »

Would be nice to attend of course....still even if I had the cash and could go, I'd be concerned of purchasing tickets - payment in advance - from Craigslist type sites.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

TONY-WINNER SAM GOLD'S NEXT CHALLENGE: 'THEATER'S GREATEST HITS'
Director known for championing young playwright's is tackling Shakespeare's 'Othello.'

He has never before professionally directed Shakespeare; with Othello, he is taking on one of the trickiest plays in the Bard’s canon.

“It’s a play that makes a director confront basically every major political and cultural land mine we have,â€￾ Gold says. “It has a completely racist premise. It engages in domestic abuse and misogyny. It’s Islamophobic, and it takes place in a war zone. So you’re going right towards a lot of pretty volatile, rich, contemporary cultural material.â€￾

Gold admits he is still figuring out how he will navigate the juxtaposition of Shakespeare’s gilded language and our current-day concerns. But he is not shying away from the jolt of cultural relevance that electrifies this Elizabethan play. Andrew Lieberman, the set designer for Othello and a regular collaborator with Gold, says the production will feel both contemporary and intimate, with the audience set closely around three sides of the space. “Sam is always interested in the authenticity of an actor’s speech and behavior,â€￾ he tells me. To balance the inauthenticity of Shakespeare’s iambic pentameter, he and Gold are creating a design “that will allow for a more recognizably human way of communicating. It doesn’t sound like orating. You can hear a pin drop in the space.â€￾

http://europe.newsweek.com/sam-gold-cha ... its-520359
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I hope, they will get good reviews and that Daniel is not overshadowed by his co star.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:I hope, they will get good reviews and that Daniel is not overshadowed by his co star.
Iago is a meaty part for Daniel to get his teeth into, however David O is a fabulous actor, I also like Finn Wittrock, he was great in American Horror Story.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel, for sure, was never afraid to be challenged -au contraire. Lets hope, they are both amazing and it will be a hit.

Maria

Post by Maria »

David is such a gifted actor and I doubt Daniel would take it on if he wasn't up to it. I would love to see it for either actor - sigh. Wish they would record it, as they do some productions such as the National Theatre Live or the MET operas.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

U Love the Met Operas. So amazing

Maria

Post by Maria »

Germangirl wrote:U Love the Met Operas. So amazing
I'm lucky, I live a few blocks away from a cinema that screens them. Tonight, I am going to see Wagner's Tristan and Isolde. It's five hours long. I'll be able to get home from work with a few minutes to feed the cat, grab a bowl of cereal for myself for dinner - then head to the cinema.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Enjoy it, even though Wagner is not my cup of tea. I am more of a Puccini, Verdi girl. But that with all my heart.

Maria

Post by Maria »

Germangirl wrote:Enjoy it, even though Wagner is not my cup of tea. I am more of a Puccini, Verdi girl. But that with all my heart.
Home now. Me too - Puccini and Verdi. I thought I'd try Wagner.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Agreed. Bring them back, Sony!