Othello

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I don't know if we have this one yet

http://dctheatrescene.com/2016/12/15/ot ... iel-craig/

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

....and another 4/5 from The Stage.

https://www.thestage.co.uk/reviews/2016 ... -new-york/

Who knew filmdom’s greatest good guy could not only be such a bad guy – but so good at being bad? Indeed, the chief pleasure of Sam Gold’s often bracing, sometimes strangely directed production of William Shakespeare’s “Othello,â€￾ now at New York Theatre Workshop, is watching 007 himself, Daniel Craig, hand in a career-defining performance as the malevolent, malicious Iago.
https://cititour.com/NYC_Broadway/Othello/401
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Sylvia's girl wrote:....and another 4/5 from The Stage.

https://www.thestage.co.uk/reviews/2016 ... -new-york/
When the audience is illuminated, it’s hard to avoid Craig’s magnetic gaze when he catches you watching him.

Oh well who the hell would watch HHH :twisted:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yeah, who? :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Craig morphs from a clever court jester into a merciless killer. It’s a cunning, charismatic performance.

http://theaterpizzazz.com/othello-naked-naturalism/
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Germangirl wrote:Yeah, who? :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:
:stick_iagree:
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Sorrry gang, no report from me.

Not happening. I knew it was gonna be a cock up. Just had a feeling in my gut from the moment go.

So I write this to you from a hotel in London and I hope that if any of you are in town you can score my cancelled ticket for tomorrow.

On the one day that is bad weather... Had to be today hehe.

I've pulled every string to see it on Tuesday but it's the cancellation line for me... I hope if and when I do get to NYC it isn't a complete let down for me as I've always wanted to go. But other than that I can't offer you any personal anecdotes.

Ah well....
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Oh no Cheeky, what a complete bummer!
Maybe you can try the cancellation line once you're there.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Oh no, not true. I cant believe it. Gosh, I hope, they fly soon and that you geht your Ticket. You deserve it. Everything crossed. Dont give up. Its not over yet. You have been so good to your friend, now you need your chance.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Aye.

Well me and SO have agreed if we can't fly tomorrow that we'll cut our losses and come home. At that point we'd be there for Tuesday only and kind of defeats the point when flying home on Wednesday as we have other stuff booked.

Not looking forward to the insurance claim. I don't even have my luggage with me because they said it should be on my next flight when I go.

Hmmmmm. We'll see lol.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Margaret Curry â€￾@MargaretCurry 12h12 hours ago
Oh my. I have fallen hard and am now actor crushing on #DanielCraig something fierce. See his Othello @ NYTW.

Carla GuginoVerified account â€￾@carlagugino 14h14 hours ago
Carla Gugino Retweeted NYTW
Had a truly spectacular night at the theatre seeing this. Exceptional on all levels. Bravo to all! ðŸ‘￾ðŸ￾¼#Shakespeare #OthelloNYTW

Jose Solís â€￾@josesolismayen 15h15 hours ago
OTHELLO intermission thoughts:
1) Daniel Craig's calves need their own zip code.
2) It's the guy from THE FLICK!
3) This show = thirst trap

what the fuck â€￾@Valdemort18 8h8 hours ago
Holy SHIT Othello was amazing. Daniel Craig was indescribably good.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Oh my indeed. LOL at the calves. Indeed again. again - never thought he wuld be sooo good in this. He had text problems at times with the other two, but not with this one? Shakespeare? Too many fucking lines Shakespeare? Amazing. Proud of him.

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I thought it was his ASS that needed its own zip code!!!! :lol: :twisted: :twisted: Need to get a look at those calves.... I've always known he's got nice legs... :wink: Apparently, Daniel hates his knees ... and his ears... So ironic that a man so gorgeous sees too many faults...

Yeah and Othello gives him so much kudos as an actor. I hope future employers are taking note. Our Boy Done Good. :D
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

So a small update.

I don't know if I mentioned this in my last post but there were thousands that didn't get to their final destination in Saturday.

While I was in Manchester and waiting for my flight to leave for Heathrow I asked them four times to move my flight to a later one and they wouldn't do it.

Anyway, I finally got here but before I left the UK I rang British Airways through their executive club (which I'm nearly a silver member of thanks to work travel) And asked if I could move my air ticket an extra day.

Well, they went one better because they couldn't find a seat and did two extra days so I now get back to the UK on Xmas eve :D :D so my holiday is sooooooo fucking Christmassy! They did it free of charge on a non refundable ticket too :D. So I'm guessing bang goes my free upgrade to business when my loyalty renewal comes up lol

Anyway last night I spent it at my friends house and I checked the nytw website. I saw a ticket on sale for the matinee tomorrow and I bought it. I'm hoping this isn't a glitch so I'm calling them today... However, I feel this puts me in a bit of a better position than I was on Sunday because it's now more 'their fault' than mine.

I will keep you posted as the box office isn't open yet and I'll be very happy if I'm seeing the play tomorrow :D.