Othello

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Maria wrote:
KillerHeels wrote:Have to agree with Cheeky, when he locks eyes with you. I just went to pieces very quietly sitting in my seat.... it is so intense....
I forgot to mention - I admire your will power. I would have melted onto the floor...which would not have been very nice as it may throw the actors off cue.
Oh, seeing Daniel 'up close and personal' is one HUGE melt, from the moment he appears where-ever until he leaves the set/stage/red carpet! :wink: :twisted:

I remember just not wanting to take my eyes off him at all... to make the best of EVERY SECOND that he was near and craning my neck when he went slightly out of sight. I doubt that I will be the same until I can make such an occurrence happen again. I damn well hope I get another chance although I know that seeing Daniel IN THE FLESH is a privilege, not a right...
:sigh:
KillerHeels

Post by KillerHeels »

Thanks for the welcome. Yes a quivering wreck would apply..... Almost felt surreal.

Remember I flew out 24 hours after getting the ticket!

^5
Maria

Post by Maria »

KillerHeels wrote:Thanks for the welcome. Yes a quivering wreck would apply..... Almost felt surreal.

Remember I flew out 24 hours after getting the ticket!

^5
Well worth the trip. Wish we could have joined you.
KillerHeels

Post by KillerHeels »

Oh yes, totally spontaneous but in the end worth every penny!

The next Bond film isn't scheduled for premier in the UK until 2018; if I'm wrong someone here will correct me please. A long wait! Am hoping that Daniel might come over for the Graham Norton show to publicise Logan Lucky in the meantime. Fingers crossed.

As an aside Rachel is filming in NW London (down the road from me) in the Spring. Might be worth finding out where, and seeing if they need any extras.... :wink:

^S
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

..and hubby might visit as well. Deffo worth finding out the location :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

KillerHeels

Post by KillerHeels »

Yes always the chance! 😉

Their London house is nearby in Primrose Hill I think?
Maria

Post by Maria »

KillerHeels wrote:Oh yes, totally spontaneous but in the end worth every penny!

The next Bond film isn't scheduled for premier in the UK until 2018; if I'm wrong someone here will correct me please. A long wait! Am hoping that Daniel might come over for the Graham Norton show to publicise Logan Lucky in the meantime. Fingers crossed.

As an aside Rachel is filming in NW London (down the road from me) in the Spring. Might be worth finding out where, and seeing if they need any extras.... :wink:

^S
cheers to always being on the look out for intel! 8)
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

NYTW â€￾@NYTW79 Jan 5
#TBT to the time Ken came to see and reviewed #OthelloNYTW - we were so sorry Barbie couldn't make it!

Here's the review on Instagram to which NYTW refers:

iyampopeyeHere is Ken's review of the #NewYorkTheaterWorkshop's production of #Othello starring #DanielCraig and #DavidOyelowo: Sure, #Shakespeare is good, everyone thinks so. But it's hard to get excited about canned peas sometimes. But this definitely wasn't canned peas. It was broccoli with cheese or corn on the cob smothered in butter or.. what I mean it was so good that it didn't even seem like vegetables. Just good, ya know? I have to admit that I'm a pretty regular guy and there is and always will be just one doll for me, but honestly there was a moment during this intimate show where the light were up and Daniel Craig was delivering a soliloquy... he looked me right in the eyes and it was like melting into the deepest bluest ocean ever, and I was just a little shaken, but not stirred...
#jamesbond #007 #nyc #newyorkcity #offbroadway

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOll7b8gbM0 ... iyampopeye
KillerHeels

Post by KillerHeels »

Oh I Iove that review. Except I was most definitely stirred....

Was chatting on Twitter to a girl who was behind me in the queue for tickets. She's going on the last night. I've told her that we need more pictures, and she's going to try and get some more....

^S
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

KillerHeels wrote:Oh I Iove that review. Except I was most definitely stirred....

Was chatting on Twitter to a girl who was behind me in the queue for tickets. She's going on the last night. I've told her that we need more pictures, and she's going to try and get some more....

^S
If it's who I think it is then she is also a member here.

If anyone is interedsted in reviews, there are many here. It's kond of like Rotten Tomatoes of the theatre world.

https://www.show-score.com/off-broadway ... e-workshop
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

cassandra wrote:... but honestly there was a moment during this intimate show where the light were up and Daniel Craig was delivering a soliloquy... he looked me right in the eyes and it was like melting into the deepest bluest ocean ever, and I was just a little shaken, but not stirred...
#jamesbond #007 #nyc #newyorkcity #offbroadway

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOll7b8gbM0 ... iyampopeye
:sigh:
I Need This.... BIG TIME. :twisted:
I feel as though he has been a little too absent (in my life) for too long... I refuse to give up the hope that I will see him again though...:)
Maria

Post by Maria »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
KillerHeels wrote:Oh I Iove that review. Except I was most definitely stirred....

^S
If it's who I think it is then she is also a member here.

If anyone is interedsted in reviews, there are many here. It's kond of like Rotten Tomatoes of the theatre world.

https://www.show-score.com/off-broadway ... e-workshop
Oooo- theatre stuff, thank you.

KillerHeels - of course we want pictures. Hope this individual is able to do so, and share of course.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Last night I witnessed a production of Shakespeare unlike anything I've ever seen. OTHELLO at New York Theater Workshop, directed by Sam Gold. It was stunning, awe inspiring, there aren't adjectives to do it justice. From the incredible lighting design by Jane Cox, the sound design and extraordinary music by Bray Poor and Blake DeLong, to the performances by David Oyelowo, Marsha Stephanie Blake, Daniel Craig, Rachel Brosnahan, Finn Wittrock and the rest of the cast, it was a flawless and life-changing production. As a writer, who isn't in awe of Shakespeare? But it wasn't just his timeless, glorious words. The conception & direction, the lighting & music, and mostly the raw, brave, spectacular actors - all ADDING to Shakespeare's brilliance. I have never seen Shakespeare elevated. Ever. I have never heard the original text so clarified and understandable, yet so honoring the original. As I cried along with the rest of the audience during the well deserved standing ovation, I was inspired, humbled, and blessed as an artist and human being. Thank you @nytw79 thank you Sam Gold, thank you to every person responsible for bringing this production to life, and thank you to my beautiful friend David and his astounding performance - giving us one of the most gut-wrenching Othello's in theater history. I bow to you all.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BO7Y7xqAqNl ... nytw&hl=en
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

It seems like a Must See. They have to find a way to preserve this. It can#t just disappear.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Germangirl wrote:It seems like a Must See. They have to find a way to preserve this. It can#t just disappear.
They don't have a National Theatre Live type thing for Broadway shows?