NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

For me, Daniel made me look forward to seeing a Bond film. On the first day in IMAX. But as you know, that only works for me if I see his chest and there is some sexual tension. Spectre proved that. I didn't buy the DVD, and I only was it four times (low for me!) That shirtless opening was a joke. I'm just really surprised that no reviews mentioned the lack of skin in Spectre. Were they written by men who feel inadequate? Daniel still has the body and can get it photo ready in no time. So if there's skin - I'm good with him as Bond. If not - eh.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

There is no doubt that Daniel is a great Bond. He could leave now and not feel ashamed of what he has achieved in and for the franchise. He could do another and as long as it's very good (which is what he is probably waiting for) then it would doubtlessly be the same.

But after that one I would feel it's time for him to hang up the Walther. Any more and I think he would be too old, especially at the rate they're being released at currently. Men are ageing a lot slower certainly but I don't want to see him end up like Roger Moore during the end of his tenure (Sorry, Rog!)

Some people were already criticising the gap between him and Seydoux. He'd get away with it again but after that it's time, I'd say, and even then there would no shame in him walking away now. I am far more comfortable with it than I was six months ago, let's just say.

But with one more under his belt then there may be a more obvious """""contender""""" to the throne. Right now and, strictly in my opinion, barring one other man the talent pool is woeful.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I think it's obvious that he's the money making machine for BB, and she has a sure thing with him. It's a risky move to take on a new Bond after Daniel's success. Is Adrian the only viable candidate now. So glad Hiddleston blew any chance he had with the Taylor Swift fiasco. What a goober. Bonds shouldn't be goobers in real life.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Adrian couldn't act his way out of a paper bag. He's more bad TV fodder. I don't know. Doesn't do it for me in any shape or form. I'll give him his due, though, he wouldn't let any fan go away empty handed at Comic Con back in May.

Mine was Dan Stevens.
Maria

Post by Maria »

CheekyNandos wrote:There is no doubt that Daniel is a great Bond. He could leave now and not feel ashamed of what he has achieved in and for the franchise. He could do another and as long as it's very good (which is what he is probably waiting for) then it would doubtlessly be the same.

But after that one I would feel it's time for him to hang up the Walther. Any more and I think he would be too old, especially at the rate they're being released at currently. Men are ageing a lot slower certainly but I don't want to see him end up like Roger Moore during the end of his tenure (Sorry, Rog!)

Some people were already criticising the gap between him and Seydoux. He'd get away with it again but after that it's time, I'd say, and even then there would no shame in him walking away now. I am far more comfortable with it than I was six months ago, let's just say.

But with one more under his belt then there may be a more obvious """""contender""""" to the throne. Right now and, strictly in my opinion, barring one other man the talent pool is woeful.
I like how you think here. Of course I too want to see him in one more Bond (although I'd probably want more after that. Too bad the Bond films weren't like the latest Star Wars franchise - a new one each year...) He did so well in the role, it would be difficult to see it without anyone else now (not just saying that as a DC fan either.) I lost interest in the Bond films until he restored them.

If he does another, I hope it's a fantastic script and something that he will be really proud of.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

There was "news" on Google today about how producers of Bond 25 are 'panicking' because Daniel hasn't committed himself yet. When I saw the new posts on here I thought someone might have commented already about this "news".... I just think the press are being idiots again. :roll: :roll: Bond 25 won't go into pre production until late 2017. IMO, Daniel has plenty of time to make his mind up....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... ic-9471998
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:There was "news" on Google today about how producers of Bond 25 are 'panicking' because Daniel hasn't committed himself yet. When I saw the new posts on here I thought someone might have commented already about this "news".... I just think the press are being idiots again. :roll: :roll: Bond 25 won't go into pre production until late 2017. IMO, Daniel has plenty of time to make his mind up....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... ic-9471998
Tabloids love to stir up shit every now and then. I dont believe it I mean did they ever even get a distributor yet? They shouldnt panic now anyway with Babs whispering sweet things into his ear everyday. Thank god for Othello :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Intereting news, that could point towards action behind the scenes.

http://thebondbulletin.com/bond-25-prod ... er-germany
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Germangirl wrote:Intereting news, that could point towards action behind the scenes.

http://thebondbulletin.com/bond-25-prod ... er-germany
It certainly is interesting, I reckon after the script leak everything about this movie is being kept tightly under wraps. Hopefully 2017 will bring more news.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Watch from 9.5. Is that a confirmation for a Yes?

https://youtu.be/D18oDGK8klQ
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Germangirl wrote:Watch from 9.5. Is that a confirmation for a Yes?

Daniel said in the past more often that he would rather cut his wrist as before he would continue to play James Bond. This was however directly after the end of the shooting to "Specter". Weeks later came "Who knows?" Or "I could well imagine this role to continue to play".

All these questions, right after the turn, had pissed him off and he had told these reporters the reporters.

In the end, Daniel also knows what the Bond role has brought him. Worldwide fame and a full-fledged account. Through Bond, he had got roles that he would never get without Bond because he was unknown. Bond has catapulted him from the independent field into the world market. Even an actor knows that you do not cut the branch on which you sit.

Barbara Broccoli gave Daniel to Specter the time he wanted for his own projects. First time with the family and then ....

Logan Lucky
Othello
Kings ...

I guess Daniel will return as James Bond ....
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

It certainly does imply that Daniel is still Bond :dance2:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

There's also this...

Omega chief to meet with Daniel Craig in the next few weeks

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=12047
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, I read that, too. Seems some motion is in the whole process.

KillerHeels

Post by KillerHeels »

Daniel_Craig wrote:

Daniel said in the past more often that he would rather cut his wrist as before he would continue to play James Bond. This was however directly after the end of the shooting to "Specter". Weeks later came "Who knows?" Or "I could well imagine this role to continue to play".

All these questions, right after the turn, had pissed him off and he had told these reporters the reporters.

In the end, Daniel also knows what the Bond role has brought him. Worldwide fame and a full-fledged account. Through Bond, he had got roles that he would never get without Bond because he was unknown. Bond has catapulted him from the independent field into the world market. Even an actor knows that you do not cut the branch on which you sit.

Barbara Broccoli gave Daniel to Specter the time he wanted for his own projects. First time with the family and then ....

Logan Lucky
Othello
Kings ...

I guess Daniel will return as James Bond ....
Don't forget Purity...

That's going to take a few weeks this year to film. Isn't it 20 episodes?
Then I think Bond pre production late 17 and filming in 2018... That's most of next year.
Thoughts?