Logan Lucky

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Channing Tatum reveals what Daniel Craig was really like on the set of Logan Lucky
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/good-m ... gan-lucky/

During an appearance on Good Morning Britain today [August 23], Channing admitted he and co-star Adam Driver were a tad shocked by their co-star's transformation.

He said: "I remember the first day on set acting with him. I'd sort of met him really quickly in the make-up trailer; I saw what he was going to do with his hair and I was just like, 'Oh, okay, that's different... Alright'."

Channing went on to add that he and Adam were blown away by Daniel's performance when they were in front of the camera.

"I remember we showed up on set and he was just crushing this scene to a point where Adam and I were forgetting our lines," he said. "Because the lines are very heavy on his side, especially when he's talking about the proposals of the job.

"He was so good. Adam and I just kept forgetting everything. We were just watching this guy put on a clinic. It was incredible."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks for all the tidbits Red. He hasnt changed.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

And another very good review...it's really a shame the movie is not doing better :(

http://www.dailytidings.com/news/201708 ... -wonderful
Regarding “Logan,” I was so wrong. This is, unequivocally, an excellent movie. It’s entertaining, comic-serious, never condescends, and its characters, to a person, are seriously good company. I liked them all.
This is Daniel Craig with tattoos, bleached hair and zanily, over-the-top quirky. What a hoot this character is.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The question is why. It has everything a summer movie needs.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

To be honest, it's getting zero coverage here. I doubt most even know the movie is out.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

My guess would be the marketing model and it's kinda been sandwiched in with other big movies at the moment. Yeah, I agree, it's a shame. I'll be seeing it tomorrow and I'm excited though :).
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Have fun. Us Germans have to wait.

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Steven Soderbergh interview: 'Daniel Craig is the exact opposite of a brooding actor – he's a blast'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/stev ... -brooding/

As for Craig, whose relish in performing has rarely been more obvious, he says, “It was a very scorched earth performance, I thought. Not having to shoulder the entire film was probably a relief. Besides, Daniel’s the exact opposite of a sort of brooding cliché of an actor. He’s a blast.”
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

So I've seen the film twice. There are some very minor spoilers ahead for those that haven't seen it so proceed with caution!

My impressions are basically this:

- On second viewing the film was a lot better than the first time around. I don't know. I think I just had more fun knowing what to expect from it and also I started to notice some of the minor details that Soderbergh included. Suspension of belief is definitely required.

- Adam Driver is really, really good in this film. Channing is just Channing. :D

- While Daniel is great as well, I don't believe it's anywhere near on the level that some people were claiming (i.e. nominations). Not that I don't believe he was good, just that I would honestly be surprised if he had a nod from either the Globes or the Academy. That being said, he's what makes this film go from average to good and provides most of the humour and dynamics for the film. Maybe that will influence them. They can be funny at the best of times. I am also very cynical as you know lol.

- This kind of links into the prior point but I was disappointed they omitted the whole positive and negative monologue that was now clearly used as a marketing tool from early on.

- Which brings me onto this: The marketing for this film has truly been garbage. Cinemas here are empty and it's a shame. It's probably one of the better films being shown at the moment. It deserves a way better take than what it has.

- Potential for a sequel? I would actually HOPE so... But with the reception it's getting via box office take, I doubt it.

- Will I go see it again? HMM! Maybe? But probably closer towards the end of its shelf life. If anything it won't be all that long until it's out on Bluray or w/e.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

well, Soderbergh choose this "alternative" way of making a movie, by bypassing the studio System.

Doesn't seem to work out great.

well the big Studios got what they hoped for

http://deadline.com/2017/08/logan-lucky ... 202145745/
The major studios quietly hope that Logan Lucky will instantly run out of luck when it opens next week. The reason: The movie is dedicated to the proposition that studios are expensive anachronisms.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

It really hasn't and it's a crying shame. It's by no means a perfect film but it's way better than some of the drivel out at the moment.
KillerHeels

Post by KillerHeels »

I saw it over the weekend. I was one of three in the cinema!
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Wow. Yeah, I saw it on Friday 6pm and Sunday at 5pm. Barely a quarter full. Probably about ten people turned up on the Sunday. Not quite that bad to be one of three though.

Crying shame. There was even talk of it spawning a sequel if it performed well and it was definitely a good enough romp IMHO.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He just has no luck. No wonder, he takes long breaks. :(

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Very little promo here.....no tv spots.
It won't last long in the multiplexes I shouldn't think