NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Callie

Post by Callie »

SilverDragon wrote:http://www.007.com/bond-25-announcement-3/

No more Danny Boyle...

Wow, wonder what happened... hope this doesn't delay filming.
PAMELA BRAMMER

Bond 25 with Danny Boyle

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

Hi Calle

You have just beaten me to it. I have just heard this on the news. Cited to be due to "creative differences" :(

Like you I hope it doesnt delay filming.
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Shit. :?
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Shit!

Somehow the whole thing seems like a kindergarten to me. First the hiccup with the script, and now this farce with the director!

Do they even have a concept for the film project Bond 25? Slowly doubts arise ...

Bond 25 really in 2018 in theaters ???
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I changed the title of this topic.....

What a mess :evil:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Seems a mess alright. But lets stay positive. Msybe its for the better.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I just hope they don't bring back Mendes.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

More insight here:

"Back in the spring it came out that Danny Boyle and screenwriter John Hodge were working on a script for Bond 25 and that Boyle was maybe-probably going to direct it. Everyone leapt on it like it was a done deal but it sounded wishy-washy to me, and I specifically asked: “Like what happens if they—MGM and Eon Productions, the stewards of 007—don’t like the script John Hodge writes? Does Boyle walk away?” Well, in the end, that is pretty much what happened. Yesterday the official Bond Twitter account announced that Danny Boyle is departing Bond 25 over “creative differences”.

Lainey suggests they hire the woman who directed The Night Manager, I agree.

https://www.laineygossip.com/danny-boyl ... nces/50661
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

And more:

"...one industry source told the Telegraph the split was due to a fall out over whether to cast Tomasz Kot as the lead villain. The 41-year-old Polish actor stars in Cold War, a love story set in 1950s Europe, and was described as a "left-field" decision for a Bond enemy.

"Craig has a big say in all the casting decisions. None of the Bond girls have been chosen without his say so," the source said.

A direct clash between Craig and Boyle could have been the cause of the rift which has thrown the Bond franchise into chaos.

"It was telling the producers put his [Craig's] name on their release saying that Boyle had been sacked," the source said.

"I have heard that they wanted to bring that Cold War element in but update it to the modern day.

"Danny Boyle was in for that. That wasn't the problem. The problem came in when they were making the final decisions about casting pre-production."

Boyle is known for his maverick style but the producers were so desperate to recruit him they agreed to put an already completed script by longtime Bond writers Neal Purvis and Robert Wade on hold.

Boyle insistence on bringing an entirely new team, including his established writing partner John Hodge, infuriated Bond producer Barbara Broccoli, another industry source told the Telegraph.

It is unclear whether producers will now stick to Boyle's controversial script, written by Hodge, or revert to the version by Purvis and Wade, thought to be more typical for a Bond film."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... n-villain/
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

bumblebee wrote:
Lainey suggests they hire the woman who directed The Night Manager, I agree.
Susanne Bier would be a great choice

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its all a big mess or - not so bad at all. Time will tell.

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Of course it's all over the German web sites and news......

Most of them blame Daniel....

Well, sources nada....someone familiar with the issue, some one close to EON etc.

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Ya Im pretty much seeing the same thing but we will probably never know the real story. But casting is almost complete and the script is done no? So maybe there may not be a delay if they can get a director soon :-k
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Everyone blames Daniel - as usual.

No, casting us far from finished, as is ghe script. So eveeything is possible.
But Daniel faces another uphill battle.

I had hoped, he would not come back and this proves, I was right.