Glass Onion

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

videnovasan

Glass Onion

Post by videnovasan »

You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Dunda
Administrator

Re: Knives out 2

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Great
.love it 😀
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Could it be the wrong link. Something about Housewifes and Pattinson
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:33 am Could it be the wrong link. Something about Housewifes and Pattinson
Oops...but I can't find the right link right now.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

What did it say?

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:34 pm What did it say?
Not much. There's the possibility that Lakeith Stanfield and Noah Segan will reprise their roles.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Fine with me

Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Netflix Near $400M+ Deal For ‘Knives Out’ 2 & 3; Daniel Craig & Director Rian Johnson Reprising
https://deadline.com/2021/03/knives-out ... 234724575/

Netflix is closing in on a deal to make two sequels to the 2019 hit whodunit Knives Out, which Rian Johnson will direct with Daniel Craig reprising his role as super sleuth Benoit Blanc. Johnson, who wrote the original, has written the sequels and is producing with partner Ram Bergman. Sources said the deal will be worth north of $400 million, making it one of the biggest streamer movie deals in history.

A sequel was expected, but the recent discreet auction that went on between three streamers — Apple and Amazon were the others — was a surprise. How was it possible? The original was acquired in a single picture deal by MRC, which distributed the film through Lionsgate. The first film cost $40 million and turned in a global gross north of $311 million. Owned and licensed by Johnson and Bergman on a picture by picture basis, Johnson and Bergman had the right to make the richest sequel deal they could. It gives Netflix a bonafide event film franchise for its slate. The first picture will begin shooting June 28 in Greece, and casting will begin immediately.

The deal is remarkable, considering Knives Out‘s origins. It happened because Danny Boyle exited the James Bond movie, leaving Craig with some downtime. Johnson, who loved the Agatha Christie whodunits, had one of those in mind, and he and Bergman readied it before Cary Joji Fukunaga came in as 007 director and was ready to shoot No Time To Die, Craig’s swan song as the British secret agent. Knives Out, with a killer cast and a meticulously crafted script, was a crowd pleasing hit that sets up perfectly for more mysteries. This deal should land in the $450 million range.

CAA, which reps Johnson and Craig, is brokering the deal. No one was commenting.
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

In the news titbits I've posted info from greek tv channels that he will shoot in Greece in June and now your info... He will be less then 1000 km and 10 h ride by car So near yet, so far
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

I'm a bit disheartened that this won't get a theatrical release- or at least a traditional one. Nevertheless, Netflix are the kong of the film industry and Daniel would be a fool not to get into bed with them. For this reason, pivoting his other franchise to Netflix may actually be a genius move, especially as there is no given that the theatrical business is going to bounce back.

I also think that Netflix will spare no expense in getting the glitziest cast possible. I mean they are already forking out to shoot the whole thing in Greece! Also, all the big stars are out fo work looking for projects and this film gives them a free holiday. If you thought Knives Out had a stacked cast, I think the sequel will be bananas.

Plus, more of Daniel hamming it up as Beniot is no bad thing (though I hope he does something serious again...)

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

I've read all your post. I've got everything in it, but the only thing I think now is Greece, beach, sea, summer...... And I guess you won't need a lot of clothes.....
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

I'm hoping that the Greece location means that Rian will add a more Hitchockian sense of glamour to proceedings. Wouldn't it be great to have Gal Gadot or Scarlett Johansson play a femme fatale. Someone trying to seduce Blanc.....
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Wow, this is really good news. Love it 😀