NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Re: NTTD: Out April 2021

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks 👍😀
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Germangirl wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:59 pm Thanks 👍😀
I'm feeling quite low these days...but I'll survive...
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dont let them drag you down. Have good thoughts and declsrr them your future
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Germangirl wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:03 pm Dont let them drag you down. Have good thoughts and declsrr them your future
No. I won't, but really everything is blah these days. Anyway thx for allowing me in here. It means a lot to me. The only regret is I haven't been here earlier. And on the plus side. I'm keeping my English fresh. So have a nice time. I'm sure we will have many things to put smiles on our faces next year....
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
PAMELA BRAMMER

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

I really cannot see NTTD coming out in April. Not after England is going into a 3rd national lockdown starting from tomorrow until at least mid feb☹
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

PAMELA BRAMMER wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:38 pm I really cannot see NTTD coming out in April. Not after England is going into a 3rd national lockdown starting from tomorrow until at least mid feb☹
Yes. I've read about it. We see. There is some time....we wait for so long already that it doesn't matter anymore..
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I think they will move to November 2021

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
PAMELA BRAMMER

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

So do i Dunda 😏
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

I have to agree that April is looking unlikely. When selling a franchise film you need certainty in the date. Now MGM could take a Tenet-style approach where they push the film incrementally week-by-week. If MGM were to adopt this approach then they would be the 'first' film back in cinemas. Which is a risk in itself as audience appetite has yet to be fully tested. There are other films better suited to this task - namely Black Widow and Fast & Furious. Considering MGM's tenuous financial position, I don't think they would or could afford the risk.

Basically this means one of three things: (i) Push the film's theatrical date, (ii) Sell to a streamer, or (iii) Hybrid release in theatres and a streamer.

Based on the evidence we have, MGM has no obvious streamer to place the film on. Furthermore, Eon seem committed to a theatrical release. For this reason, it'll likely get a delayed theatrical release (but this is no guarantee, just my impression)..........

Optimistically, the UK Government are saying that restrictions will begin to get lifted in March/April. By now, we all know that means May/June. Then you have the Euros and the Olympics occupying people's attention. For this reason, I think November is likely. Though don't rule out October. Especially the highly profitable October 1st date (both Venom and Joker did huge business with this date). Dune is scheduled for that date currently, though essentially conceded it when WB made the HBO Max announcement.

What's clear is that 2021 is going to be no less certain than 2020.

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Your analysys is almost what is in my mind. I really wish to see this, but the point is that I like to see it on a big screen not on a TV or PC...Where I live the cases are going down now, but we still had restaurants and bars closed, malls as well, schools are online only 1st-4th grade are attending since the begining of this week.......I really can't see either how it will be April release.
Vanquish wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:57 pm I have to agree that April is looking unlikely. When selling a franchise film you need certainty in the date. Now MGM could take a Tenet-style approach where they push the film incrementally week-by-week. If MGM were to adopt this approach then they would be the 'first' film back in cinemas. Which is a risk in itself as audience appetite has yet to be fully tested. There are other films better suited to this task - namely Black Widow and Fast & Furious. Considering MGM's tenuous financial position, I don't think they would or could afford the risk.

Basically this means one of three things: (i) Push the film's theatrical date, (ii) Sell to a streamer, or (iii) Hybrid release in theatres and a streamer.

Based on the evidence we have, MGM has no obvious streamer to place the film on. Furthermore, Eon seem committed to a theatrical release. For this reason, it'll likely get a delayed theatrical release (but this is no guarantee, just my impression)..........

Optimistically, the UK Government are saying that restrictions will begin to get lifted in March/April. By now, we all know that means May/June. Then you have the Euros and the Olympics occupying people's attention. For this reason, I think November is likely. Though don't rule out October. Especially the highly profitable October 1st date (both Venom and Joker did huge business with this date). Dune is scheduled for that date currently, though essentially conceded it when WB made the HBO Max announcement.

What's clear is that 2021 is going to be no less certain than 2020.

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Just about to post that too. So @DanielRPK is saying NTTD is to move to summer 2021:
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/tim ... y-delayed/

You have to trend very carefully when it comes to these internet tipsters. Primarily, they are interested in getting clicks. But Daniel RPK is different and is known to be trustworthy. I know that the Collider report, Jeff Snider, says that he's very reputable. People on the MI6community forums relied on his scoops about the NTTD trailer news, which he was right on. So he has a seriously good record.

But you don't need crystal ball to know that April 2 isn't happening. The UK is in lockdown till March 31. That is likely the earliest things will reopen, especially given that the pandemic is now at its very worst stage. For this reason, I think by summer we may see a reopening of sorts. But then you have the Euros and the Olympics. So I guess that leaves August to November. Which would suck.

Perhaps Eon will go back to their old summer release dates. But Licence to Kill flopped with that last date and they have had serious luck with October roll-outs on QOS, SF and SP.....But they could move Bond to F9's date of May 28. That's a pretty good date to debut. It would be after Black Widow as well (if that film sticks to its date).
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

So the new date is 08.10.2021
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Oh well...

Dunda
Administrator

Re: NTTD: Out October 2021

Post by Dunda »