Macbeth

This is the place to discuss all of Mr. Craig's work on stage.

Moderator: Germangirl

Red-Snow

Macbeth

Post by Red-Snow »

‘Macbeth’ Will Land At Broadway Theater Vacated By ‘Diana’ Musical
https://deadline.com/2021/12/daniel-cra ... 234892224/

Macbeth starring Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga will have a larger Broadway home than previously expected, courtesy of the Princess Diana musical.

Macbeth had originally been set for the approximately 943-seat Lyceum Theatre, but with the unexpected early closing of Diana, The Musical this weekend, that show’s approximately 1,095-seat Longacre Theatre will be available.
Germangirl

Re: Macbeth

Post by Germangirl »

Oh thats good. Thanks. They will fill it easily.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

I love Daniel doing that.
The last time I had to do with "Macbeth" was at school. I maybe should reread it.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Macbeth director Sam Gold previews Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga's murderous power play
https://ew.com/theater/macbeth-broadway ... uth-negga/

Sam Gold called Daniel Craig the perfect agent for the role: "I find him just extremely human. He's a great actor for taking the scale of the poetry of Shakespeare and feeling like it could be you up there. He just feels very approachable, real, vulnerable, and also has within him the depth that the second half of the play requires.”

"More than anything, I'm looking for clues to contextualize the experience so I can best help Daniel tackle one of the hardest roles in dramatic literature,and to me 'NO SLEEP' is the key."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sounds like the right man for the job
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Finally something to read. Thx for sharing...
Last edited by videnovasan on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
SophieYangDC

Post by SophieYangDC »

Is anyone going to watch it? I have bought the ticket :).
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I was in NY for A Steady Rain and Betrayal.
I would love to go, but unfortunately I will not be able....

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
SophieYangDC

Post by SophieYangDC »

Dunda wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:50 pm I was in NY for A Steady Rain and Betrayal.
Wow that's so cool how were the shows? It's a pity that there is no video record T_T
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I did see Steady Rain and the best fir me was the stage doorng ( 3 times) when Daniel was close, I did a pic with him and just inhalibg the atmosphere. We were a few and it was quite the moment.

SophieYangDC

Post by SophieYangDC »

Germangirl wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:27 am I did see Steady Rain and the best fir me was the stage doorng ( 3 times) when Daniel was close, I did a pic with him and just inhalibg the atmosphere. We were a few and it was quite the moment.
That's something I really hope to do but God damn covid we have to wear masks...
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

SophieYangDC wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:10 pm
Dunda wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:50 pm I was in NY for A Steady Rain and Betrayal.
Wow that's so cool how were the shows? It's a pity that there is no video record T_T
Both shows were great, I liked A Steady Rain better, because it was more intense.
And the stage door experience at ASR was great. Hugh did a great job buy loosen up Daniel a great deal.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
SophieYangDC

Post by SophieYangDC »

Oh niceeee :)
Last edited by SophieYangDC on Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I doubt, he will ever tour. Its not that long for you. A couple of hours. We came from Germany. 😉

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Daniel Craig-Ruth Negga Broadway ‘Macbeth’ Announces Complete Cast
https://deadline.com/2022/02/daniel-cra ... 1234932919