News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Vanquish

Re: News tidbits

Post by Vanquish »

Frances McDormand Rumored to Join Daniel Craig in Luca Guadagnino’s ‘Queer’

Luca Guadagnino is revving up his next production: an adaptation of William S. Burroughs’ controversial classic novel, “Queer”.

The book was written as a quasi-sequel to Burroughs’ semi-autobiographical 1953 novel “Junkie.” Its homosexual themes were deemed too controversial at the time for readers, and it went unpublished until 1985.

“Queer” has supposedly cast Frances McDormand who will join Daniel Craig in the film’s casting.

The source material is loosely inspired by Burroughs’ own life, and his time spent in Mexico, surviving on the subsidies handed out by the US government following World War II, not to mention his struggles and dependence on heroin.

McDormand is very picky in choosing her roles. She produced “Women Talking” and appears very briefly in the film. Lately, she’s been on a roll appearing in “The Tragedy of Macbeth,” “The French Dispatch” and “Nomadland.”

Guadagnino has been very busy of late. He has already completed “Challengers” which is set for release this summer. His Audrey Hepburn biopic could also be shooting this year. Then there’s the “Scarface” remake which has a screenplay penned by the Coen Brothers. Guadagnino has also mentioned a “Call Me By Your Name” being in the works.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

That would be fantastic

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
SophieYangDC

Post by SophieYangDC »

Daniel and Rachel were at Lincoln Center tonight!!! OMG I love them so much❤️
Source: https://twitter.com/birbigs/status/1613028252087361562
SophieYangDC

Post by SophieYangDC »

Vanquish wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:34 am Frances McDormand Rumored to Join Daniel Craig in Luca Guadagnino’s ‘Queer’

Luca Guadagnino is revving up his next production: an adaptation of William S. Burroughs’ controversial classic novel, “Queer”.

The book was written as a quasi-sequel to Burroughs’ semi-autobiographical 1953 novel “Junkie.” Its homosexual themes were deemed too controversial at the time for readers, and it went unpublished until 1985.

“Queer” has supposedly cast Frances McDormand who will join Daniel Craig in the film’s casting.

The source material is loosely inspired by Burroughs’ own life, and his time spent in Mexico, surviving on the subsidies handed out by the US government following World War II, not to mention his struggles and dependence on heroin.

McDormand is very picky in choosing her roles. She produced “Women Talking” and appears very briefly in the film. Lately, she’s been on a roll appearing in “The Tragedy of Macbeth,” “The French Dispatch” and “Nomadland.”

Guadagnino has been very busy of late. He has already completed “Challengers” which is set for release this summer. His Audrey Hepburn biopic could also be shooting this year. Then there’s the “Scarface” remake which has a screenplay penned by the Coen Brothers. Guadagnino has also mentioned a “Call Me By Your Name” being in the works.
I read some small paragraphs of the book and it's pretty interesting for me. The main character Lee is an emotional, vulnerable and complicated man who fells in love with a young soldier. Definitely going to be a fun character for Daniel to play and I feel happy for him to be able to work with brilliant director and actress. I'm looking forward to it!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its ages, we had a really good foto of them. Both look great.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Jonathan Anderson (Creative Director of Loewe) will serve as costume designer on Queer. It sounds as though this film is moving together quicker than thought.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoCganUq6i3/?hl=en
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

https://www.castingnetworks.com/news/vi ... ast-of-us/

DC was among the actors considered for the role of Joel in 'The Last of Us'.
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

DeuxMoi is running a report that Daniel is in talks to join Denis Villeneuve's Cleopatra film as Julius Caesar. Zendaya is said to be the top choice for the title role......

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

Sounds very interesting for me. BTW, I would love to see Daniel in a historical movie :D :D :D .
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Red-Snow wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:46 pm https://www.castingnetworks.com/news/vi ... ast-of-us/

DC was among the actors considered for the role of Joel in 'The Last of Us'.
To be honest I can't imagine anyone other than Pedro Pascal in that role. He is PERFECTION.