TV Alerts!

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

fond-of-bond

Post by fond-of-bond »

I got the impression Daniel was uncomfortable with the whole interview not just Russell's antics. It's obvious he doesn't like doing interviews, he's very shy, bless him!
He even said to Jonathan that he was monosyllabic and Jonathan would have to do most of the talking.

I don't think Daniel's dislike for Russell's harassment meant that he'd been abused in the past, he's just a very quiet and shy man and found it annoying. Who wouldn't?

He looked good, sounded good and made the others look like complete nerds.

How dare Jonathan Ross say he looks craggy and a handsome version of Sid James. He looked very embarrassed by that comment. :oops:

I thought he got through it very well and it was good to see him laughing. :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks SDF and FOB for the update. Was really looking forward to hearing at least a bit this morning. Soo looking forward to the vid.

With Jonathan Ross its a bit weird. They are friends, sort of at least, but he always seem to be having fun on Daniels cost - like the "Face is so beautiful to have a picnic on it" at the Baftas 06 or "The sexiest man in the room" Bafta 07 etc. He should know, he doesn´t like that, but still he keeps doing these things. I am sure, he knew that Russell guy would be crazy...hm.
If you know, someone is easily embarrased, you don´t play with that all the time IMHO :evil:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

redluna

Post by redluna »

Thanks SDF and FOB for the report. Can't wait to see it on YouTube!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

StarryDannyFan wrote:Oh they did talk about Flashback of a Fool, Daniel explained that he was struggled with it for 5 years until he got the part of Bond, he got the money and he was able to help out with the money at the end. He wanted to do something interesting, otherwise he would be bored. He said he still enjoys action films but he would like to do something that he loves doing and finds interesting. That is all.
Thank you SDF! :D :D

The part about Flashbacks of a fool is very interesting! I have no apprehension about this typecasting thing. Daniel is a great actor and I think the directors and producers know about that and that he doesn'nt dump this great talent. And every year or two a big box-office movie will make him capable of realizing such little treasures like Flashback!

And about this abuse.... I havn't seen the show, but here I'm with sigl!
It doesn't matter wheter this guy is straight or not I can imagine that Daniel doesn't like to be hugged by an asshole :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
tigerheart

Post by tigerheart »

fond-of-bond wrote:I got the impression Daniel was uncomfortable with the whole interview not just Russell's antics. It's obvious he doesn't like doing interviews, he's very shy, bless him!
He even said to Jonathan that he was monosyllabic and Jonathan would have to do most of the talking.

I don't think Daniel's dislike for Russell's harassment meant that he'd been abused in the past, he's just a very quiet and shy man and found it annoying. Who wouldn't?

He looked good, sounded good and made the others look like complete nerds.

How dare Jonathan Ross say he looks craggy and a handsome version of Sid James. He looked very embarrassed by that comment. :oops:

I thought he got through it very well and it was good to see him laughing. :D
I got a similar impression - Russell Brand just got in his face (which, for anyone who's not heard of him before, believe me is nothing out of the ordinary for the way this guy usually behaves!) and some of the stuff JR said was just for a cheap laugh :evil:

He did look pretty nervous before he went on, but he relaxed once JR stopped being an idiot and it was great to hear about the Golden Compass and that the rehearsals for Bond 22 are underway... and he did look good. His hair looked sort of brown to me - I wonder if that was for Defiance?

Edit: Have got the interview recorded so will try and get it posted to a download site/YouTube today if poss... :)
Dreaming as always...

Do you want the truth...or something beautiful?
Mel-DC

Post by Mel-DC »

My recap:

i agree he looked uncomfortable, did ppl notice how he was sitting in his interview with his leg spread right across the floor? but i dont think they were particulaily horrible to him. all the way through everyones interviews the kept sayin how handsome he is and how the other guests must feel intimidated cos hes so good looking.

i think he reacted ok to the russell thing. when russell went bk to the green rm, he said he was goin to hug daniel, and when he got there dan was gone- i think it was dan messing around, pretending to run away from him.

btw, russell isnt gay he just said if he was he would fancy dan. he was really nice about him and said dan has a great aura coming off him and he is gentle and nice, like a 'sexy dad' i think he called him.

Ps did anyone notice when they were tking bout flasbacks of a fool, they showed a poster on the screen, which had the pic of dan in the 'men who cry' charity shoot thing? i think it was a fake poster.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

StarryDannyFan wrote:Erm, about the abuse thing - Daniel seemed really uncomfortable with Russell - he was trying to avoid Russell and Russell tried to hug him and was leery. Jon mentioned it must felt like harrassment or abuse and Daniel nodded seriously and didn't say anything else - I wondered why Jon would say that. I didn't think he was joking. Why would he mention that out of the blue - it was a bit odd.
As I said earlier, I haven't seen it ( :( ), yet!

But this abuse-thing..... Could it be possible that it wasn't mentioned out of the blue. As fas as I know Russel Brand has just written his bio and there he told that he was abused as child by a neighbour who was a paedophiliac. And his family has drawn the curtain over it... he has problems with drugs and is a sex-maniac and not a very lucky man, I suppose.
Could it be, that Jonathan hade made an allusion to this bio?
And Daniel didn't anything else, because I can imagine what he's thinking about a guy who tells his intimate secrets to the public in a book!
Maybe he was embarrassed but in another way.

And maybe I'm totally wrong.... :lol:
I need to watch this show at all costs.....

tigerheart

Post by tigerheart »

Mel-DC wrote:My recap:

i agree he looked uncomfortable, did ppl notice how he was sitting in his interview with his leg spread right across the floor? but i dont think they were particulaily horrible to him. all the way through everyones interviews the kept sayin how handsome he is and how the other guests must feel intimidated cos hes so good looking.

i think he reacted ok to the russell thing. when russell went bk to the green rm, he said he was goin to hug daniel, and when he got there dan was gone- i think it was dan messing around, pretending to run away from him.

btw, russell isnt gay he just said if he was he would fancy dan. he was really nice about him and said dan has a great aura coming off him and he is gentle and nice, like a 'sexy dad' i think he called him.

Ps did anyone notice when they were tking bout flasbacks of a fool, they showed a poster on the screen, which had the pic of dan in the 'men who cry' charity shoot thing? i think it was a fake poster.
I agree that it could've been worse than it was, but I think Jonathan Ross just felt like he had to act more daft than Russell Brand, which really irritated me... :x
Dreaming as always...

Do you want the truth...or something beautiful?
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Germangirl wrote:With Jonathan Ross its a bit weird. They are friends, sort of at least, but he always seem to be having fun on Daniels cost - like the "Face is so beautiful to have a picnic on it" at the Baftas 06
Actually that was Stephen Fry who said Daniel's face was "of outstanding natural beauty, which makes it the perfect place to sit on and have a picnic" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Anglophile wrote:
Germangirl wrote:With Jonathan Ross its a bit weird. They are friends, sort of at least, but he always seem to be having fun on Daniels cost - like the "Face is so beautiful to have a picnic on it" at the Baftas 06
Actually that was Stephen Fry who said Daniel's face was "of outstanding natural beauty, which makes it the perfect place to sit on and have a picnic" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Welcome to the smarty pants club :twisted:
I like to be accompanied :twisted:

Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Dunda wrote:
Anglophile wrote:
Welcome to the smarty pants club :twisted:
I like to be accompanied :twisted:
The more the merrier :twisted:
Crazy!
louiethedog

Post by louiethedog »

It is interesting that after all the attention and interviews when he's interviewed on tv he seems to become totally monosyllabic, which when you read articles you realise he isn't. He did seem so nervous last night it felt like he needed a big hug ( and not from Russell B!) but he was very smiley despite all the ribbing from Jonathan R. He looked so small on the at sofa too, I don't know what all the business is about having to loose weight or anything, he just looks like he's lost the muscle but didn't look flabby in any way. There was a nice bit towards the end when he muttered something under his breath and JR asked him if he had sworn - hopefully that will get picked up on youtube or somewhere, don't ask me what he was swearing about - I had to go upstairs and watch in in bed as partner wouldn't let me watch it on the big tv.
Misha

Post by Misha »

Daniel looked a bit uncomfortable with Russell's teasing, but to say that Daniel may have been abused as the root cause of that discomfort is quite a stretch. I think Daniel is just one of those people who doesn't like being the butt of someone else's joke. I mean who does?

It also seems that he doesn't like his "personal space" invaded, like a lot of people. Remember in some of his past interviews where he stated that he doesn't like to be made a fool of? All in all, he handled it well and Russell Brand WAS rather annoying. I also have the interview, I just need to upload it.

Michelle
Ang

Post by Ang »

I'm not surprised he was nervous. Jonathan Ross can be a great interviewer because he's not too sycophantic (see his interview with Daniel on Film 2006) but on his own show he has a tendency to play to the crowd and often does or says the first thing he thinks off, which can on occasion make for some funny off-the cuff moments but it can also be absolutely mortifying!

He said some unnecessarily offensive stuff to Nicole Kidman when she was on before, really sexist I thought, like his joke yesterday :roll: , and last week for no reason at all at the end of an interview with Jimmy Carr, the comedian, he started slagging off what Jimmy was wearing and then just lunged at him and ripped his shirt off! :shock: Jimmy took it well but it was over the mark as far as I'm concerned, it stopped being funny and became bullying.

Daniel had a bit of that last night and understadably was a bit uncomfortable but he took it well and thankfully Jonathan didn't try anything stupid. Russell Brand can be annoying but I find him funny and I don't think the stuff he said about Daniel was too bad, if anything the fact that it got a good laugh at Daniel's expense made it unnecessary for Jonathan to do too much wacky stuff during Daniel's interview.

Not Daniel's best interview but could have been worse, nice seeing him on tv again anyway!
Amethyst

Post by Amethyst »

I thought the interview went really well although you could see Daniel felt uncomfortable at first. In fact the poor cameraman had difficulty keeping him in the picture he was moving about so much! Jonathan did help him to relax a bit but he's such a devil with his joking and winding-up. I didn't think there was any need to make fun of him with reference to Sid James (very craggy-faced actor no longer with us) and he still managed to get the speedos/sea scene in even though he knows Daniel hates it being mentioned. That being said, I like JR and think he's a natural comedian but goes over the top at times. However, he does usually put people at their ease and everyone has a laugh with him. I liked Jack Dee, Russell Brand was silly (as usual) and Daniel was really great in the circumstances. (In fact I could imagine Daniel and Jack getting on quite well, don't you think?)

BTW I agree that Daniel was just pretending to hide from Russell when he went back to the green room and I don't think there was any hidden 'abuse' thing going on.
"You pop your cork, you flip your lid, you are definitely off the stick!"
SOME VOICES