Quantum of Solace

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Mel-DC wrote:hehehe that was an accident! but its very funny! ive changed my av. to a small one now cos i havent got time to make it smaller, thanks for the tip tho german girl :)
but not THAT small :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:
Mel-DC wrote:hehehe that was an accident! but its very funny! ive changed my av. to a small one now cos i havent got time to make it smaller, thanks for the tip tho german girl :)
I agree - one hardly sees you now :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

fond-of-bond

Post by fond-of-bond »

Germangirl wrote:
Dunda wrote:
I agree - one hardly sees you now :lol:
Mel, you've gone from one extreme to the other. We need a magnifying glass now. :lol:
Mel-DC

Post by Mel-DC »

hehehehhe, yep its very small, i cant find a medium sized one of him on google, theyre all too big! :shock:
redluna

Post by redluna »

Mel-DC wrote:hehehehhe, yep its very small, i cant find a medium sized one of him on google, theyre all too big! :shock:
Try this link: http://www.bilder-verkleinern.de/
You can upload a pic and resize it
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

funnlim

Post by funnlim »

Don't mean to sound like an idiot but when I first heard of the title I was thinking sci-fi meets math genius? But as I begin to hear the title more and more and the prospect how the name will be screwed up by us here in Malaysia (some did call Finding Nemo as Fighting Nemo), I really like the title. Very un-bond-ish but quite interesting because now everyone will want to know what does it mean and how does it tie with the story? Will keep us all guessing until nov.

But really what does it mean?

Daniel says a spark of niceness. If it doesn't exist in a relationship anymore, the relationship is over.

Has anyone read this short story before? Any comments on the title? Did Ian Fleming made it up?

And is Daniel's hair brown now? Because one article said he became from blonde to brown and he looked years younger. I thought he's still blonde but darker blonde?
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

funnlim wrote:Don't mean to sound like an idiot but when I first heard of the title I was thinking sci-fi meets math genius? But as I begin to hear the title more and more and the prospect how the name will be screwed up by us here in Malaysia (some did call Finding Nemo as Fighting Nemo), I really like the title. Very un-bond-ish but quite interesting because now everyone will want to know what does it mean and how does it tie with the story? Will keep us all guessing until nov.

But really what does it mean?

Daniel says a spark of niceness. If it doesn't exist in a relationship anymore, the relationship is over.

Has anyone read this short story before? Any comments on the title? Did Ian Fleming made it up?

And is Daniel's hair brown now? Because one article said he became from blonde to brown and he looked years younger. I thought he's still blonde but darker blonde?
This was buried in another thread, hope it answers your question.

Technically quantum solace, means a discrete (known quantity) of comfort
Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Quantum of Solace

'Quantum of Solace' is not a spy story and Bond appears only in the background. Told in the style of W Somerset Maugham, the tale has Bond attending a boring dinner party at the Government House in Nassau with a group of socialites he can't stand.

Bond makes an offensive remark after dinner when the other guests have left in order to stimulate conversation. This solicits a careful reply from the elderly Governor of The Bahamas who tells 007 a sad tale about a relationship between former civil servant Philip Masters stationed in Bermuda and air hostess Rhoda Llewellyn. After meeting aboard a flight to London the two eventually married but after a time Rhoda became unhappy with her life as a housewife. She then began a long open affair with the eldest son of a rich Bermudan family. As a result Masters' work deteriorated and he suffered a nervous breakdown. After recovering he was given a break from Bermuda by the governor and sent on an assignment to Washington to negotiate fishing rights with the US. At the same time the governor's wife had a talk with Rhoda just as her affair ended. Masters returned a few months later and decided to end his marriage, although he and Rhoda continued to appear as a happy couple in public. Masters returned alone to the UK, leaving a penniless Rhoda stranded in Bermuda, an act which he'd been incapable of carrying out merely months earlier. But Masters never recovered emotionally, his vital spark never relit. The governor goes on to tell Bond how after a time Rhoda married a rich Canadian and seems to be happy, telling Bond that his dull dinner companions whom he found so boring were Rhoda and her new husband.

While the story does not include action elements, as other Fleming tales do, it attempts to posit that Bond's adventures pale in comparison with real life drama. Bond reflects that the lives of the people he passes somewhat superficial judgments upon can in fact hide poignant episodes.

Quantum of Solace has been announced as the name of the 22nd Bond movie, [1] although it remains to be seen if any elements of the story will be retained.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_Your_E ... _Solace.27
Crazy!
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

I read in a tabloid paper today that Gemma Arterton should have revealed that her character is getting married to Bond in QOS..
gugita14

Post by gugita14 »

Cicero wrote:I read in a tabloid paper today that Gemma Arterton should have revealed that her character is getting married to Bond in QOS..
Yes I just found that article right now! She said that she filmed a scene with him in a Honey moon suite but it may just be that they have a sex scene in there or something. Not necessarily get married. Here's the article.

http://www.ndtvmovies.com/newstory.asp? ... 0080039758

And here:

http://www.pr-inside.com/craig-to-wed-i ... 409898.htm
JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

Cicero wrote:I read in a tabloid paper today that Gemma Arterton should have revealed that her character is getting married to Bond in QOS..
I'm undecided as to Gemma. She's only six years older than Daniel's daughter. She's cute, like the girl next door, but she doesn't strike me as a Bond girl.
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Ok, here in Denmark there was a big headline saying "Bond is going to marry". First I thought it was Craig and Satsuki but I suppose the papers can make many stories out of Arterton mentioning a bridal suite...
In my opinion it will not make sense if Bond gets married in QOS when he was so hurt after Vesper's death.
gugita14

Post by gugita14 »

Cicero wrote:Ok, here in Denmark there was a big headline saying "Bond is going to marry". First I thought it was Craig and Satsuki but I suppose the papers can make many stories out of Arterton mentioning a bridal suite...
In my opinion it will not make sense if Bond gets married in QOS when he was so hurt after Vesper's death.
That's exactly what I mean. People just blew it into poportion I think. What I think she really meant was that they're filming a sex scene or something together.
funnlim

Post by funnlim »

I doubt they're getting married. Probably undercover, probably kissed but sex? Probably not.

Anyway I have no problem with her actual age since in pictures she looks older than the main bond girl. It is acting and as time goes by he will probably act with someone younger. His daughter's age to me is irrelevant since if you look at it this way eva Green was young too.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

SPOILER ALERT

The filming, focussed upon the start of April, will be preceded by enormous preparations in Salicotto. Some extraordinary chase scenes across the ancient rooftops of the city are expected. The ten condominiums between Rialto and Vicolo dell’Oro will be affected. Contacts have spent days here making preparations with the inhabitants for the necessary permits. For many days, there will be difficulty parking in the entire area, but the production seems to be convincing and the timeless fascination with 007 has quietened the most tenacious of opponents. Perhaps directly following on from the scene presented at the press conference in London [the art gallery explosion], the flight of 007 will resume on the historical rooftops of Siena, wonderfully without television antennas thanks to the wiring that allowed the unattractive antennas to be eliminated from the skyline of our city. The roofs will be practically reconstructed in order to allow large machinery to find support for filming. The race will be breathtakingly filmed from the sky upon specially constructed trusses. Preparations will start on 11 February and last until early April. Then, it is written in the contracts, it will take only a few days to film everything. But nothing is left to chance. Contracts, assurances, skills - the production knows that Siena is a treasure to be treated with due respect. At the bottom of the Rialto, on the corner of Vannello, they will even build an entire palace.
http://debrief.commanderbond.net/index. ... opic=45086