Quantum of Solace

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

funnlim wrote:I read about the cross fire in Panama is it? Very dangerous. I wonder are they all ok? Why film at a place so violent? There are plenty of exotic locations. This is worrying. I hope they're fine. Who knows what gangs will do?
They had to quit shooting for half a day...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Liverpool Rules

Post by Liverpool Rules »

Germangirl wrote:
funnlim wrote:I read about the cross fire in Panama is it? Very dangerous. I wonder are they all ok? Why film at a place so violent? There are plenty of exotic locations. This is worrying. I hope they're fine. Who knows what gangs will do?
They had to quit shooting for half a day...
Here is a small article on it. I thought it was a joke!

JAMES BOND - BOND STARS CAUGHT IN GANG WARS

JAMES BOND star DANIEL CRAIG escaped injury on the set of new movie QUANTUM OF SOLACE after gang wars erupted in Central America Cast and crew were caught in a gun battle between rival gangsters during filming for the next installment of the superspy franchise in Panama. Armed guards have now been called in to guard the film's cast and crew in fear of further attacks. A representative of EON Productions, which makes the Bond films, says, "We hope that filming should be able to go ahead as normal from now on. None of the cast have been harmed."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/ar ... rs_1059716
Last edited by Liverpool Rules on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Ideleted my other post, because it seems - thank God - to be the b***s***, that I hoped for.

It's all bullocks about the "gangs story". There were demonstrations that had nothing to do with gangs (labor agreement with the construction companies; nothing remotely related to gangs or the james bond movie) . Filming was stopped for half a day because of this, but there were no bullets flying around the streets of the city.
A police office did shoot a person in another province of panama, far, far away from panama city.
I am from Panama and really feel bad for lousy tabloid newspapers trying to spin stories to make a buck.

Of course, the truth might lay in between :roll:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Liverpool Rules

Post by Liverpool Rules »

Germangirl wrote:Ideleted my other post, because it seems - thank God - to be the b***s***, that I hoped for.

It's all bullocks about the "gangs story". There were demonstrations that had nothing to do with gangs (labor agreement with the construction companies; nothing remotely related to gangs or the james bond movie) . Filming was stopped for half a day because of this, but there were no bullets flying around the streets of the city.
A police office did shoot a person in another province of panama, far, far away from panama city.
I am from Panama and really feel bad for lousy tabloid newspapers trying to spin stories to make a buck.

I hope everyone is alright.
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Germangirl wrote:Ideleted my other post, because it seems - thank God - to be the b***s***, that I hoped for.

Hello Germangirl - there is a new poster on the CommanderBond.net forum named "bondrules" who says the same thing and also says he/she is an extra on the QoS set right now in Panama. Do you know anything about this? How exciting to be an extra!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cornell01 wrote:

Hello Germangirl - there is a new poster on the CommanderBond.net forum named "bondrules" who says the same thing and also says he/she is an extra on the QoS set right now in Panama. Do you know anything about this? How exciting to be an extra!!
Its the very same - and here his some more. All is fine :D

Today, 09:55 PM

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCr ... SN13393570

No gangs. Not even related to the movie. The crew is safe and sound, and I am an extra on the set. I worked on the movie last week at the hotel scene, and I am working all of next week on the set as well. Things are 100% normal. That crappy newspaper deserves to get sued.

Today, 09:50 PM
Bond film producers set the record straight

Last week a rather nasty story came out in the British press that the film crews were being robbed and hassled by gangsters in the old town. Read the story at La Prensa.

"It's not true that we have had some big problem in Panama," said Barbara Broccoli, a producer of the new James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace, which is being filmed at several locations in Panama.

Broccoli, together with producers Callum McDougall and Michael G. Wilson went on to say that they were never attacked by a gang here, as was reported last weekend by the British Daily Star.

Wilson joked that the only thing he had lost in the last few days was "cheese."

Broccoli, who is the daughter of legendary producer Albert R. Broccoli, creator of the James Bond film saga, said they are very happy in Panama. "Everyone is very friendly and helpful. . .it's a beautiful country, and the government has offered us its collaboration," she added.
oday, 09:55 PM

louise

Post by louise »

I am so glad that everything seems to be ok in Panama where the filming
of QOS is progressing. I have been so worried as I have lost 3 people so close to me recently and I COULD NOT BEAR SOMETHING HAPPENING TO DANIEL. I think perhaps that I am over-reacting but am nonetheless concerned. :(

ignore this message just me being morose after two much alchohol. :?
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

louise wrote:I am so glad that everything seems to be ok in Panama where the filming
of QOS is progressing. I have been so worried as I have lost 3 people so close to me recently and I COULD NOT BEAR SOMETHING HAPPENING TO DANIEL. I think perhaps that I am over-reacting but am nonetheless concerned. :(

ignore this message just me being morose after two much alchohol. :?
Louise ... I sympathise, my lovie. When I first heard about the dangers a week ago, I lost a whole day cause all I could do was sit and worry about Danny. It must show I'm curious because I keep watching the news for any information on the QOS set. If only I wasn't a worrier by nature.

GG - Big thanks to you for keeping us all updated on this and for letting us know how things really are!!!
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

This whole Panama riots and QoS duck is again a very good reminder that everything you read in the newspapers is not necessarily true! The Daily Star story was just a wonderful work of fiction combining several facts in quite a creative way... I always wonder how they have the nerve to do such stuff?!

Grip
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I often wonder, why they even find time to right stories, when they should be covered to their haed with lawsuits :evil:
A journalist friend of mine told me, that they use words, that make it sometimes impossible to sue them, even if you want to. For the normal reader, that doesn´t show, of course.

gugita14

Post by gugita14 »

This story has me so worried for Daniel. :( I know he'll be okay though. :D

Go here.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/2 ... GUNFIGHT-/
zonzi

Post by zonzi »

gugita14 wrote:This story has me so worried for Daniel. :( I know he'll be okay though. :D

Go here.

Unbelievable ! with htese damn gunfights ! :evil:
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

gugita14 wrote:This story has me so worried for Daniel. :( I know he'll be okay though. :D

Go here.

I also got worried about Daniel when I read it. Glad he'll be okay, couldn't bear something happening to him...
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
funnlim

Post by funnlim »

If that is really the truth then the tabloids have been over the top over the story. It is really bad for tourism and all. I am glad it was never about QOS.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

License to... chill! That was the latest perk bestowed upon Daniel Craig while shooting Quantum of Solace, installment No. 22 of the ever-popular James Bond series.
On Friday, Daniel, 39, remained out of harm’s way as his stunt double performed a fight scene on location in Panama City, Panama (seen above). The film, costarring Judi Dench and Jeffrey Wright, is scheduled for release in November.