Quantum of Solace

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

Lu, I concur. I think people forget just where Punta Arenas is. Look at google maps to gain a perspective that Punta Arenas is the southernmost city on Earth, overlooking the Straits of Magellan. The very tip of Chile. I'd be a little disoriented landing there in the dark. Not to mention any type of jet lag or air sickness they may have experienced.

Pete Wentz and the Fall Out Boys are in Punta Arenas now, trying to travel to Antarctica for a concert. They've had their travel plans delayed due to bad weather canceling all flights. And northern Chile just experienced a 6.2 magnitude earthquake.

http://icecreamhdaches.livejournal.com/355352.html
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

'Fraid I hold absolutely no court with Daniel being a prima donna. As GG said, we do not know the reasons. The shoot for QOS has been going on for a few months now and Daniel has already confessed to feeling physically worn down by the huge number of stunts he has been doing himself. The guy is only human, for goodness sake. He is going to get tired and he is going to get cranky. And over-the-top media intervention is not going to make his life any easier. I only worry about whether he's ok. Sod what the publicity mill has to say.
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Remember those guys who wrote that were probably pissed that he didn't give them an interview right there on the spot. I know I wouldn't want to, if I knew I had to do a press conference two days later anyway. :roll:
That's the way press people are - if you don't do what they want you to, they'll diss you.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

okay, any more news on this press conference?
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Anglophile wrote:Remember those guys who wrote that were probably pissed that he didn't give them an interview right there on the spot. I know I wouldn't want to, if I knew I had to do a press conference two days later anyway. :roll:
That's the way press people are - if you don't do what they want you to, they'll diss you.
I remembered that blog written by a girl extra in Panama. She wrote something like she was given an awful dress, had 2 stay on set 4 the wohole night bla bla bla like she was so annoyed that she wasnt given high class treatment on the set :lol:
I have no doubt he's not a prima donna but a lot of people believe such papers unfortunately. Sometimes I want these papers to wright about Pitt and Jolie etc. instead of Dan, but we get new photos so these reporters can actually be useful :lol:
P S He really looks so tired, poor boy.
The thing interests me the most after endless information about action sequences is whether or not it will be an all-action movie. I read some worrying members' posts on CBn forums and would like 2 know your opinion on that. :? I hope it will successfully balance action things with dialogue, story/character development etc. I believe in Mark, Dan, Mathew, Producers and all but sometimes I start to worry (as you have already noticed Im the worrying kind :lol:) that Mark may be tired of making artsy films like Monst ball and will relax by making a popcorn action film. Btw I have nothing against popcorn films, but 8)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Elvenstar wrote:
Anglophile wrote:Remember those guys who wrote that were probably pissed that he didn't give them an interview right there on the spot. I know I wouldn't want to, if I knew I had to do a press conference two days later anyway. :roll:
I remembered that blog written by a girl extra in Panama. She wrote something like she was given an awful dress, had 2 stay on set 4 the wohole night bla bla bla like she was so annoyed that she wasnt given high class treatment on the set :lol:
I have no doubt he's not a prima donna but a lot of people believe such papers unfortunately. Sometimes I want these papers to wright about Pitt and Jolie etc. instead of Dan, but we get new photos so these reporters can actually be useful :lol:

I am sure, they do - only we don´t pay attention. I think there are very few celebs, that don´t get bashed by the reporters. Writing bad stuff just sells better - and that´s all that counts for todays so called journalists, at least for those papers.

P S He really looks so tired, poor boy.
The thing interests me the most after endless information about action sequences is whether or not it will be an all-action movie. I read some worrying members' posts on CBn forums and would like 2 know your opinion on that. :? I hope it will successfully balance action things with dialogue, story/character development etc. I believe in Mark, Dan, Mathew, Producers and all but sometimes I start to worry (as you have already noticed Im the worrying kind :lol:) that Mark may be tired of making artsy films like Monst ball and will relax by making a popcorn action film. Btw I have nothing against popcorn films, but 8)
I know what you mean, I am reading them too. What I think is, they hired Mark Forster as someone, who is good in character development and at the beginning he and Dan have said, the film is a lot about that. What we hear now, is about the action, because how much interest would you raise, when reporting about how there was going on a deep, difficult or whatnot dialog? M. Wilson has said, there will be a lot more action - yes, but it seems they have a large one at the beginning, just like in CR - boat chase and Siena roof tops and after that I think, we´ll see sequences like the stairwell fight, which will be short and well - brutal.
I think, they might be riding a bit on the fact, that Daniel is capable to do a lot of action, which they didn´t know for CR but have every faith, they won´t overdo it. They would be VERY stupid, if they did and Dan and Mark have pointed out, how much they liked the script. The film so far strickes me as very retro, dark, From Russia with Love - like, which is a good thing.

The guys at the other boards are getting all excited about perhaps using CGI and too many gadgets, but when I see how much effort they take to make it all real (real locations, the most modern equipment you can have) I think, we are save here.

So - in my book - the film has a chance to be even better than CR :D

Fingers crosses lots of times for that...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Germangirl wrote:What I think is, they hired Mark Forster as someone, who is good in character development and at the beginning he and Dan have said, the film is a lot about that. What we hear now, is about the action, because how much interest would you raise, when reporting about how there was going on a deep, difficult or whatnot dialog?
Exactly. I don't believe for a second that it's going to be all action and gadgets. Didn't Daniel say he was happy with the title "Quantum of Solace" because it refers to relationships and that's what the movie was basically about, Bond's relationship to Vesper (and women in general)?
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

I really really hope there is a dance scene.
louise

Post by louise »

You know what so do I, I cannot really remember him dancing in a film apart from some voices although he must have danced in a film other than that one i shall have to think about this. :?
I would dearly love to see him dance I know he would be good. :D
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

louise wrote:You know what so do I, I cannot really remember him dancing in a film apart from some voices although he must have danced in a film other than that one i shall have to think about this. :?
He danced in Sylvia.
Crazy!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

louise wrote:You know what so do I, I cannot really remember him dancing in a film apart from some voices although he must have danced in a film other than that one i shall have to think about this. :?
He danced in Sylvia and in RtP!

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Dunda wrote:
That's right, he did dance in Road... Smarty Pants!
Crazy!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Dunda wrote:
and how could I forget Hotel Splendide (kinda afterplay :twisted: :oops: )

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Dunda wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Dunda wrote: He danced in Sylvia and in RtP!
and how could I forget Hotel Splendide (kinda afterplay :twisted: :oops: )
Very true, we should be ashamed!
Crazy!
louise

Post by louise »

Of course I just needed my memory jogging i bet some bright spark will come up with another instance, I actually dont remember him dancing in RtP oh well an excuse to go and watch it. :D