Quantum of Solace

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Stuntman in serious but stable condition after accident

Two stuntmen filming a scene for the new James Bond movie were recovering Friday after they were involved in an accident on the shores of Italy's Lake Garda, a spokeswoman for the production company told CNN.

Aris Comninos, 40, is in serious but stable condition after the accident Wedneday in an Alfa Romeo, said a spokeswoman for Eon Productions in London, who asked that her name not be used. Stuntman Bruno Verdirosi, whose age was not given, suffered minor injuries in the crash.

Filming of the latest movie, Quantum of Solace, was suspended while the accident is investigated, Eon Productions said in a statement.

The spokeswoman confirmed two other incidents in the past week on the shores of Lake Garda in northern Italy, but said numerous reports of a series of accidents and injuries on the set are incorrect.

She said a "very, very, very minor" incident happened this week while filming the same sequence but no one was hurt. She said it did not involve the two stuntmen hurt in Wednesday's accident.

Saturday, she said, an Aston Martin was involved in an accident while being delivered to a publicity shoot for the movie. Italian media showed pictures of a wrecked Aston Martin being fished out of Lake Garda on Saturday.

The spokeswoman said the car was not being used in the movie and had been driven by an Aston Martin employee.

"It wasn't on the filming set and none of our cast and crew witnessed or was involved in the accident," she said.

Quantum of Solace is the 22nd James Bond film and the second one to star Daniel Craig. It is due for release worldwide in November.

While not involved in filming Quantum of Solace, stuntman Jim Dowdall -- who trained Comninos -- acknowledged his line of work is increasingly dangerous.

"Cinemagoers demand more and greater stunt action because CGI (computer-generated images) and computers have failed to give them the mix that the quality of doing it for real brings to people," Dowdall told CNN from Maidstone, England.

"We are pushing the envelope further, but we have the advantage each time with more and more safety factors," he said. "But in the end, it's not a science."

Dowdall said he and Comninos have both had to go through Britain's strictly regulated system for stuntmen which requires qualification in six of about 20 sports considered applicable for stuntwork, followed by a probationary period.

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=6179
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Just a heads up.

The new edition of Empire magazine (the one with a the 3D cover of The Hulk) has a three page article about the filming of QOS with a few nice pics of Danny. Nothing major, but nice to see nontheless! :)
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Sat May 07, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

From a norwegian magazine. Sorry for the bad upload, I don't have a scannar. It's about that Daniel is doing everything to look as good as he did in CR in the upcoming Bond-movie. The article also says that he got a truck with beauti products delievered on the set....

JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

Aragorn, from your picture, I wonder what is the sammenrulle sokk? :P
redluna

Post by redluna »

JoniJoni wrote:Aragorn, from your picture, I wonder what is the sammenrulle sokk? :P
sounds like: coiled up sock :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

redluna wrote:
JoniJoni wrote:Aragorn, from your picture, I wonder what is the sammenrulle sokk? :P
sounds like: coiled up sock :lol: :lol: :lol:
It doesn't only sound like this :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Misha

Post by Misha »

Aragorn wrote:From a norwegian magazine. Sorry for the bad upload, I don't have a scannar. It's about that Daniel is doing everything to look as good as he did in CR in the upcoming Bond-movie. The article also says that he got a truck with beauti products delievered on the set....

Babyolje - Baby oil

Øye-draper - Eye Drops

Øye-Krem - Eye Cream

Fuktig-hetskrem - Lotion

Iskaldt vann - Ice water

Spray tan

Negler - Nails (manicure)

Sammenrullet sokk - Rolled up Sock

Selvfolgelig hvet du at det meste av dette er oppspinn! :?
Last edited by Misha on Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Misha wrote: Babyolje - Baby oil

Øye-draper - Eye Drops

Øye-Krem - Eye Cream

Fuktighetskrem - Lotion

Iskaldt vann - Ice water

Spray tan

Thanks for translating it for me...I'm not good at that.....
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

To all the journalist publishing such a crappy bullshit:

Dear All,

I'm afraid, but I think that even a hundred truckloads of cosmetics wouldn't help YOU to look like HIM! :twisted:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Misha

Post by Misha »

Aragorn wrote:
Misha wrote: Babyolje - Baby oil

Øye-draper - Eye Drops

Øye-Krem - Eye Cream

Fuktighetskrem - Lotion

Iskaldt vann - Ice water

Spray tan

Thanks for translating it for me...I'm not good at that.....
No Problem. ;) And I agree with Dunda!
JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

Dunda wrote:To all the journalist publishing such a crappy bullshit:

Dear All,

I'm afraid, but I think that even a hundred truckloads of cosmetics wouldn't help YOU to look like HIM! :twisted:

The journalist is very familiar with a Sammenrulle sokk. :twisted: :lol:
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

JoniJoni wrote: The journalist is very familiar with a Sammenrullet sokk. :twisted: :lol:
Maybe you're right.... :lol: :twisted:
advicky

Post by advicky »

I have read a lot of articles. I think I have read new articles almost every day since the beginning of the shooting. Is this the only movie which is made nowadays?
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Dear All,

[/quote]

I agree, but why does he wear the mascara (or dye his lashes), as per FoaF premiere? It looks unnatural and slightly odd. I prefer the sun bleached blonde lashes. I hope QoS Bond hasn't gotten too in touch with his feminine side.