"The Subtle Knife" is on its way!

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

That is good news. I thoroughly enjoyed TGC despite Daniels lack of scenes. I think TGC is a 'slow burner' of a movie and the dvd has been number one in the charts for some weeks, so I've heard. I think a sequel deserves to be made. It will be a quality movie that will entertain and entrance. If they can run a sequel to "Narnia" then they can damn well do the sequels for TGC. Such intense creativity of all who were involved in TGC should not go to waste! I wish all those involved the best of luck with the project and I look forward to seeing it in cinemas in 2009!! :D
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

I just noted that the Golden Compass DVD has sold 25 000 copies in Finland already in preorders... And it seems to be still at the top 10 or so in the sales after a month out, which is not bad. So, if it sells that well here, where the book was no great big success, maybe auditions for The Subtle Knife should not be such a great big surprise...

Grip
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

I just checked out the site again and here's the latest development:
Miquita Says:
June 23rd, 2008 at 11:30 am

err…. we’re not sure anymore

since E.P (Elizabeth Pargeter) has had an eating disorder, i am going t have to have to say it is unsure whether or not she will be playing Angelica. But facts have not been put on the web, because she does not wish to be greatly exposed to the media yet. the chances are, since she is quite seriously ill, they could choose another girl to play the part. but don’t question my facts, please, the only reason it has not been fully publicised is because, she, her parents, and her agent do not wish her to be fully exposed. (she is, after all only 12!)

Miquita

WEBSTITE ADMIN Says:
June 24th, 2008 at 5:37 am

User: Miquita has been banned.
Please start a new topic of discussion, not involving the previous subject. Will you be watching it if it comes out?

Thanks For Blogging

subtlefan Says:

June 25th, 2008 at 8:25 am

I said I would just observe, but bridgetothestarsnet has some rumblings on their discussion forum (under message boards, golden compass movie discussion) about this being greenlit. They are remaining somewhat skeptical, but acknowledge a glimmer of hope. They pretty much bash Miquita’s claims and the wiki claims, but because IMDB has moved Subtle Knife info under IMDB Pro, it could mean it is in development. Again, it still doesn’t mean much, but it isn’t in the trash yet. BTTS has been a pretty reliable source, and they don’t get ahead of themselves.

So on top of the fair amount of doubt about her statement that the movie is already in pre-production, there was also a decision to ban the poster named Miquita, who works at Scholastic, for outing the young actress as having an eating disorder. (How stupid can you get to do such a thing on an open blog site? :roll: ) Which is annoying because she seemed to be somehow involved in the auditions.
Oh well. As the other poster said, more reliable sources are "remaining somewhat skeptical, but acknowledge a glimmer of hope", so I'm still hoping it's true that the second movie is underway. :|
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~