SkyFall news and related tweets

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Once again tboss shows her true colors, being the superficial shallow person I am, the cover is what I am interested in.
At least I admit my shallow self.
Don,t think I believe for a minute our Bond is Dead or fallon off the face of the planet. He is on other assignmenets. :twisted: :blowkiss:
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

khenton wrote:I am so with you guys. I just think it is interesting and pardon I have no perspective 'cause I think DC's Bond is way beyond hot. But there seems to be quite alot of attention on getting or not getting this movie made. I wonder why. Just because it was a money maker or what? Was Bond just off my radar for all those years 'cause nothing about the series after Sean Connery(except for Tim Dalton) was interesting? Are there that many Bond fans or just that many people who want to make money or that many DC fans. K.
You like Dalton too , so do I and Cornell1 .
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Timothy Dalton. Yessssssss!!!
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

khenton wrote:I am so with you guys. I just think it is interesting and pardon I have no perspective 'cause I think DC's Bond is way beyond hot. But there seems to be quite alot of attention on getting or not getting this movie made. I wonder why. Just because it was a money maker or what? Was Bond just off my radar for all those years 'cause nothing about the series after Sean Connery(except for Tim Dalton) was interesting? Are there that many Bond fans or just that many people who want to make money or that many DC fans. K.
My uninformed opinion - reasons are those you've stated.
Also my uninformed opinion - what GG's been saying that of course Bond movies will continue.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I liken the current difficulties with Bond 23 to a totally unrelated story I read in my local paper the other day...... There will shortly be the much anticipated Air Festival in my town and the Red Arrows headline the event. The paper headline screamed that the fleet would have to pull out because all planes had been grounded due to an 'ejector seat problem'. The very next day, they had to retract the story because the problem had been fixed. Admittedly, the fixing won't be so fast with Bond but it gives me hope that the movie will be back on track sometime soon. The media just like to predict or pre-empt disaster where-ever possible and, 9 times out of 10, it's unfounded. I'm still hopeful! :)
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

does anyone have any scans or links to the full ew article? Thanks! :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

So this could be interesting and the hoped change of fate.

From the Wall Street Journal:

Quote:

Spyglass Poised to Run MGM Studios

Spyglass Entertainment is nearing a deal to run Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. once the beleaguered film studio finishes restructuring a roughly $4 billion debt load later this summer, said people familiar with the matter.

MGM's creditors have hammered out financial details with Spyglass co-heads Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum and the two sides have spent the better part of this week negotiating the makeup of MGM's new board, they said.

Messrs. Barber and Birnbaum would run MGM as co-chief executives when the studio exits a streamlined bankruptcy later this year under the plan. A group of hedge funds who now control the company's fate have identified the pair as their best choice for reversing the ailing studio's fortunes.

Under the plan, Spyglass would merge parts of its film library with the MGM library. Spyglass would receive a 4% ownership stake in the reorganized MGM, the people said. Creditors would forgive all of MGM's debt for the bulk of the restructured studio's new equity, they said.

A deal could be done as soon as this week, the people said. MGM plans to peg its value at around $1.9 billion, the people said.

Once in bankruptcy, MGM could entertain other deals under an obligation to maximize the company's value for all creditors. MGM's creditors have left open pairing with other studio rivals, including Summit Entertainment and Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Both have made recent overtures, the people said.

MGM and Spyglass couldn't immediately be reached for comment. Summit and Lions Gate declined to comment.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... lenews_wsj
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From MI6
I've just found a wonderful quote:

As for moviegoers, this likely means Spyglass will quickly move forward with working out the co-financing on Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" and that a new James Bond film will be in production as early as next year. It's worth noting the 50th Anniversary of the first James Bond film, "Dr. No," is in 2012.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

Germangirl wrote:So this could be interesting and the hoped change of fate.

From the Wall Street Journal:

Quote:

Spyglass Poised to Run MGM Studios

Spyglass Entertainment is nearing a deal to run Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. once the beleaguered film studio finishes restructuring a roughly $4 billion debt load later this summer, said people familiar with the matter.

MGM's creditors have hammered out financial details with Spyglass co-heads Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum and the two sides have spent the better part of this week negotiating the makeup of MGM's new board, they said.

Messrs. Barber and Birnbaum would run MGM as co-chief executives when the studio exits a streamlined bankruptcy later this year under the plan. A group of hedge funds who now control the company's fate have identified the pair as their best choice for reversing the ailing studio's fortunes.

Under the plan, Spyglass would merge parts of its film library with the MGM library. Spyglass would receive a 4% ownership stake in the reorganized MGM, the people said. Creditors would forgive all of MGM's debt for the bulk of the restructured studio's new equity, they said.

A deal could be done as soon as this week, the people said. MGM plans to peg its value at around $1.9 billion, the people said.

Once in bankruptcy, MGM could entertain other deals under an obligation to maximize the company's value for all creditors. MGM's creditors have left open pairing with other studio rivals, including Summit Entertainment and Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Both have made recent overtures, the people said.

MGM and Spyglass couldn't immediately be reached for comment. Summit and Lions Gate declined to comment.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... lenews_wsj
Oh my, just tell me where the zillion dollar jackpot's to find at! :lol:
After that I only need the good fairy to tell me the lucky numbers O:)
Then I'd be a very rich girl who was able to finally handle the problem out for them... :dance2:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Chrissie65 wrote:
Then I'd be a very rich girl who was able to finally handle the problem out for them... :dance2:
It looks as if they MIGHT be able to work it out for themselves...fingers and toes crossed.

Just one thought - IF they get along with it and will be able to start shooting spring next year - that would mean again no real holidays for Daniel. And that with a cruelling 6 months schedule ahead of him. I hope, they give him some rest before they need him.
But he is a big boy - he will figure it out. They all probably did, before they let him sign on for Tattoo. How good, that this is under wraps before a new Bond deal could be made.

poppy

Post by poppy »

ooh fingers crossed this all comes off, am dying to see him as bond again
"she doesn't know what i do but she knows who i am......"
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I sniff good news. Could it really be possible?
khenton

Post by khenton »

I have my champagne on ice. K.
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

khenton wrote:I have my champagne on ice. K.
One months from now or earlier - we will know more. My bet is on earlier.

chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

Germangirl wrote:
Chrissie65 wrote:
It looks as if they MIGHT be able to work it out for themselves...fingers and toes crossed.

Just one thought - IF they get along with it and will be able to start shooting spring next year - that would mean again no real holidays for Daniel. And that with a cruelling 6 months schedule ahead of him. I hope, they give him some rest before they need him.
But he is a big boy - he will figure it out. They all probably did, before they let him sign on for Tattoo. How good, that this is under wraps before a new Bond deal could be made.
I'm willing to help HIM out in case he's too worn out after all of that!!!!! :wink:

I'm sure there are many many "nice" things I could - and would - do for HIM..... :drool: