JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

The chemistry between these two is so great to read about and witness and seems to bring DC to new comfort levels that we rarely see...I think they are going to miss each other very much after this week.
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

bumblebee wrote:The chemistry between these two is so great to read about and witness and seems to bring DC to new comfort levels that we rarely see...I think they are going to miss each other very much after this week.
I absolutely agree. I think they are so strong together and are connected in a deep friendship. Even I become sad when I think about them leaving each other :cry:. It seems like it was yesterday as we saw the opening night pics.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Fri May 06, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

You are so good to us, Daniel :D . Thanks..Maybe you should send it to her. Can you do that - to her tweet?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Fri May 06, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://suehodara.com/blog/2009/12/03/star-power/

We saw A Steady Rain tonight. And after a rousing performance (I actually heard a fellow audience member say “wow” at the end of the show), was an even better performance.

Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig were auctioning off items to raise money for Broadway Cares, like signed posters and programs. But, they went above and beyond by auctioning the actual shirts off their backs. Their shirts, along with their pants went for 10,000 (yes, ten thousand) a piece, for a total of 40,000 dollars.

It started out as one bidder getting to the ten thousand mark, with a theatre usher greasing the wheels by yelling at the eight thousand mark, “It’s Wolverene and James Bond, c’mon!” As Jackman played auctioneer with much aplomb, he realized that he could get multiple bids, instead of just one. He said humbly to the crowd, “I’ll give you my pants, sign it and everything to raise money.”

And so, four lucky bidders got an article of clothing, signed by the stars, along with photos and time with them backstage… Jackman used his and Craig’s celebrity with the best results tonight, harnessing their star power for the benefit of those who need it most.

And it was a win win for us all… as we got to see a show after the show.
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://sdgln.com/social/2009/12/04/filt ... ber-4-2009

I have to be very quiet. One of the most gorgeous men on the planet is sleeping just inches away from me. Daniel Craig, "James Bond" himself, is on the other side of my headboard. Admittedly, there's a wall separating us, but since when has that stopped me? I must confess it's causing some interesting dreams. I never considered winching into Halle Berry's bikini...but for Danny, I'd be willing to give it a go. :shock:

This week, I'm in New York (where Craig and Jackman are completing their run of "A Steady Rain") seeing some shows, shmoozing with some celebs, all the while attempting to fly under the radar. I did catch Jude Law's "Hamlet" and loved everything about the production - except the ending which fell flat. The new cast of "God of Carnage" is wonderful - particularly Christine Lahti. Annie Potts is slow to get going, but once she does, she's dynamite. And the new provocative gay play "Loaded" features compelling performances by still-sexy Kevin Spirtas and Scott Kerns. Yes, there's full-frontal nudity. No, I didn't get it for posterity. Sometimes I'm on my best behavior.
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/13 ... un_Dec%206

A Steady Rain, Keith Huff's two-character police drama starring Tony Award winner Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig, plays its final performance at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre Dec. 6 at 7 PM. Upon closing, the production will have played 21 previews and 81 regular performances.
ImageImage
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Tonight's show was really truly amazing. Great audience/cast chemistry. Lots of luminaries, well-heeled NYers, cast's family and friends. And Daniel shaved off his mustache before leaving the theater :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Auction at end - two t-shirts and two custom-made teddy bears (Joey and Denny clothes, badge, mustache, suspenders, and autographed). $2K for pics backstage with them as before. No pics or signing at tonight's stage door because of benefit.

Special ASR cast member t-shirts in limited quantity for sale (designed by Daniel, according to Hugh - no surprise), autographed on front, embroidered "A Steady Rain" on front. Back: "WHERE IS MY F*CKING PUPPY?" An inside-joke (that isn't really clear to regular audience members) that obviously refers to a puppy discussed in the play. Had to buy that. Elisa, too!!

Both relieved the play is over. It's been great but ready to get on with our pre-ASR lives - just like Daniel and Hugh.
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

sf2la wrote:Tonight's show was really truly amazing. Great audience/cast chemistry. Lots of luminaries, well-heeled NYers, cast's family and friends. And Daniel shaved off his mustache before leaving the theater :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Auction at end - two t-shirts and two custom-made teddy bears (Joey and Denny clothes, badge, mustache, suspenders, and autographed). $2K for pics backstage with them as before. No pics or signing at tonight's stage door because of benefit.

Special ASR cast member t-shirts in limited quantity for sale (designed by Daniel, according to Hugh - no surprise), autographed on front, embroidered "A Steady Rain" on front. Back: "WHERE IS MY F*CKING PUPPY?" An inside-joke (that isn't really clear to regular audience members) that obviously refers to a puppy discussed in the play. Had to buy that. Elisa, too!!

Both relieved the play is over. It's been great but ready to get on with our pre-ASR lives - just like Daniel and Hugh.
So glad that we DTD's had our very own reporters their to bring us the climax of this episode in Daniel's life. Another chapter comes to a close <sigh>
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Cyanaurora wrote:So glad that we DTD's had our very own reporters their to bring us the climax of this episode in Daniel's life. Another chapter comes to a close <sigh>
I agree Cy. Those of us unable to get to NY have been blessed with the kindness and generosity of those who did visit and report back with experiences, photos and films.

And Daniel is clean-shaven already!!!!! :shock: Wow! That did not take long! :lol: :lol:

Now we will have withdrawal symptoms as Daniel goes to ground for a well-earned rest and Christmas break. I wonder if he is already back in London or if he has headed for the sun.
Jocelyn919

Post by Jocelyn919 »

He was quick to shave it off lol...

i am @ airport right now waitin to depart back to Toronto...but I have to say that it was so worth flyin to NY one last time...

i got a picture with Daniel and a kiss from him :P :P

update more when i get home lol
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

OMG, shock and awe - Jocelyn you lucky girl - a stacheless kiss?
Last edited by bumblebee on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

A stacheless Dan :D :shock: :D :shock:?! That's amazing! Can't wait for gorgeous pics!
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

bumblebee wrote:OMG, shock and awe - Jocelyn you lucky girl - a stacheless kiss?

Oh Jocelyn - I'm soooo envious - you lucky, lucky girl :D

And the stache has gone ...
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")