News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

SG, you're right - there are all kinds of ways to get Showtime if not in the US. And if for some crazy reason all that failed, which with the internet today shouldn't be possible, each season of all the shows are released as box sets. So the lad might just get nominated for an Emmy now. Award show to look forward to.

I have the impression from what he's said that he just wants to stay home with his family. TV allows for that. He won't be away like he is for Bond - filming or promoting. But who knows, and I agree - Do it for the money, Daniel!!!! But I still think he wrapped up his Bond with Spectre. But who knows, and even if he just does Purity for now, he'll do something else after that, and it will surely be film. He has the financial luxury of being a free spirit, too - doing just as he pleases, and not needing to do anything - but he had better still go to the gym regularly!!!! :wink:
Maria

Post by Maria »

Sylvia's girl wrote:EBRUARY 2016 MOVIES
Daniel Craig 'is not quitting James Bond' according to his reps, despite reports to the contrary

This is from a couple of sites, including Digital Spy and a BBC journalist.
Relief, even if for the time being...until we hear directly from him, or a trusted source. Then if it's negative news - I hope he'll change his mind! :dance2:
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

I've not read the book. Is the character he is going to play a large part?
Maria

Post by Maria »

Red-Snow wrote:I've not read the book. Is the character he is going to play a large part?
It was mentioned he would play German Andreas Wolf, a lead male character. No confirmation that is the character he would play.

For a mini version of the book in a few paragraphs *(meant to be humorous):

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/s ... ested-read

I've not read the book - yet - debating still.
Last edited by Maria on Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Maria wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:EBRUARY 2016 MOVIES
Daniel Craig 'is not quitting James Bond' according to his reps, despite reports to the contrary

This is from a couple of sites, including Digital Spy and a BBC journalist.
Relief, even if for the time being...until we hear directly from him, or a trusted source. Then if it's negative news - I hope he'll change his mind! :dance2:
YES!!!
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

As a great Bond-lover (Daniels Bond first) I was in :shock: this morning.
Now I said to myself.
Jana, just wait.
Wait for an offically statement from EON (BB) and Daniel.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Agreed. Wait for an official announcement. He could very well be playing Bond one last time. Regardless, this has been a good exercise for all of us - thinking of life without Daniel Bond because it is inevitable, whether now or after the next one. He'll do other things. He's not dropping off the face of the earth.

But that said, I'm a Daniel fan, and I'm a Bond fan provided he's Bond. When he's no longer playing Bind, I'll be ambivalent about the franchise.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

sf2la wrote:

SDK, Daniel did not die or retire. He'll be around for a long time, hopefully in more interesting roles than Bond. He did them before; he can do them after. Again, I'm just super happy that we'll be seeing a lot more of him. Yay!!!!
I know, I'm sorry!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Did I go 'off on one' again?
I really didn't mean to...
ONE MORE Bond from Daniel would make me happy. I don't like 'nasty surprises...' If I knew B25 would be his last before it even came out, I could prepare myself for that.
It's all been a bit much for me lately, not just 'health woes' but missing him too. SP BR can't come soon enough really. It's taken ages.
As I've said before, I google him every morning (since my phone will not allow me to access D2D...) :roll: When I saw that link to DM, I just panicked. I actually waited outside a place that had internet connection so I could post. I was 20 minutes late for work. And I only said I 'can't function without him' because it was on my mind when I got up. He was the only reason I got ANY sleep last night...
I know that it is never a good thing to wait for him to do another Bond, which sometimes takes years. I am still a bit unsure of the TV show...
Bottom line:- I am in no way ready to 'quit' on Daniel yet or have him 'quit' on me. I got scared.
I agree that it's a good idea to wait for an official announcement before we jump to any conclusions.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Daniel Craig 'Not Quitting' As James Bond

http://www.contactmusic.com/daniel-crai ... nd_5135538
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

...I start to think about to read the book (German version is available). 800 pages will give me something to do. Former East Germany is part of the plot. In advance, that gives me the idea, the production could go on location (aka Berlin). That Mr Wolf is described in the way, Daniel would love to play, IMO.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Jana66 wrote:...I start to think about to read the book (German version is available). 800 pages will give me something to do. Former East Germany is part of the plot. In advance, that gives me the idea, the production could go on location (aka Berlin). That Mr Wolf is described in the way, Daniel would love to play, IMO.
If they film in Berlin - oh I'd be out there stalking - I mean, casually walking around and happen to spot a film shoot, who would have thought? :oops:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

True, there would be some location shooting here. Berlin is always worth a visit :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Maria

Post by Maria »

Germangirl wrote:True, there would be some location shooting here. Berlin is always worth a visit :D
Sigh, I'd love to go. Even if I do not speak the language. (Typical tourist - me!)

Where I live, it's common to see filming for TV shows and films. (There can be from 50 to 150 productions shooting at a time, so I've bent old by several in the industry.) Several times, even on my own street, you are tripping up over the cables and pylons and big white production trucks. I try to go about my business and not get in the way. But you get to chat to a bored crew member sometimes, or better yet - get a chance to view a favourite show being filmed. I've been very lucky. Although if it's not a favourite show or something I'm not interested in, I tend to back off and let a real fan have the spot.

Now if I were in Berlin...knew the shooting schedule...have camera ready...
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

This is interesting, Chris Evans is re-promoting his Spectre promotional interview with DC and Naomie, and around the 5.20 mark he "tricks DC into admitting that he's doing another one". Watch and decide for yourself, DC certainly can't extricate himself from this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p035wnt ... _and_music
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hm, I don't hear him admitting anything. He was talking about Sp. :roll:
Please enlighten me, Bee. :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..